Non League Football

looking like a good crowd for saturday at Spenny. shame sunderland are at home (for many reasons)

if anyone fancies it then this would be a good time to go, added bonus of getting away from the shite at the SOL and should be a great game between 2 of the best sides in the league, good crowd and good atmosphere (stourbridge have a good away following) and the atmos on tuesday was very good given the circumstances. weather looks ok aswel

highlights of the semi here.. cant even see the snow

edit - Stourbridge bringing 500-600 apparently. club looking at gate of around 2000 which would be class. £10 on the door

Last edited:

When the dust settles the NE and Cumbria scene could look like this next season

Level 1 - Prem - Newcastle
Level 2 - Championship - Sunderland, Middlesbrough
Level 3 - League One - None
Level 4 - League Two - Carlisle United (Still could get to League One through play offs)
Level 5 - National League - Hartlepool United and Gateshead
Level 6 - National League North - Darlington, Blyth Spartans, Spennymoor, York City, Harrogate Town
Level 7 - Evo Stick Premier - Workington, Whitby
Level 8 - Evo Stick North - South Shields, Kendal Town

National League North actually starting to look 'Northern' for the first time in a long while.

Berwick were bottom of the Scottish League Two in play at one point this afternoon, but an equaliser from them and Cowdenbeath's ultimate defeat will hopefully be enough to keep them out of a relegation play off, that I suspect they would lose.

Terrible day for York and Hartlepool as well as ourselves, well done to Spennymoor though.

When the dust settles the NE and Cumbria scene could look like this next season

Level 4 - League Two - Carlisle United (Still could get to League One through play offs)
Level 6 - National League North - Darlington, Blyth Spartans, Spennymoor, York City, Harrogate Town
Level 8 - Evo Stick North - South Shields, Kendal Town

National League North actually starting to look 'Northern' for the first time in a long while.

Berwick were bottom of the Scottish League Two in play at one point this afternoon, but an equaliser from them and Cowdenbeath's ultimate defeat will hopefully be enough to keep them out of a relegation play off, that I suspect they would lose.

Terrible day for York and Hartlepool as well as ourselves, well done to Spennymoor though.

thanks for that update

Level 8 - Evo Stick North - South Shields, Kendal Town, Scarborough Athletic

Knew I had missed someone out!!!

Barrow as well mate, but aye good assessment. Was at the Spenny game earlier, really enjoyed it.

Barrow as well mate, but aye good assessment. Was at the Spenny game earlier, really enjoyed it.

i thought Spenny deserved it 100% but may be biased. i though Stour looked tired. we were in there faces from the first minute and they didnt like it. definite handball in the lead up to the goal but overall had enough chances to be 3 or 4 ahead. nearly blew it at the end, from where i was Lowson made a couple of top class saves right at the end.

i thought Spenny deserved it 100% but may be biased. i though Stour looked tired. we were in there faces from the first minute and they didnt like it. definite handball in the lead up to the goal but overall had enough chances to be 3 or 4 ahead. nearly blew it at the end, from where i was Lowson made a couple of top class saves right at the end.

Yeah I think Spenny definitely deserved it. Had a few good chances in the first half and their keeper made 3 or 4 great saves, especially that 2nd half header. Was a bit nervy towards the end but 2 great saves from Lowson, especially after the free kick, low to his right. Decent crowd there and home advantage was probably the main factor.

Should be some excellent games for them next season and chuffed they made it.

Yeah I think Spenny definitely deserved it. Had a few good chances in the first half and their keeper made 3 or 4 great saves, especially that 2nd half header. Was a bit nervy towards the end but 2 great saves from Lowson, especially after the free kick, low to his right. Decent crowd there and home advantage was probably the main factor.

Should be some excellent games for them next season and chuffed they made it.

havent seen an official attendance but the lads at spenny are saying 1700. dont think it was that many like. some class away games next season, Harrogate Town, York, Darlington, Blyth, Stockport, Halifax, FC United, Bradford PA, Curzon Ashton, possibly Kidderminster or Salford City. looking nice and 'northern' that league now

havent seen an official attendance but the lads at spenny are saying 1700. dont think it was that many like. some class away games next season, Harrogate Town, York, Darlington, Blyth, Stockport, Halifax, FC United, Bradford PA, Curzon Ashton, possibly Kidderminster or Salford City. looking nice and 'northern' that league now

It was officially announced at the stadium as very late 1600's and have seen 1699 doing the rounds.

Yeah, will be interesting to see who goes up via the playoffs, hopefully Kidderminster to keep it more northern.

In 2014 York City were at level 4, in the play-offs. In the same year Spennymoor were 5 levels below, sitting at the top of the Northern League division 1. Next season they'll be in the same division.

It was a handball but Spennymoor had been denied a similar one a few minutes earlier so the referee was consistent.

Back