Non League Football

Haway Spenny! Such a shame for Darlo given the situation but massive credit to the players who've had some good results since the news broke. Here hoping York can survive in the league above and Hartlepool can rescue their league status

Really enjoyable last home game of the season for Peth today, lovely weather and a really good atmosphere from both sets of fans firmly in party mood. The 4-2 scoreline makes it sound like a vaguely competitive game but it was ridiculously one-sided in reality and could easily have been 8 or 9 if it wasn't for a superb performance from the Marske keeper. With the result today 2nd place in the league is confirmed and South Shields are the only visiting side who haven't lost at Craik Park.

Club just announced on Twitter that Ben Sayer has signed a 2-year contract :cool:

Saw the Chester team at a motorway services yesterday, got stuffed 5-2 at Sutton today, most of them just looked like bairns, perhaps it was men against boys.

Saw the Chester team at a motorway services yesterday, got stuffed 5-2 at Sutton today, most of them just looked like bairns, perhaps it was men against boys.

They have lost 13 of their last 16 games so not sure if anything has happened there financially. Just 3 points clear but goal difference will save them, but had there been a few more games i bet they'd be favourites to go down.

They have lost 13 of their last 16 games so not sure if anything has happened there financially. Just 3 points clear but goal difference will save them, but had there been a few more games i bet they'd be favourites to go down.

I just had a look at who they were playing and the table, saw they were just below Sutton never even bothered looking at their form, that's nearly as bad as us. :lol:

Stourbridge 1 Workington 0 at half time in their playoff. Hopefully the winner of this will be playing Spennymoor on Saturday.

Seems a ridiculous turnaround mind. Workington play 46 games over the season, finish the season on Saturday, then have a one leg playoff 2 days later where if they lose their season will be over.

Stourbridge 1 Workington 0 at half time in their playoff. Hopefully the winner of this will be playing Spennymoor on Saturday.

Seems a ridiculous turnaround mind. Workington play 46 games over the season, finish the season on Saturday, then have a one leg playoff 2 days later where if they lose their season will be over.

Aye there was some talk about it on the Facebook page today. Apparently the non League teams set there 'midweek' fixture day , where 99% choose Tuesday. Some chose Wednesday and Stourbridge chose Monday for some reason. Maybe due to being close to so many league teams they thought it might help attendances. All league teams agree to it so although it seems harsh, Warrington knew it would be the case .

Can't wait for tomorrow night like

Aye there was some talk about it on the Facebook page today. Apparently the non League teams set there 'midweek' fixture day , where 99% choose Tuesday. Some chose Wednesday and Stourbridge chose Monday for some reason. Maybe due to being close to so many league teams they thought it might help attendances. All league teams agree to it so although it seems harsh, Warrington knew it would be the case .

Yeah, i've noticed a lot of Stourbridge Monday home fixtures this season and was aware of the preferred day thing but even Tues / Wed seems pretty sharp. I know this has been the case for years, but would be far better if they could give them a week to prepare, play the semi's next Saturday then the final a week later or something. It would still finish well before the Premier League and crowds would probably be boosted if it was a Saturday.

I've been following Stourbridge's Twitter tonight and while likely to be biased, it does seem all Stour - Workington's Twitter is non existent.

1-1 now. They seem to have been better in the 2nd half. Really hope the Cumbrians go through as well

Last edited:
Yeah, i've noticed a lot of Stourbridge Monday home fixtures this season and was aware of the preferred day thing but even Tues / Wed seems pretty sharp. I know this has been the case for years, but would be far better if they could give them a week to prepare, play the semi's next Saturday then the final a week later or something. It would still finish well before the Premier League and crowds would probably be boosted if it was a Saturday.

I've been following Stourbridge's Twitter tonight and while likely to be biased, it does seem all Stour - Workington's Twitter is non existent.

1-1 now. They seem to have been better in the 2nd half. Really hope the Cumbrians go through as well

2-2 93rd minute equaliser. Into extra time

0-0 HT. Spenny playing better and most possession but no clear chances. Bucketing down with sleet and rain. End behind the goal packed and decent atmosphere. Maybes 1000 here. £4 for a pint of worthies and a pint of coors. Shooting towards the open end second half, see how many brave it

Moors!

1-0

2-0 :cool:

And that's good night, 3-0 up. 2 goals in 2 mins and a home final with Stourbridge on Saturday

Shit, ruled offside, still 2-0.

Last edited:

Back