Non League Football

EvoStik Premier

Frickley 0 Spennymoor 2
Blyth 5 Whitby 1
Buxton 2 Matlock 1
Nantwich 0 Workington 1
Corby 3 Grantham 0
Rushall 0 Stourbridge 2

2nd place is now back in Spennymoor's hands after Nantwich lost. They are guaranteed a playoff place now but will secure second if they beat Barwell next Saturday. Workington will also secure a top 5 spot if they beat already relegated Ilkeston on Wednesday. Stourbridge end their campaign at home to Nantwich which could be important in deciding final playoff positions.

I'd like to see Workington secure their playoff spot (for a third season in a row) and ideally not be able to play Spenny until the final.

Logon or register to see this image

So, Lincoln need a win to officially seal the National League, although the way they won today has effectively done that.

Big steps to safety for both Woking and Solihull. Looks like two from four to go down. This article doesn't paint an optimistic future for Torquay regardless of what happens:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ear-relegation-losing-home-96-years-plainmoor

The owner has a history of buying stadiums for redevelopment purposes.

York did themselves no favours today, especially after going a goal up after 2 mins. That 7/1 I was talking about before the game has now shortened to 15/8. Bookies still expect Braintree and Torquay to drop though.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/bottom-4-finish

Last edited:

Best I've seen Darlo play all season, should have scored more than four. That first goal is guaranteed goal of the season, absolute screamer from thirty yards into the top corner from David Ferguson. Beaut.

Went to the game today, hell of goal by Ferguson, seems they are up for the fight to prove a point, hopefully the appeal with successful and they can play in the playoffs.

Dunno if it's been mentioned in thread, can't be arsed to trawl through, but...
Will Shields be taking up promotion to the NPLN, or like many before them not bothering?

Dunno if it's been mentioned in thread, can't be arsed to trawl through, but...
Will Shields be taking up promotion to the NPLN, or like many before them not bothering?

Yeah they will be in the NPL first division North, closest games will be Kendal, Tadcaster and Scarborough unless the latter make it up through the playoffs.

@tunstallhill do you have any idea when the NPL playoffs will be? If it goes off last season then the semi's will be Tues / Wed next week and the final will be 3pm a wekk on Saturday but I can't find any confirmation for this year. If that's the case and Spenny make the final (at home) then I might look to get down for it.

Hebburn Town 1 Mags U23 0 at HT. Canny crowd but its fecking freezing

I see Adam Rundle scored direct from a corner - he was always a 'promising winger' (left wing) on CM4 for Carlisle which would have been back in 2003, used to always sign him, ha.

Last edited:
Big game for Workington (Cumbria) tonight, a win at home to already relegated Ilkeston would seal a playoff spot and also put them in a good position to secure a home semi final and from my perspective, avoid Spenny in the semis. Workington were pipped to the title by FC United 2 years ago and finished 2nd but lost at home to 5th place Ilkeston in the semi so hopefully they get revenge tonight. Mind, last year they finished 5th but beat 2nd place Blyth 3-4 in the semi before losing to Salford in the final.

@tunstallhill do you have any idea when the NPL playoffs will be? If it goes off last season then the semi's will be Tues / Wed next week and the final will be 3pm a wekk on Saturday but I can't find any confirmation for this year. If that's the case and Spenny make the final (at home) then I might look to get down for it.

I see Adam Rundle scored direct from a corner - he was always a 'promising winger' (left wing) on CM4 for Carlisle which would have been back in 2003, used to always sign him, ha.

Aye semi is next Tuesday and final is next Saturday. I think

Workington won 2-0 last night to guarantee a playoff place so that's them, Spenny and Stourbridge all confirmed. Nantwich need 1 point from 2 games to guarantee their place, if they lose both then Buxton will sneak in if they beat Marine.

Stourbridge play Nantwich on the final day so the final positions could go anyway. If Spennymoor beat Barwell they will have 2nd place and hone advantage through the playoffs, but if they lose they could still finish 4th and be away.

I'd love a Spenny Workington final and that is probably looking most likely at this stage.

Aye semi is next Tuesday and final is next Saturday. I think

If it's Spennymoor vs Workington in the final then I'll definitely look to get along although I don't know what the situation will be regarding tickets and capacity.

Last edited:
Halesowen 0 Nantwich 0

Every team has now played 45 games and Nantwich have secured their playoff spot, but there are playoff positions to decide in the final round of games:

Remaining game of note:

Spennymoor vs Barwell (12th place nothing really to play for)
Workington vs Sutton Coldfield (currently in the final relegation place and level on points with Corby, so a big game for them)
Stourbridge vs Nantwich - both sides have secured their playoff spots but this game will be key in deciding who plays who in the semi finals

Spenny need just a point to secure 2nd, but if they lose and Stour and Workington both win then they would finish 4th and be away in the semi final. Workington need to better Stourbridge's result to guarantee a home playoff semi, they could even finish 2nd if they win and Spenny lose.

All to play for.

Halesowen 0 Nantwich 0

Every team has now played 45 games and Nantwich have secured their playoff spot, but there are playoff positions to decide in the final round of games:

Remaining game of note:

Spennymoor vs Barwell (12th place nothing really to play for)
Workington vs Sutton Coldfield (currently in the final relegation place and level on points with Corby, so a big game for them)
Stourbridge vs Nantwich - both sides have secured their playoff spots but this game will be key in deciding who plays who in the semi finals

Spenny need just a point to secure 2nd, but if they lose and Stour and Workington both win then they would finish 4th and be away in the semi final. Workington need to better Stourbridge's result to guarantee a home playoff semi, they could even finish 2nd if they win and Spenny lose.

All to play for.

aye its looking like a class end to the season. all the teams that are in it have been there or there abouts, and a draw tomorrow to finish second is phenomenal for spenny after last seasons promotion. i'll be there tomorrow, and for the semi (if at home) and the final should it happen. send me a PM if you are going across be good to have a pint. been away the last couple of weeks but just got back in time, all the spenny lads are well up for it. shouldnt be a problem for tickets like, ground holds a few thousand and would expect the attendance to be around 1000-1200

Real crossroads for Darlo as theres hell on with all the fan investors/board etc. Basically they're saying they need to cut the budget as they're making a loss but Martin Gray has said they need to find an investor to progress or hes off.

Back