Non League Football

Spennymoor 2-0 up so will secure 2nd place and home advantage in the semi, and hopefully the final. Looks like they will play Nantwich who are now losing 3-2 to Stourbridge. Should be Stourbridge vs Workington in the other semi final.

You could get 7/1 for them to go down 8 days ago. I had a few quid on that as i thought they were crazy odds. Not looking good for them. National League North could have a lot of local sides next season

With Blyth, possibly Spenny, Darlo and potentially York at NLN level and the prospect of Pools joining Gateshead. Shields in the NPL D1N the fight for local players will be so intense.

Spennymoor 2-0 up so will secure 2nd place and home advantage in the semi, and hopefully the final. Looks like they will play Nantwich who are now losing 3-2 to Stourbridge. Should be Stourbridge vs Workington in the other semi final.

Stourbridge 4-2 up now so definitely looking like the following semi's now:

Spennymoor vs Nantwich
Stourbridge vs Workington

Hoping for a Spennymoor - Workington final.

With Blyth, possibly Spenny, Darlo and potentially York at NLN level and the prospect of Pools joining Gateshead. Shields in the NPL D1N the fight for local players will be so intense.

I keep forgetting about Harrogate for some reason, but they are actually more local than York.

Stourbridge 4-2 up now so definitely looking like the following semi's now:

Spennymoor vs Nantwich

Hoping for a Spennymoor - Workington final.

I keep forgetting about Harrogate for some reason, but they are actually more local than York.

Supposedly looking at going full time next season too, Harrogate that is

Full time's in the EvoStik

Spennymoor 2 Barwell 0
Workington 0 Sutton Coldfield 0
Stourbridge 4 Nantwich 2

Final leauge positions

2) Spennymoor
3) Stourbridge
4) Workington
5) Nantwich

Playoff semi finals:

Monday

Tuesday
Spennymoor vs Nantwich

FULL-TIME: Guisborough Town 2-3 South Shields (Blinco, Smith, Finnigan). The champions finish on 108 points!

Oh well I'm sure stopping Salford from finishing 5th/6th will be enough motivation next week. Salford v Darlo and Chorley v Halifax would have been a canny conclusion to the end of the season if Darlo were able to qualify for the play offs.

Oh well I'm sure stopping Salford from finishing 5th/6th will be enough motivation next week. Salford v Darlo and Chorley v Halifax would have been a canny conclusion to the end of the season if Darlo were able to qualify for the play offs.

Completely forgot about Darlo's result with the off field situation but they've ended the season very strongly and to just need a point to finish in the top 5 is fantastic for a first season attempt.

Squeaky bum time ahead next week in the last day Conference fixtures.

Braintree, York, Guiseley, Torquay, & Woking all fighting to avoid the final two relegation spots.
(Technically Chester too, although would be a remarkable set of results to send them down)

Squeaky bum time ahead next week in the last day Conference fixtures.

Braintree, York, Guiseley, Torquay, & Woking all fighting to avoid the last two relegation spots.

Looking at the remaining fixtures i think Woking are York's best hope to stay up. You'd think Torquay would defo make it 3 wins in a row to stay up at home to North Ferriby. Guiseley should beat Solihull who are now safe - those results would be enough to relegate Braintree then after that York would have to beat Forest Green and hope that Woking lost at Dagenham - not impossible but not very likely. It was last week that knackered York after they had been in such good form.

Personally think the current bottom 4 will drop, but it will be interesting if York do score first and you see the always changing 'as it stands' tables.

Looking at the remaining fixtures i think Woking are York's best hope to stay up. You'd think Torquay would defo make it 3 wins in a row to stay up at home to North Ferriby. Guiseley should beat Solihull who are now safe - those results would be enough to relegate Braintree then after that York would have to beat Forest Green and hope that Woking lost at Dagenham - not impossible but not very likely. It was last week that knackered York after they had been in such good form.

Personally think the current bottom 4 will drop, but it will be interesting if York do score first and you see the always changing 'as it stands' tables.

I'd agree with all of that.

Back