Non League Football

FA Trophy 1st Round draw just taken place.

The four northeast teams left in it managed to avoid one another.

Solihull v Darlington

Stourbridge or South Shields v Southport

Harrogate Town v Hartlepool United

Stockport County v Blyth Spartans or Alfreton

FA Trophy 1st Round draw just taken place.

The four northeast teams left in it managed to avoid one another.

Solihull v Darlington

Stourbridge or South Shields v Southport

Harrogate Town v Hartlepool United

Stockport County v Blyth Spartans or Alfreton
Crackers midweek trip to Stourbridge tomorrow at three days notice. Glad Sunderland are at home or I may have been tempted!

I was talking to one of the players on Saturday who explained to me why it’s on midweek and suck short notice, crazy set of results and draws and other comps taking precedence over this game, not good for the lads who have to graft then get to a game, it’s ha hard slog at that level
The original date for the round was 9th November, but the Stourbridge v Lancaster City game was called off due to the weather, and was played instead on Tuesday 12th, ending in a draw. Both teams already had a league fixture arranged for the following midweek (which incidentally were both called off due to the weather anyway), so the replay was rearranged for the Saturday as both clubs had a free Saturday due to it being the FA Trophy weekend.

The original date for the round was 9th November, but the Stourbridge v Lancaster City game was called off due to the weather, and was played instead on Tuesday 12th, ending in a draw. Both teams already had a league fixture arranged for the following midweek (which incidentally were both called off due to the weather anyway), so the replay was rearranged for the Saturday as both clubs had a free Saturday due to it being the FA Trophy weekend.
And Shields postponed their league game on Saturday at Bamber Bridge as they expected an FA Trophy game. Ultimately pointless as as you say the Stourbridge/Lancaster game wasnt played until Saturday!

Having done some further research, it wasn't the weather that caused the postponements on 9th and 19th, it was Stourbridge's FA Cup tie and replay with Eastleigh. Stourbridge and Lancaster announced immediately after their game on 12th that the replay would take place on 23rd, so Shields should have known then.

Having done some further research, it wasn't the weather that caused the postponements on 9th and 19th, it was Stourbridge's FA Cup tie and replay with Eastleigh. Stourbridge and Lancaster announced immediately after their game on 12th that the replay would take place on 23rd, so Shields should have known then.
Shields announced their league game with Bamber Bridge was postponed straight after last round against Rushden on the 9th.

I would think that's pretty standard as they wouldnt have known were getting Stourbridge at that point, or the successive postponements

Thanks for all that. I wondered why Shields game was off. I heard that if both teams agree a Trophy game can be settled without a replay. Is that correct ?

Thanks for all that. I wondered why Shields game was off. I heard that if both teams agree a Trophy game can be settled without a replay. Is that correct ?
Gone to a replay after 93rd min equaliser, fuck knows when that is going to be. FA prob rule Morpeth game this Saturday to be moved knowing them...

Gone to a replay after 93rd min equaliser, fuck knows when that is going to be. FA prob rule Morpeth game this Saturday to be moved knowing them...
I was looking forward to Morpeth game having attended both the vase games three years ago.Ironically the early season match at Morpeth was postponed due I think to FA cup ties taking priority.

I think I'll take in the South Shields v Morpeth game today if it beats the weather. Possibly a bit of needle still left after the Vase games a few seasons ago?
I will be there also. Nothing on twitter or club website to suggest game in doubt. I would expect a larger than usual crowd perhaps up to 2000. I was at the second vase game at Morpeth as well as the first. I thought both teams played the game in a sporting fashion with no animosity between supporters which considering the prior generator failure was a credit to both teams. At the time I thought Shields should have taken the moral high ground and conceded the tie. No one of course agreed !

Back