Non League Football

Whickham ... Have they come into some money ? Few big names recently

My boss is something to do with them and someone who works in the same office as me is now a committee member of Whickam. Putting a bit of money into it think their plan is to do a Shields, whether or not it happens is another matter. They’ve just signed Adam Bartlett the keeper and a couple of lads from Bishop Auckland. Finnegan was in my work last Friday so I knew that was going to happen. Looking for a new ground as well as their current ground is garbage apparently.

Thats 100% true and has helped them get the likes of Matty Pattison and one or two others. Hopefully they will do a bit better next time around.
My boss is something to do with them and someone who works in the same office as me is now a committee member of Whickam. Putting a bit of money into it think their plan is to do a Shields, whether or not it happens is another matter. They’ve just signed Adam Bartlett the keeper and a couple of lads from Bishop Auckland. Finnegan was in my work last Friday so I knew that was going to happen. Looking for a new ground as well as their current ground is garbage apparently.
If ground development and progression is on the cards, then was it not out of the question to buy into the Gateshead fans takeover? Whickham is in Gateshead, start at the Northern League , rename the club to Gateshead something or other and double the current fan base? Surely he thought of it and surely the Heed fans thought of approaching him

Will he give them Saturdays off:lol:
Imagine getting double time for playing football... colleagues will get the union in :lol:

Last edited:
If ground development and progression is on the cards, then was it not out of the question to buy into the Gateshead fans takeover? Whickham is in Gateshead, start at the Northern League , rename the club to Gateshead something or other and double the current fan base? Surely he thought of it and surely the Heed fans thought of approaching him

I’m not sure tbh mate never spoken to him about it properly, just hear bits and pieces in the office. I know they were looking at areas in Gateshead for a new ground. I think he used to play for Whickham as well which might be why he wants to try and do it with them. He’s an ambitious bloke so wouldn’t be surprised to see it pay off, alternatively it could end like Celtic Nation did although they won’t be paying the same standard of wages as they were

Ridiculously complicated but basically only the champs were sure to go up. 2nd placed teams all around the country at the same level were promoted depending on their average points per game total. Thornaby qualified on that basis, some 2nd placed teams were denied. Northallerton finished 3rd and their ppg was nowhere near their totals, would have been a big shock for them to be told they were going up.

Some of the 2nd placed teams are expected to appeal. Promotion and relegation was further complicated by 2 first division teams resigning last season

Thanks for the explanation, I saw a tweet from Northallerton talking about appeals but your post puts that in context. Carlisle City promoted to NL Div 2, thats a long away trip next year :)

Danny Carson has signed for Hebburn. Great signing, with three going up next year expect to see Hebburn in the Evostik the year after

Back