Non League Football

Lost on pens. Gutted. But what a great effort.
tbh Chorley looked way stronger and fitter than us. Spenny suffer from what Safc have at moment and thats a lack of height/physical presence on the pitch.
Also their ground and number of home fans makes them better equipped for promotion than us.
Decent day out tho

tbh Chorley looked way stronger and fitter than us. Spenny suffer from what Safc have at moment and thats a lack of height/physical presence on the pitch.
Also their ground and number of home fans makes them better equipped for promotion than us.
Decent day out tho

Its hard to imagine Spennymoor would have survived in the National League but it would have been great just to get there.

Its hard to imagine Spennymoor would have survived in the National League but it would have been great just to get there.
Agree it would of been nice but could of been a long season, saying that I know the new MD and he said they had a very healthy budget if we did go up.
New stand being started last week, pitch being leveled at last and moving the academy over to the daisy field with classroom etc and a tie in with American scholarships..

Agree it would of been nice but could of been a long season, saying that I know the new MD and he said they had a very healthy budget if we did go up.
New stand being started last week, pitch being leveled at last and moving the academy over to the daisy field with classroom etc and a tie in with American scholarships..

Pitch being levelled? You mean they're losing the slope?

Thats what has been said....cant see it myself......maybe level it out a bit but there must be a good foot drop from one box to the other

Listened to commentary, it sounded like a bit of a battering. But Chorley were leaders for a long time and had home advantage of course.

Went to Workington today for what is probably/possibly/maybe/nobody really seems to have much of a clue whether it is or isn't* (*delete as applicable) the last ever match at Borough Park. The current Workington side took on a team rather optimistically titled 'Reds Legends' for the Tony Hopper Trophy.

Tony Hopper played 100 games for Carlisle United, then spent around a decade at Workington. He died last October at the tragically young age of 42, after a long battle with Motor Neurone Disease. Most of those in the Legends team had been former team mates of his.

I suspect the ground has changed very little since the Football League days. Will be a shame to see it go.

If anyone actually cares, the modern day Reds won 4-0.

Went to Workington today for what is probably/possibly/maybe/nobody really seems to have much of a clue whether it is or isn't* (*delete as applicable) the last ever match at Borough Park. The current Workington side took on a team rather optimistically titled 'Reds Legends' for the Tony Hopper Trophy.

Tony Hopper played 100 games for Carlisle United, then spent around a decade at Workington. He died last October at the tragically young age of 42, after a long battle with Motor Neurone Disease. Most of those in the Legends team had been former team mates of his.

I suspect the ground has changed very little since the Football League days. Will be a shame to see it go.

I'm glad you posted this.

Did shields go up?

Played many moons ago at this stadium, v Cumberland for Northumberland, won 2/0, yours truly bagging the second goal in off the crossbar.

No. The statement and question are separate.
Just seems strange to ask if Shields went up two weeks after the event...

Sunderland West End and Newcastle Uni promoted to Northern League Division Two. Carlisle City moved across from North West Counties.

No teams relegated from Division one or Two.

Dunston UTS placed in Evostik North West

Last edited by a moderator:

Back