No Man's Sky

Aye, the portals were disabled on release. They're fixed now.
The mulitplayer thing was always him trying to be as vague as possible on what the game was, he probably handled it badly. He's not a PR bloke.
It is multiplayer, in the grand sense - it's a shared Universe. It always has been. I think a lot of people who weren't following the game development had their own ideas and the hype outstripped it all.
I think they're only putting the first steps of mulitplayer in now to make up for that, I don't think it was ever intended as that sort of game.
All very well if it was just an indie game or a one for 15 quid, but it wasn't sold like that. They sold it as a triple A game, selling it for 50 quid. You want it to represent that value, and people were rightly pissed off that they were mislead.

All very well if it was just an indie game or a one for 15 quid, but it wasn't sold like that. They sold it as a triple A game, selling it for 50 quid. You want it to represent that value, and people were rightly pissed off that they were mislead.
Oh aye, but again I think that was down to the pressure of being picked up and marketed as a AAA when it had come from a tiny Indie studio. Chucked off the deepend. :lol:

Oh aye, but again I think that was down to the pressure of being picked up and marketed as a AAA when it had come from a tiny Indie studio. Chucked off the deepend. :lol:

Yep, a dozen developers down in Guildford produced something so shiny the Sony/PS4 mega hype PR machine consumed them.

But agree with what's said above, too many people these days throw their toys out of the pram too quickly.

If the 39.99 (I'm a PC player) is too much for an overhyped game, just wait a. couple. of. days. to see the reaction and reviews before buying it imo.

I'd never buy a game without researching it first. I was happy with the first release, I enjoy the exploration vibe and it was easy to look at Twitch to preview my purchase.

Plus it seems there is a whole population out there that think all AAA games should be multiplayer shoot-em-ups.

Even Elite Dangerous has had endless bitching about single player being 'unfair'. Go into multiplayer as a noob and you are ganked by players camping on spawn points..

Bah, humbug!

Rumour has it the Captain offers you a discount if you try and buy it after saving it from a pirate attack.

and this is true. i think i first discovered you could buy them after rescuing one. got all excited like i was going to buy one... £150m he wanted.

sadly there wasn't a 'how about here's 3m and i'll owe you the rest?' option

I agree and I'm glad I didn't get it on release being on Xbox at the time. If I paid full price for an unfinished game I'd be raging too.

Most games these days are released unfinished aren't they? And have been since the 2000s
Not quite like this, with the premium price, insane hype and the amount of work that needed doing it set a new benchmark for misleading punters.

Elite Dangerous was more complete when it was released as an "in development" cheapie for Xbox One.

That said HG could have sloped off with the money and started a new company but they didn't, they were dedicated to delivering the final product at personal cost to themselves and that counts for something.

Not quite like this, with the premium price, insane hype and the amount of work that needed doing it set a new benchmark for misleading punters.

Elite Dangerous was more complete when it was released as an "in development" cheapie for Xbox One.

That said HG could have sloped off with the money and started a new company but they didn't, they were dedicated to delivering the final product at personal cost to themselves and that counts for something.

well glad they did cuz im loving it.

no idea what this latest patch has added mind, other than the initial load screen looking different?

well glad they did cuz im loving it.

no idea what this latest patch has added mind, other than the initial load screen looking different?
It's got proper save slots rather than one per difficulty level

It lets you change the scrap/delete item button from the middle mouse button to whatever you want. Game changer for me on an Xbox gamepad

There's an option to skip the black bands that pop up on screen when you load up the game or arrive on a planet for the first time

Something about more varied planets and weather

Cheapest I've seen now was about 80m. That's the dream. :lol:

Rumour has it the Captain offers you a discount if you try and buy it after saving it from a pirate attack.
This could be true

The glass farm got set up and after a bit repetitive grinding I got the 48 slot beast necessary.

Ran out of fecking Thanium and mining away when some pirates attacked.

Mentally I was still in my fully upgraded exotic ship so imagine my surprise when I started to go down faster than girojim's ma

Limped to the station for my last stand, a load of fighters joined in and I made it through.

After that a yellow freighter icon appeared on the screen so I bombed over. It was a 16 slot on sale for 88.5m. I had 90m grinding money left, obviously it was meant to be.

All that farming has made me hate the game a bit, I'm taking a few days off to watch YouTube videos and see what the hell to do with a freighter once you've actually bought one.

Last edited:
Just got this. Any tips?

Id suggest its an exploration game so explore! The more tips etc you read the more you will miss out discovering for yourself and seeing for the first time

I found this guide helpful and there's plenty of others on YouTube etc

https://kotaku.com/tips-for-getting-started-in-no-mans-sky-update-1784997618

You've still not answered if 18m for a freighter was a typo or not!! Just seen the one I want for a mere 350m so ill be saving up for a while I think.

Anyone play this on pc? Wondering how different it is

Last edited:

Back