No Man's Sky

Id suggest its an exploration game so explore! The more tips etc you read the more you will miss out discovering for yourself and seeing for the first time

You've still not answered if 18m for a freighter was a typo or not!! Just seen the one I want for a mere 350m so ill be saving up for a while I think.

Anyone play this on pc? Wondering how different it is
Apologies for that marra, I wasn't sure what happened myself.

Looking back I'd already bought the expensive first freighter so was getting a trade-in price without realising it :oops:

I stopped playing a a couple of months ago, back then freighters were usually horrendously expensive.

Apologies for that marra, I wasn't sure what happened myself.

Looking back I'd already bought the expensive first freighter so was getting a trade-in price without realising it :oops:

I stopped playing a a couple of months ago, back then freighters were usually horrendously expensive.

ahh right haha.

they still are like.

did you ever.. without wanting to put any spoilers in here follow the story and actually do it?

ahh right haha.

they still are like.

did you ever.. without wanting to put any spoilers in here follow the story and actually do it?
I tried, but the story wasn't exactly gripping. I remember using this stargate type monolith then sacking it off as I'd already put over 100 hours in and was getting bored.

I tried, but the story wasn't exactly gripping. I remember using this stargate type monolith then sacking it off as I'd already put over 100 hours in and was getting bored.

not exactly gripping no haha. i've not really discovered the point of the stargates... other than obviously they are portals.

i've gone through the story up to a point, there is still stuff to do and i'm still enjoying playin git.. whether that says more abou tme than the game though who knows.

i think it as art - a wonderful comment on the pointlessness of existence. :lol::lol:

not exactly gripping no haha. i've not really discovered the point of the stargates... other than obviously they are portals.

i've gone through the story up to a point, there is still stuff to do and i'm still enjoying playin git.. whether that says more abou tme than the game though who knows.

i think it as art - a wonderful comment on the pointlessness of existence. :lol::lol:
As I understand it, they tend to lead to exotic worlds, plus you can note the address and give it to others to meet up. I think it might be another nod towards full multiplayer.

As I understand it, they tend to lead to exotic worlds, plus you can note the address and give it to others to meet up. I think it might be another nod towards full multiplayer.

i've only ended up in pretty vague areas.

alot of people obviously did what i did first time out and go to the world addressed 1-2-3-4-etc

i left a communication station there, if you ever see it :lol:

is this game still worth getting? Can you play solo or is it always multiplayer?
I think it's great and only going to get better with VR, but you're gonna get a biased opinion from ppl who post on a NMS thread. I can see why plenty of ppl think it's repetitive tho.
There's hardly any multiplayer at the moment, but that's due to increase in the next update coming out in the next fortnight. I prefer the single player implementation anyway.

If you can get it on offer anywhere, try it out.

I think it's great and only going to get better with VR, but you're gonna get a biased opinion from ppl who post on a NMS thread. I can see why plenty of ppl think it's repetitive tho.
There's hardly any multiplayer at the moment, but that's due to increase in the next update coming out in the next fortnight. I prefer the single player implementation anyway.

If you can get it on offer anywhere, try it out.
The only problem I've noticed so far is if you build your base too big, the game crashes
They are all pretty pointless marra.
Apparently, if you have had a shag then gaming is not allowed anymore..

Don't think animals count though

Last edited:
I’m sure this info is already littered throughout this thread but given the various patches and updates (and the fact I’m a lazy fucker who can’t be arsed to read 5 pages) can anyone give any tips to new players?

I bought the game cheap but haven’t played as waiting to start from scratch in VR. Didn’t want to spoil anything by playing flat first.

Back