No Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Then what would happen to people who bought reserved tickets simply because there not able to stand for the whole journey, (Sensible replies) ive a mate who's taking his in law with him and he's 82.....

They sit in the seat they have reserved and if that is not available for whatever reason they get a priority seat - just like every other train service on the network?

Last edited:
Then what would happen to people who bought reserved tickets simply because there not able to stand for the whole journey, (Sensible replies) ive a mate who's taking his in law with him and he's 82.....
Knackered seemingly. Only advice I could give is get there early.

Not sure why they wouldn't let those with reservations on first at a terminal like KX especially if it's all sold out. Would certainly reduce friction.

They sit in the seat they have reserved and if that is not available for whatever reason they get a priority seat - just like every other train service on the network?
What if there are none available?

Last edited:
They (LNER) have canceled reservations most bank holiday Mondays I've traveled with them

Stood all the way to London on at least three occasions I can recall

Knackered seemingly. Only advice I could give is get there early.

Not sure why they wouldn't let those with reservations on first at a terminal like KX especially if it's all sold out. Would certainly reduce friction.

What if there are none available?

The seat he has reserved will be available.

On the slim chance that the seat he has reserved is not available, there are typically 7 or 8 seats in every carriage which are priority seats for the elderly / disabled. That's what, maybe the best part of 100 priority seats on a train to and from London?

There will not be 100 elderly / disabled passengers on the train.

He will get a seat.

It isn't the first time the train companies have carried an 82 year old.

Completely impractical that though isn't it? Someone who has an anytime return could travel on any train in a month. So are you suggesting the train companies should assume that that person would be on every single train over the course of a month? Trains would all be deserted and the train companies would all go bust overnight.

Take your point, but I wonder what proportions are those most flexible ones, and that technically isn't overselling, but there could be a percentage limit on non-transferable 'discounted' deal type for a set train.

You mean like when you buy a ticket for a seat in a football stadium and ha e to stand the whole game because some scrunt in front of you wants to stand?

Doesn't matter. If you haven't reserved a seat you're not entitled to one and shouldn't think you are otherwise that'll cause issues and arguments.
Was talking about those that have reservations but are unable to physically get to them due to the train being mega packed as seems likely on a lot of services.

Was talking about those that have reservations but are unable to physically get to them due to the train being mega packed as seems likely on a lot of services.
Ah right I get you, I thought you meant people not having seats

Have LNER or GNR made any annoucements regarding organisation of how people Will be boarding the trains over the weekend , ie people with reserved seating boarding first and informing people which coaches are free or is it just gonna be a free for all , fckn disgrase if theres not something sorted.

Spoken to Grand Central.
Security staff on plus Police at Sunderland.
Those with reserved get priority obvly.
Then it's down to how far up or down queue you are.
They are very well prepared so they said for the radgees.

Spoke to LNER when I was picking up my train tickets today. They have no plans yet for Sunday night!

Best case scenario: people without reservations will have to queue. They'll let those with reservations on, work out how many extra the train can safely carry and let that many people on from the queue.

Worst case scenario: they'll suspend reservations and it'll be a free for all.

The 17.30 and 18.00 have lots of space. If we lose, leave bang on the final whistle and get back as quick as you can to aim for one of those trains. If it goes to extra time/pens/trophy lifting the later people are getting back to Kings Cross will have an impact on later trains.

So to sum up: nobody has any idea what is going to happen :lol:

Asked this in the other thread - if someone has booked on the 12:47 will they be able to use that ticket on the relief train at 8?

Spoke to LNER when I was picking up my train tickets today. They have no plans yet for Sunday night!

Best case scenario: people without reservations will have to queue. They'll let those with reservations on, work out how many extra the train can safely carry and let that many people on from the queue.

The 17.30 and 18.00 have lots of space. If we lose, leave bang on the final whistle and get back as quick as you can to aim for one of those trains. If it goes to extra time/pens/trophy lifting the later people are getting back to Kings Cross will have an impact on later trains.

I don't suppose they mentioned what plans they had, if any for the Sunday morning trains from Newcastle. Got reserved seats on the 8.55, so hoping that means we should be ok but you never know. Coming back monday afternoon so should have settled down by then.

I don't suppose they mentioned what plans they had, if any for the Sunday morning trains from Newcastle. Got reserved seats on the 8.55, so hoping that means we should be ok but you never know. Coming back monday afternoon so should have settled down by then.

No I didn't ask sorry. We're going on Saturday morning.

I think going down will be easier as people are spread out across all of Saturday and Sunday morning.

Trexit.

I can’t speak for anyone else but if there was an 82 year old on my carriage, they’d get a seat.

I have enough faith in our support to be pretty confident he’ll be looked after one way or another mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back