No Announcement

All this talk of free for alls, over selling , seat reservations not being honoured, I'm not sure whether to be worrying or not tbh.
Is most of this talk about the Saturday and Sunday?,

Were going down from Durham, 10.30 Friday morning.
I was kinda hoping that would avoid any of this clart on but not sure whether it'll be chaotic even then:neutral:
You’ll be fine on the Friday, the carnage will be Saturday and Sunday mornings.

You’ll be fine on the Friday, the carnage will be Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Hopefully. Just being a bit paranoid:lol:
I'm thinking the fri should just be a normal commute. Although maybe some safc may start to make their way down later that afternoon.

Not really sure why people need an announcement on how to board a train, or why the OP thinks it is a 'f***ing disgrace' that there hasn't been an announcement by the train companies.

Maybe they assume people will be capable of finding the station, finding the platform, queuing if necessary, taking their seat if reserved, hoping they find an unused one if they don't, standing if necessary, in a worst case scenario waiting for the next train.

It's what huge numbers of people up and down the country do every day from Monday to Friday, week in, week out.

Not really sure why people need an announcement on how to board a train, or why the OP thinks it is a 'f***ing disgrace' that there hasn't been an announcement by the train companies.

Maybe they assume people will be capable of finding the station, finding the platform, queuing if necessary, taking their seat if reserved, hoping they find an unused one if they don't, standing if necessary, in a worst case scenario waiting for the next train.

It's what huge numbers of people up and down the country do every day from Monday to Friday, week in, week out.
I appreciate what you’re saying but I also think a couple of lines on LNERs twitter explaining procedure for the weekend wouldn’t go a miss.

I’ve spoke to a few people who say they’re on certain trains but don’t have reservations. In reality all they have is an open ticket. The system lets you pick times and book tickets but doesn’t give seat reservations as the train is probably already full. Those are the people that will be kicking off if they can’t get on because in their mind theyve booked on that train. A lot of people won’t have an understanding of how the ticketing system works.

Then again there’s plenty of trains and I suspect everyone will get there. People were panicking on here about match tickets and in the end there was more than enough available.

Mate this is the smb, one chap planned to follow a bus down.;)

You miss the point though ie I bought tickets from Hartlepool in good faith.
Later informed train probably wont allow any on there/drive to sland an hour before departure.
Thats pretty shit tbf.

How accurate does that tend to be, I’ve never used it before prior to a journey? Just the one I’m on on Sunday morning is showing as likely to have lots of seats, which I’m amazed about. We have reservations anyway but I’d still prefer it had plenty others available to reduce the chances of someone jumping in ours before us or it being a battle through the aisle every time you have to get up for a piss.

How accurate does that tend to be, I’ve never used it before prior to a journey? Just the one I’m on on Sunday morning is showing as likely to have lots of seats, which I’m amazed about. We have reservations anyway but I’d still prefer it had plenty others available to reduce the chances of someone jumping in ours before us or it being a battle through the aisle every time you have to get up for a piss.

Surely it has no idea weather 100,500 or 1000 open ticket folk will rock up.

never used it before as 99.9% of the time it's not an issue - I have used their new app which shows you what seats are available once you're onboard (must use the same info as that page ) and it's been fairly accurate

Surely it has no idea weather 100,500 or 1000 open ticket folk will rock up.
that's the problem, nobody knows how many open tickets will rock up

There seems to be a lot of posters on this thread that need to be led by the hand, time to grow a pair and get out into the big bad world........it’s not such a bad place.

never used it before as 99.9% of the time it's not an issue - I have used their new app which shows you what seats are available once you're onboard (must use the same info as that page ) and it's been fairly accurate

that's the problem, nobody knows how many open tickets will rock up

Its like a crowd predictor thing which has no idea how many will pay on the gate. Ie useless.:lol:

There seems to be a lot of posters on this thread that need to be led by the hand, time to grow a pair and get out into the big bad world........it’s not such a bad place.

Agree on certain elements mate like shall i drive down behind a bus or will i fit 2 pair of undies in a bag posts etc.

However I use the train loads and am fine with itbut can see why confusion/worry for many here. On an occasion like this its beyond me why they cant make a few trains ‘no walk on’ bar greed obviously.

I couldn't give a fuck about a seat like as long as I get on.

Hope the elderly and kids get to sit down, I'm sure everyone will make sure that happens.

Hawayawayawayaaaa

How is it any different to normal busy times?

You board the train, if you have a reserved seat you sit in it (having told whoever is sitting there to move). If you don't have a reserved seat you take your chances. Simple really.
I'm confused

Back