Nissan

I heard that a T/L was told about someone on his shift was supposed to be isolating but had been seen going to the pub, so he went and sat near his house and caught him on camera.
When he came back to work he was taken upstairs and shown the pics.
Gone
Sounds very dodgy to me. Don't think any company can decide whether your breaking covid rules outside of work or not. And whether it's a sackable offence. They may have got him on something else
Also don't think a T/L has the juristiction to be doing that. In fact it could be seen as gross misconduct by him.

Sounds very dodgy to me. Don't think any company can decide whether your breaking covid rules outside of work or not. And whether it's a sackable offence. They may have got him on something else
Also don't think a T/L has the juristiction to be doing that. In fact it could be seen as gross misconduct by him.
If the person is off work saying they need to be isolating and aren’t, then that should be a sackable offence IMO.

It is what it is. No nonsense manufacturing. It's not a charity, it's a serious high volume set up and should be treated as such.

If the person is off work saying they need to be isolating and aren’t, then that should be a sackable offence IMO.
If he's only filmed him leaving and returning home, there could have been very good reason's for him to be breaking isolation rules. If he's filmed him downing pints as well, that's another matter.
Fact is he was probably taking the piss and got caught bang to rights and duly walked.

That sounds very similar to the factory rumour of the TL who recorded someone leaving their house who was off sick. Took upstairs and sacked. Heard that over 10 year ago.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the latest one is BS as well. If true the employee needs to take it to tribunal.

That sounds very similar to the factory rumour of the TL who recorded someone leaving their house who was off sick. Took upstairs and sacked. Heard that over 10 year ago.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the latest one is BS as well. If true the employee needs to take it to tribunal.

I think you'd be surprised how common it is....we've had loads of cases over the years where they've even had Private Investigators involved, although usually when the sickness is prolonged or there's doubt over it being genuine (or there's a claim involved)....people are often not as clever as they think, especially in the advent of social media.

Manufacturing is under huge pressure at the minute, and if they catch a couple of piss takers and bladder them, it may make people think twice about dropping their pals and their wage payer in the shite for a day off.

I've worked with loads of class lads and lasses on the shop floor, and all areas of manufacturing, and always like to see the best in people, but the sad fact is if you don't call out the arsehole contingent, then there's a culture that will grow very quickly.

I think you'd be surprised how common it is....we've had loads of cases over the years where they've even had Private Investigators involved, although usually when the sickness is prolonged or there's doubt over it being genuine (or there's a claim involved)....people are often not as clever as they think, especially in the advent of social media.

Manufacturing is under huge pressure at the minute, and if they catch a couple of piss takers and bladder them, it may make people think twice about dropping their pals and their wage payer in the shite for a day off.

I've worked with loads of class lads and lasses on the shop floor, and all areas of manufacturing, and always like to see the best in people, but the sad fact is if you don't call out the arsehole contingent, then there's a culture that will grow very quickly.
why would a team leader go out on some type of covert op outside of someones house.

What if the person needed to go out on an emergency that could not be prevented?

If the person has been pinged and has show his employer the evidence then he shouldn’t be in work. Regardless of what else he might or might not be doing he can’t go to work.

They love a good rumour at Nissan.

why would a team leader go out on some type of covert op outside of someones house.

What if the person needed to go out on an emergency that could not be prevented?

If the person has been pinged and has show his employer the evidence then he shouldn’t be in work. Regardless of what else he might or might not be doing he can’t go to work.

They love a good rumour at Nissan.

Agree with all of that....but if anyone thinks that people are getting the tin tack left right and centre for following the rules or govt. guidance, when there's an inherent shortage of decent skilled or trainable labour in the NE manufacturing world, then they are bonkers.

I reckon the vast majority who have been let go, have been done so with good reason in the current climate. But then that won't suit some people's anti-employer agenda.

I was isolating recently, and the Mrs (no) wouldn't let me out the spare room, never mind gan to the pub for a pint! :)

Thats exactly the problem the place is full of pisstakers with no shame ! That have come from the previous 5 yrs recruitment when they dropped the levels on the tests and employed a load of shit heads and it’s true it’s becoming a culture HR don’t help as they give them a million chances and they play the system the supervisors have no rights anymore they can hardly say fuck all incase they get in trouble.

Thats exactly the problem the place is full of pisstakers with no shame ! That have come from the previous 5 yrs recruitment when they dropped the levels on the tests and employed a load of shit heads and it’s true it’s becoming a culture HR don’t help as they give them a million chances and they play the system the supervisors have no rights anymore they can hardly say fuck all incase they get in trouble.
The way some supervisors/TLs speak to people is downright disgusting, it ain't the 80s anymore staff don't have to put up with it in Nissan plus the most people of that mentality is the folk on the old contracts the contracts from last 5 years is huge difference

Speaking to one of the lads yesterday and the guy who left, got sacked, whatever, did himself no favours over the years.
Was on his final warning and had poor sickness.
I actually got on great with him and thought he was a decent lad.
Looks like they were out to get rid of him.

Back