Nissan

How do employed adults get any kind of warnings?

Going to work is pretty simple like.

Lad at our place had a stroke. Good attendance record previously. Got a warning when he returned. Another lad had time off after his Mam died suddenly. Warning when he got back. No common sense in the disciplinary procedure.

Loads of places are like this.

Our place use their own modified version of it where they make it up as they go along.
I used to be an Atos employee and they used that.
They should be like my place and not recognize Covid as a separate issue. If you get pinged and have to self isolate then you're at the start of the disciplinary slide. It's a bit unlucky for people already on warnings as they will get another one when they come back. I suppose it's a deterrent to stop people taking the piss though.
You should get a warning for receiving a ping to isolate?

Last edited:
How do employed adults get any kind of warnings?

Going to work is pretty simple like.
That’s the problem half the youth like the money but don’t like working for it
Lad at our place had a stroke. Good attendance record previously. Got a warning when he returned. Another lad had time off after his Mam died suddenly. Warning when he got back. No common sense in the disciplinary procedure.
I had melenoma skin cancer had half me lug cut off ,when I got back my supervisor says I need to go to personnel for attendance , that was after I come back earlier than recommended because of the pressure then it got infected went black and swelled up and burst online

Last edited:
That’s the problem half the youth like the money but don’t like working for it

I had melenoma skin cancer had half me lug cut off ,when I got back my supervisor says I need to go to personnel for attendance , that was after I come back earlier than recommended because of the pressure then it got infected went black and swelled up and burst online
Ridiculous mate. Common sense should be used for any illness requiring hospital treatment rather the using some arbitrary system with no leeway.

Nissan aren’t without their faults in all of this, not letting people with symptoms go home and not sending people home when people they’ve worked with have tested positive, gaffers there as as thick as they get
Most companies putting money before staff this. One of my mates works at a place where they have to turn the NHS app off and they were going into work last year

Disgusting that like.

I appreciate you wouldn’t have wanted the stress at that point in your life but you have a serious case of constructive dismissal there.
He was disputing when I rang in man,saying you have had it cut off now get yourself back in ! just couldn’t get it that if it’s cut off that’s not just it ,mental I never spoke to him again and he’s someone who’s wife had breast cancer thought he would know better! the actual worst part was not the surgery and that it was waiting for the results

Last edited:
He was disputing when I rang in man,saying you have had it cut off now get yourself back in ! just couldn’t get it that if it’s cut off that’s not just it ,mental I never spoke to him again and he’s someone who’s wife had breast cancer thought he would know better! the actual worst part was not the surgery and that it was waiting for the results
Little Hitlers at work aren't worth pissing on if they were on fire. I know not everyone is in a position to do so, but if I had that kind of crap going on, I'd be straight out the door and looking for a new job.

Of course it was mate.

Don't know how you didn't deck him.

I heard a rumour that 17 people were sacked early last week for it.
I heard that a T/L was told about someone on his shift was supposed to be isolating but had been seen going to the pub, so he went and sat near his house and caught him on camera.
When he came back to work he was taken upstairs and shown the pics.
Gone

Back