Nissan

I could do with the extra money. I don't mind doing my own Saturday but finishing at 11pm and starting at 7am with the other shift doesn't appeal.
Nah - feck that marra.
You've got to have a good work/life balance - and only having 8 hours off between knocking off and starting a new shift ( just for the extra money that the taxman will get) certainly wouldn't be high on my priorities.
You said (jokingly) that you were an old man ;) - but there's more to life than grafting extra at the weekend.

I was at Amec on the Tyne in the early 2000's - and the greed shown by a lot of the snakes in there for the weekend overtime was mind boggling.
I never did it - I was in my early 40's at the time - and thought "fuck-it" - there's more to this. Still did the weekday overtime, but weekends were sacrosanct.

I'm an old man marra, wouldnt want to take the opportunity away from the young uns. Plus I like a few cans after a Friday lateshift. :lol:
Suggested it to the youngun today and surprisingly she's up for sat after lates. Might have something to do with an insurance renewal and 2 barely legal tyres on the audi 🤣🤣🤣

Suggested it to the youngun today and surprisingly she's up for sat after lates. Might have something to do with an insurance renewal and 2 barely legal tyres on the audi 🤣🤣🤣
She would have to work with us lazy fuckers who have been sunning ourselves for weeks while they do all the graft though. We would have her doing two stations at once.

She would have to work with us lazy fuckers who have been sunning ourselves for weeks while they do all the graft though. We would have her doing two stations at once.
Nice one, I've worked overtime all week, even went in 30 minutes early on Tuesday, rather odd as we were stopped way more than that but I don't get the big bucks for making decisions like that. :lol:

Not for those of us who are working everyday of it
I know I do feel sorry for maintenance and the likes who work through but tbf it takes 8 of them to get a coffe out the vendors lol
How come 4 weeks? Been furloughed again ?
B shift are doing what A shift have done when we come back so they can learn qashqai which I find silly considering most of B shift have been working for line 1 who build more qashqai probably know the car better than A Shift

Last edited:
I know I do feel sorry for maintenance and the likes who work through but tbf it takes 8 of them to get a coffe out the vendors lol

B shift are doing what A shift have done when we come back so they can learn qashqai which I find silly considering most of B shift have been working for line 1 who build more qashqai probably know the car better than A Shift
Terrifyingly true like :lol: :lol:

Whew I dint even drink coffee!!!!
Don't do enough graft to warrant the extra caffeine in my system 🤣

Back