Nissan Night Shift

Working 3 shift patterns is terrible for people's mental and physical health long-term, which should be priority over money. Absolutely no problem with this, as long as people don't lose their jobs and are just going on to a 2 shift pattern.

Health is far more important than an extra few quid.

Oh I dunno, maybe signing a trade deal with Japan that reduces tarriffs on Japanese cars to 0 over the next 5 years
So you want the EU to protect us from global economics?

You think Britain has a fine history of trading for the benefit of all involved? Johnsom has mooted reducing all our tariffs post Brexit, is that ok for us to do but not thr EU?

You're in for a shock mind after Brexit if powerful economic nations doing things not in Britain's favour is a concern of yours

This is what it looks like for Britain to go it alone in 2019

Last edited:
Be disaster for local area if they ever Upped sticks , hopefully just a temporary strategy
Working 3 shift patterns is terrible for people's mental and physical health long-term, which should be priority over money. Absolutely no problem with this, as long as people don't lose their jobs and are just going on to a 2 shift pattern.

Health is far more important than an extra few quid.
Think everyone knows shift work must have a negative impact on your wellbeing , that isn’t the issue here though

Last edited:
One you've chosen to put us on the outside of.
Yep the glorious EU fucked over the workers of Sunderland at Nissan.

I wonder if any of the remainers will blame them for it?

My guess is they'll just keep screaming Brexit :neutral:
So you want the EU to protect us from global economics?

You think Britain has a fine history of trading for the benefit of all involved?

You're in for a shock mind after Brexit if powerful economic nations doing things not in Britain's favour is a concern of yours

This is what it looks like for Britain to go it alone in 2019
Nothing to do with that so lets stop the bullshitting there.

People are blaming Brexit when it's squarely the fault of the EU why this is happening. Accept it.

Last edited:

People are blaming Brexit when it's squarely the fault of the EU why this is happening. Accept it.
I've not blamed Brexit. I asked you some straight forward questions which you dont seem to be able to answer.

Again- what's the problem with the EU looking after it's own interests mate? Why can we do that but they cant?

Most of the workers at Nissan voted to make the EU competitors, so what's the problem?

Last edited:
Be disaster for local area if they ever Upped sticks , hopefully just a temporary strategy

Think everyone knows shift work must have a negative impact on your wellbeing , that isn’t the issue here though

A little presumptive. I'm not convinced everyone knows shift work is bad for them, or exactly how bad for them it is. I never mentioned that this was the issue, I stated that I have no problem with it and my reason why.

3 shift patterns are horrendous for your health, and for a few extra quid. Problem is there are many people who don't have the luxury of choice and are stuck with such working patterns and forced overtime with no viable way out. Could be a blessing in disguise for a lot of people, although like I say, hopefully this doesn't end up with job losses.

regardless of a Japan-EU deal the Sunderland plant is held in high regard.. maybe the trade deal weakens it slightly.. and no UK-EU trade deal post-Brexit weakens it even further.
The No EU UK trade deal weakens everything that trades along those lines, no doubt whatsoever.

But Japanese car manufacturers lobbied for this for 10 years for a reason.

They aren't going to finally get it then continue as usual. They obviously want to reduce operations in Europe to import cars from Japan.

Some people prefer nights as it fits in with there home life, child care etc
As well as more money of course.
Ive worked shifts for 30 years now, never had a sick day yet, so for me personally it’s been ok.
Seen all the stats and numbers before many times, it’s a choice people make.

Last edited:
The EU signs a deal removing tarriffs from cars coming in from Japan

and nearly every remainer is crying Brexit.

Get your heads out of the sand!

It's like a f***ing cult :lol:

"MUST NOT BLAME EU.... NO MATTER WHAT..... IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!" 🇪🇺😍

Tbf the EU has a free trade deal with Korea yet they service their European customers from European factories, suzuki are Japanese and they're expanding in Europe aswell.

I've not blamed Brexit. I asked you some straight forward questions which you dont seem to be able to answer.

Again- what's the problem with the EU looking after it's own interests mate? Why can we do that but they cant?

Most of the workers at Nissan voted to make the EU competitors, so what's the problem?
The EU can look after its own interests all it wants.

Not that it mattered, this was negotiated when we were still in the EU

We are/we're part of the EU. People like you want to take us out. You can't keep telling us that the EU have killed Nissan. You think that Nissan would carry on outside of the EU even without a Japan-EU trade deal?

It wouldn't.

Tbf the EU has a free trade deal with Korea yet they service their European customers from European factories, suzuki are Japanese and they're expanding in Europe aswell.
Did that specifically involve cars? I dunno.

Either way it doesn't matter the point still stands. Theres no way they'd sign up to this to not take advantage of it.
We are/we're part of the EU. People like you want to take us out. You can't keep telling us that the EU have killed Nissan. You think that Nissan would carry on outside of the EU even without a Japan-EU trade deal?

It wouldn't.
We'll never get to find out, the EU has seen to that.

Back