Nissan Night Shift

be coming up to the end of the Qashqai cycle now. Hopefully the next one sells well but all it takes is the designers to miss the mark like they did with the Note and it’s curtains.

It wasn’t the design it was the market they stuck it in and the price.
They even admitted they got it wrong, I’m surprised the night shift has lasted this long to be honest.

Indirectly perhaps, but when they’ve said they want to get rid of 12,500 jobs in the next 2-3 years then they aren’t going to be looking at a site where there could be an additional 10% tariff on every car it makes and thinking “yeah let’s keep that one.”

I’ve said all along they won’t just close up one day and say “thanks for everything”. It’ll be a slow painful process of death by a thousand cuts. New cars won’t be built there, shifts are being cut back etc etc etc until eventually there’s so little left that the place will close.
That’s exactly how it’ll go. If the next Qashqai after the 2020 one isn’t awarded to Sunderland then there’s a good indicator signalling the beginning of the end.

I don’t mind working nights it gives you loads of time to yourself, getting back into a sleep pattern now that’s an issue.

That's the problem mate, not a lot of people (including myself) mind them, but they're no good for your long-term health. Should always have a week off to get yourself over night shift imo, but to be honest, they just shouldn't exist unless completely necessary e.g emergency services.

The EU signs a deal removing tarriffs from cars coming in from Japan

and nearly every remainer is crying Brexit.

Get your heads out of the sand!

It's like a f***ing cult :lol:

"MUST NOT BLAME EU.... NO MATTER WHAT..... IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!" 🇪🇺😍
Blame the EU for what?

It's well established by Leavers that anything to do with the downturn of the automotive industry in the UK has nothing to do with politics

Last edited:
That's the problem mate, not a lot of people (including myself) mind them, but they're no good for your long-term health. Should always have a week off to get yourself over night shift imo, but to be honest, they just shouldn't exist unless completely necessary e.g emergency services.

Working on a production line isn’t great for your health as well but I don’t mind that either.

Back