Nissan closing Barcelona Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

There will be people on this very board who are gutted it isn't the Sunderland plant
You know the ones who will be missing on this thread.great news for the UK and the sunderland plant.
Reading the article, dies that mean they are going to be building Renault's in the UK?
They build the engines at sunderland iirc. Renault diesel engines are fitted to many nissans.

Last edited:
You know the ones who will be missing on this thread.great news for the UK and the sunderland plant.

They build the engines at sunderland iirc. Renault diesel engines are fitted to many nissans.

It's excellent news if it's true, there's far too much free capacity so it does make sense but how reliable is the source?

It's excellent news if it's true, there's far too much free capacity so it does make sense but how reliable is the source?
That news source has a good reputation for factual reporting.

• Overall, we rate the Nikkei Asian Review Right-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the right and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.

Nissan is in talks to shift production of two Renault models from Spain to its Sunderland plant, securing thousands of British manufacturing jobs and signalling the Japanese carmaker’s long-term commitment to the UK’s largest car factory. The Japanese and French groups are discussing moving production of the Renault Kadjar and Captur models as part of a global overhaul of operations to be announced this month, according to two people familiar with the talks. The future of Sunderland had been thrown into doubt following Britain's vote to leave the EU, with Nissan warning that tariffs with Europe would put the model of exporting from the UK “in jeopardy”. The Japanese carmaker is preparing to cut a fifth of its global production capacity and reshuffle its manufacturing operations to stem a profit drain that has been accelerated by the coronavirus crisis, according to three people familiar with the matter. Nissan and Renault declined to comment.

Last edited:
That was used as an example marra.. I would not go to Italy, Greece ,France etc Egypt and the middle and far east are just as prepared as Spain to take your money if your daft enough to go.
Bottom line mate is no body should be going anywhere overseas...I've worked abroad most of my late career and there not a cat in hell chance now of getting me on a aircraft or ship for at least two years...
Some of us will have too. I haven't seen my 7 year old daughter since February.

Nissan specifically said they would relocate to the UK instead of the EU if tariffs were imposed, so I'm wondering where you actually read it.
The Remoaners on here never stopped goading people on here about Nissan leaving due to Brexit. Another Remain lie/threat that got out of control.

Its the van section of Nissan they are closing because they don't sell enough in Europe. that's a decent business decision.
I was joking mate. A MATE was one of the buyers there for a while. It was the Barthalona instead of Barthelona.
"Despite Brexit"
Get sick of hearing that as well
Yes but I'm privy to what has happened and what is happening. I don't really care if you are sick of hearing it. It's a fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back