Nissan closing Barcelona Factory

Lost their way Nissan man they need to go back to what they are good at , making little cheap affordable reliable cars instead of getting to big for their boots and trying to compete with bmw and Mercedes making stupid infinity’s and that

Lost their way Nissan man they need to go back to what they are good at , making little cheap affordable reliable cars instead of getting to big for their boots and trying to compete with bmw and Mercedes making stupid infinity’s and that
The Infiniti line has stopped a while agao

Cheap affordable cars don’t generate enough profit unless you build them somewhere where the labour costs are a lot cheaper.
Maybes they should do that, oh hang on a minute.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the range, Infinity has now gone I believe. The QQ is a very good seller, I think what they lack is just being a little behind and not progressing fast enough as some competitors, for example rolling out a Hybrid, although I believe that is due this year.

Cheap affordable cars don’t generate enough profit unless you build them somewhere where the labour costs are a lot cheaper.
Maybes they should do that, oh hang on a minute.
They do if you make enough and sell them they are getting greedy that’s the downfall
The Infiniti line has stopped a while agao
Yes I know that I work there but to me it was some kind of vanity project when we should of been developing a hybrid that’s lost time we are now trying to make up, not one person on that line believe that infinity was going to sell why did the bosses ???

Last edited:
They do if you make enough and sell them they are getting greedy that’s the downfall

Yes I know that I work there but to me it was some kind of vanity project when we should of been developing a hybrid that’s lost time we are now trying to make up, not one person on that line believe that infinity was going to sell why did the bosses ???
Same reason the bosses went big on diesels, an error

The new Juke is the same platform as the Renault Captur so it would take relatively few changes to line 2 to be able to build it. Also the next generation Qashqai and next generation Kadjar share the same platform.

Last edited:
I really hope that this comes to reality as a couple of years ago their was a thread on the politics forum that rumbled on for weeks about turkeys voting for xmas and trying to denigrate the workers at nmuk for voting yes to brexit etc,etc, etc. They just shouted down everybody who disagreed with their views, am sure muffin man and whd were the ringleaders. anyway regardless of the vote most of the accusations of turkey’s voting for xmas was f***ing bullshit,as in my 32 years there,most of the squads I was in lived outside of sunderland.
There was definitely an undercurrent of gloating by the usual mob at the thought of the Sunderland plant closing. Anybody who put a different view, as you say was shouted down Let's hope this news shuts them and their false rhetoric up. I doubt it will though.

There was definitely an undercurrent of gloating by the usual mob at the thought of the Sunderland plant closing. Anybody who put a different view, as you say was shouted down Let's hope this news shuts them and their false rhetoric up. I doubt it will though.
Have a look at the original post on the " Is Nissan about to reverse out of the UK" thread over on the politics board. It got conveniently bumped recently.

The lefties are just so predictable. It's almost scripted. Its no challenge.

The new Juke is the same platform as the Renault Captur so it would take relatively few changes to line 2 to be able to build it. Also the next generation Qashqai and next generation Kadjar share the same platform.

A lot of car manufacturers share lines these days - I beleive when ford scaled down the german plants they moved a lot of it to the VW site in SK. Theres a small site just outside Prague that knocks out Toyota Aygos', Citroen C1's and Peugeot 107's and 108s as they are all similar

Back