Nissan closing Barcelona Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

But I read on here that the UK site was first for the chop. Have Nissan forgotten Barcelona is in the fortress EU?
There will be more to come for the AXE across all sorts of companies but The Sunderland Factory is the most Efficient not just in the EU but globally should survive in some form..

Sounds like it's commercial vehicles they build out there
Only model that ever really worked for them there was the old Patrol, that was due the Guardia Civil using it as their main vehicle. Writing was on the wall for a while, the Independance for Catalunya movement was a shock for a lot of multi-nationals over the border although that is on the back burner for the moment.
Article from February and they were sure it wouldn't close.

Great news for Sunderland if spain is only plant getting the chop
Will have to see how the other deckchairs are being arranged on the good ship Nissan as time goes on

Interesting article. There was a briefing on the employee Nissan insider app from the CEO a few weeks back saying they were looking at how best to utilise the company’s capacity which was 2 million units above what was needed before the current crisis. Apparently there’s meant to be an announcement about restructuring worldwide on the 28th May. It’s pure speculation on my part but I have heard a few things that longer term could tie in with us building Renaults .

We don't need cars now. I'm using a bike for work now and clocking up over 300 miles a day.
I SORNED my car in December and go everywhere on a bike.
I think that'd be a tough tax. Imagine a £100 levy per person on anyone from the UK holidaying in Spain.
The Greek islands and Turkey would be rammed.
Bear in mind, going back around 18 months there was news that loads of Greek and Turkish hotels were right on the bones of their arses. A complete missed summer season will see them fucked - summer holidays around the Med are going to become the province of the rich again.
It will be tougher for the Spanish marra. I think you'll find Tunisia and down that way will be the benefit. Anyway, who wants to go to Spain this year with you being quarantined for 14 days, no hotel restaurants or pools open?
I have .worked in North Africa and there is no f***ing way I would take my family there.

Last edited:
I SORNED my car in December and go everywhere on a bike.

Bear in mind, going back around 18 months there was news that loads of Greek and Turkish hotels were right on the bones of their arses. A complete missed summer season will see them fucked - summer holidays around the Med are going to become the province of the rich again.

I have .worked in North Africa and there is no f***ing way I would take my family there.
That was used as an example marra.. I would not go to Italy, Greece ,France etc Egypt and the middle and far east are just as prepared as Spain to take your money if your daft enough to go.
Bottom line mate is no body should be going anywhere overseas...I've worked abroad most of my late career and there not a cat in hell chance now of getting me on a aircraft or ship for at least two years...

Mrs Dreadnought has just said Radio 5 has reported that the Financial Times has reported more work coming to Nissan here in Sunderland. I could only find this headline on their site (a subscription is needed to read full story):

Nissan in talks to build Renault models at Sunderland plant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back