nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo can shove the Switch up their arse. They could have at least made it backward compatible with Wii U and 3DS games, considering the money some of us shelled out with their inflated prices.
A disc wouldn't work well on a mobile device with motion controls so WiiU is out.

Why would they make it compatible with the 3ds? The could have, I guess, with a second slot. Don't see a good reason for them to be expected to tbh.

Their current trick seems to be to charge top dollar for games that have been out on other consoles for years, e.g. Diablo 3: Switch £42, PS4: £16. They can fuck right off with that.
They're all it these days, I have shit load of remasters for the PS4 for games I could have bought for coppers on the PS3 at this point.

Given the low number of units they shifted for the WiiU I don't really begrudge them it, I'm not buying many of those games though.

The cartridges do cost more than a disc to manufacture, nowhere near the difference in price though.

A disc wouldn't work well on a mobile device with motion controls so WiiU is out.

Why would they make it compatible with the 3ds? The could have, I guess, with a second slot. Don't see a good reason for them to be expected to

A Switch has a dock with USB ports, the former shouldn't be insurmountable. You can play Wii U games from a USB stick with a hack. There's also the games you might have downloaded from the Nintendo store that can't be transferred across.

The DS had a Gameboy slot.

Anything is possible with USB and memory cards, but Nintendo just want you to put your hand in your pocket.

A Switch has a dock with USB ports, the former shouldn't be insurmountable. You can play Wii U games from a USB stick with a hack.

Do that then. :lol:
There's also the games you might have downloaded from the Nintendo store that can't be transferred across.

I happen to agree with you here and think that where digital games are purchasable for both systems they should be attached to your account and transferable (e.g. I bought mario 3 on the Wii store, why can't that licence be used on the WiiU and/or switch?), it will happen sooner or later imo.

Sony do (or did) the same, I've bought PS1 games for both the PS3 and 4.
The first version had a Gameboy advance slot, from what I remember it didnt work with Gameboy and gameboy colour games.

The DSi and 3ds models never had them as far as I can remember (happy to be proven wrong here, between me and the bairn we've had about 7 of the sods).

Personally I think you're essentially being like my mam in the 90s parent complaining the N64 didn't have a SNES slot. ;)
Anything is possible with USB and memory cards, but Nintendo just want you to put your hand in your pocket.
It is possible, don't think Nintendo should be expected to give you the tools to copy games from their discs onto a memory card though, you've already mentioned piracy.

If the WiiU had sold a fuck ton of units there may have been demand to justify releasing a WiiU disc drive peripheral. It would probably have had the range of the WiiU tablet and have people moaning when the games didn't work after they undocked the system and left the house though.

Actually you'd need a sensor bar and Wiimotes still for that to work right with a lot of games wouldn't you?

Just bought one of these for my daughter for Christmas, got mario kart deluxe 8 with it. Can I get steering wheels for them? She loved the arcade one when we were away which was one of the main reasons for me getting her one, looking at getting her just dance 2019 and Pokemon let’s go pikachu aswell. Is the 32gb memory big enough or is it worth getting more memory for it?

Nintendo can shove the Switch up their arse. They could have at least made it backward compatible with Wii U and 3DS games, considering the money some of us shelled out with their inflated prices.

Their current trick seems to be to charge top dollar for games that have been out on other consoles for years, e.g. Diablo 3: Switch £42, PS4: £16. They can fuck right off with that.

buy your games for other regions :lol::lol:

just bought lego city as trial, got 10 $ from play asia entered into usa account and download, £7 in usa £50 in uk store :eek::eek:

people list bargains on hotukdeals

USA switch eshop deals. south park stick of truth £11.70 lego city/ worlds £7.02 lego dc villians £23.40, snipperclips £7.80 & a few others - hotukdeals

easy to do, just need paypal, codes esent asap

Nintendo Switch US Tax Free Zip Code for Nintendo eShop

Just bought one of these for my daughter for Christmas, got mario kart deluxe 8 with it. Can I get steering wheels for them? She loved the arcade one when we were away which was one of the main reasons for me getting her one, looking at getting her just dance 2019 and Pokemon let’s go pikachu aswell. Is the 32gb memory big enough or is it worth getting more memory for it?

Get a bigger card! They're peanuts nowadays. 128gb imo.

Son (11) has asked for a Nintendo Switch - for the experts on this thread what would you recommend as a bundle to get him.

He has access to Xbox one already.

Thanks

Nintendo Switch Steering Wheel Controller, niceEshop(TM) Joy-Con Wheel for Nintendo Switch(2 Pack), Blue and Red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0719H6VB6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8u-aCbSKZREKN

Get more memory, I would get 128gb to start

Son (11) has asked for a Nintendo Switch - for the experts on this thread what would you recommend as a bundle to get him.

He has access to Xbox one already.

Thanks

Same here.

I got him the switch on it’s own from amazon for a canny price.

I’ve bought a carry kit thing which comes with accessories and screen protectors I think.

What’s the craic with memory ?

Also, he’s 8, I love Zelda but wondering if he will ? Is it ok for a young’un ?

You don't really need more memory unless your buying games digitally. Then it will actually eat your memory space otherwise if you're solely use Cartridges you'll be fine.

Nintendo creaming themselves with the announcement Smash has more than 4.2 million preorders for Friday.

It's crazy how the game was made for the N64 as a daft side project just having Mario fight Pikachu and it's turned into this.

A Switch has a dock with USB ports, the former shouldn't be insurmountable. You can play Wii U games from a USB stick with a hack. There's also the games you might have downloaded from the Nintendo store that can't be transferred across.

Do you think the same about Sony or microsoft making ypu buy a NEW console, then remasterimg games from the last gen? Few people bothered with the wii u and the Switch has sold a hell of a lot more units so why not release beefed up versions of some really great games??

Smash Brothers on the way to mine, better arrive tomorrow or they're will be hell on.

Spending tonight on Twitch watching it in the meantime!

Game runs so smooth. 120,000 viewers on Twitch too.

The skill gap is insane, you have players who have played since the N64 version non stop on 1 end of the chain and on the other you have people picking the game up for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back