nintendo Switch

Game runs so smooth. 120,000 viewers on Twitch too.

The skill gap is insane, you have players who have played since the N64 version non stop on 1 end of the chain and on the other you have people picking the game up for the first time.
Nowt new. The skill gap is insane in loads of games.

Nowt new. The skill gap is insane in loads of games.

Smash Brothers 64 was released in 1999. The game hasn't changed since other than new characters, there's people out there who have played the game for almost 20 years. Only Counter Strike comes close to that (released in 2000) otherwise there's only Warcraft and Starcraft.

Super Smash Brothers is awesome like. Playing the World of Light mode and really enjoying unlocking the characters

Really having trouble memorising every characters skill moves!

For online mode I've stuck with the Mii Sword wielder. Love the added reach they get over the Boxer/GunSlinger and it's easy to remember their skillset as... you created them yourselves :D

Same, got the bairn it for Xmas as she's well hyped for it. I couldn't give a fuck about beat em ups.

It's not like Tekken or owt like that. It's so fast paced and the skill ceiling is so high you just get instantly addicted to it and the Main mode Online is 1 v 1 v 1 v 1

It's got the same review scores as Red Dead Redemption 2 but Online atm is where it's letting itself down a bit at the moment, the sheer volume of people playing the servers are struggling and you pretty much never get a game on the settings you want it - IE. 4 player on a large map with no items is regarded 'standard' but it'll often give you other settings. 4 player on a small map with items enabled just can be swayed by a lucky item drop which takes any form of skill away.

Last edited:
Does Super Smash Bros have the same feature as the GameCube version where you spent points in a gumball type machine to collect trophies? I’m probably describing it wrong, but I loved collecting them on the GameCube version.

Does Super Smash Bros have the same feature as the GameCube version where you spent points in a gumball type machine to collect trophies? I’m probably describing it wrong, but I loved collecting them on the GameCube version.

Spirits/Spirit board?

I haven't played it since the N64 version so I can't relate to it!

I remember that.

Was it the game cube with the plat former, or was that the wii?

I remember that.

Was it the game cube with the plat former, or was that the wii?
GameCube. I just remembered enjoying trying to get them all eventually I was at the point where I only needed 3 trophies and the chance of getting them on the coin lottery was 0.1%! When you first start it’s like 99.8% and keeps going down. I got them all in the end. I was hoping this mini game was on Switch.

Our lass bought me Mario Party. I've never had or played a Mario Party before but it's great fun for couch competition.

She isn't into games at all but she's very capable of playing it and we've had a couple of games together which have been a lot of fun.

Strongly recommend it for anyone who fancies playing with the family.

Back