Nightingale Hospital London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate. It's a great technical achievement, and there are plans to build more in Manchester, Birmingham and the North East (apparently somewhere off the A19?)

But the NHS still needs more staff, more PPE, more respirators.

They explained the staffing, one ITU nurse to 6 beds, usually one, with returning staff and volunteers making up the numbers.

The PPE and ventillators are on the way, probably before the first patient, have faith.

Last edited:

They explained the staffing, one ITU nurse to 6 beds, usually one, with returning staff and volunteers making up the numbers.

The PPE and ventillators are on the way probably before the first patient, have faith.

There are currently no returning staff or volunteers available to be deployed due to delays at NHSE/DH.

Procurement problems aren't getting better, they are getting worse.

NHS staff and the Army are doing a fantastic job. But Ministers and senior leaders are letting them down. Tonight alone I have heard tales of chaos from the North East and the North West. Cumbria in particular has an ususual spike to cases with already stretched healthcare services

Faith isn't going to fix that

There are currently no returning staff or volunteers available to be deployed due to delays at NHSE/DH.

Procurement problems aren't getting better, they are getting worse.

NHS staff and the Army are doing a fantastic job. But Ministers and senior leaders are letting them down. Tonight alone I have heard tales of chaos from the North East and the North West. Cumbria in particular has an ususual spike to cases with already stretched healthcare services

Faith isn't going to fix that

The hospital is not needed yet, have faith that the government will have it ready when it is.

Last edited:
1,000 more hospitalised covid-19 patients a day in UK so the nightingale pretty much covers 4-5 days of an increase. While it's fantastic and huge we need the equivalent of 3-4 of them to cope with the next few weeks.

1,000 more hospitalised covid-19 patients a day in UK so the nightingale pretty much covers 4-5 days of an increase. While it's fantastic and huge we need the equivalent of 3-4 of them to cope with the next few weeks.
Have to remember that many will be discharged in a number of days too

It's a great achievement. The big problem is that we don't have extra Doctors to work in it. It's the same staff working over an extra site

The NHS has been promised 10,000+ returners, and 500,000+ volunteers, but sadly the Government don't have a process to process and allocate those staff to actual services

Meanwhile there are 1000s of refugee and asylum seeker Doctors in the UK who would love to work for the NHS, but a decade of crass ani-immigrant policies have made it incredibly slow to get these staff on the wards

Still no urgency from Ministers or senior managers.
They're also making it hard for those already in the NHS. I think those working in public services would be exempt.

and who is going to fix that?

HMG/DH/NHSE&I should do, plus the ALBs and the companies responsible for the procurement contract should be fixing it

But 10 years of underfunding, some bad restucturing and the Lansley Act have left the NHS in a mess.

I hope that this doesn't undermine the work of frontline staff too much, but we are much more vulnerable than we should be.

I still think that the NE has a chance to pull through this if we are disciplined about social distancing and we can keep our healthcare staff healthy.

I am incredbily worried right now about North Cumbria.
They're also making it hard for those already in the NHS. I think those working in public services would be exempt.

What an utter disgrace. This is 10 years of crass rhetoric and crap policy coming back to bite us

HMG/DH/NHSE&I should do, plus the ALBs and the companies responsible for the procurement contract should be fixing it

But 10 years of underfunding, some bad restucturing and the Lansley Act have left the NHS in a mess.

I hope that this doesn't undermine the work of frontline staff too much, but we are much more vulnerable than we should be.

I still think that the NE has a chance to pull through this if we are disciplined about social distancing and we can keep our healthcare staff healthy.

I am incredbily worried right now about North Cumbria.

What an utter disgrace. This is 10 years of crass rhetoric and crap policy coming back to bite us

problem is they still aren’t testing frontline staff up here, and are losing staff to symptoms. Add to that the PPE mess and the mental side of coping with what they're seeing day to day, i’m concerned about those i know working on the frontline up here.

doing a fantastic job, but the government aren’t helping

problem is they still aren’t testing frontline staff up here, and are losing staff to symptoms. Add to that the PPE mess and the mental side of coping with what they're seeing day to day, i’m concerned about those i know working on the frontline up here.

doing a fantastic job, but the government aren’t helping

Spot on. We should be doing all we can to protect our front line staff and we aren't.

I'm very worried about places like North Cumbria - they struggle to maintain a safe rota at the best of times - if they lose a small number of key staff they could fall over completely

Sorry mate. It's a great technical achievement, and there are plans to build more in Manchester, Birmingham and the North East (apparently somewhere off the A19?)

But the NHS still needs more staff, more PPE, more respirators.

I’ve heard Temple Park in South Shields is being prepped.

Not sure if it’s a morgue or field hospital.

When you see what we can achieve it makes you wonder why we don’t do more in normal times. I’m sure our politicians are doing their best - we already know they aren’t a brilliant bunch and it’s unreasonable to expect them to be more competent just because there’s a crisis. They’re what we have and we have no alternative but to trust them and those they are relying on for advice. The NHS regularly does a good job and is currently doing an amazing job. The civil servants, army personnel and others who no doubt did most of the organising for this hospital deserve a lot of credit and let’s hope our government appreciates their efforts and remembers them after this is over.

Close enough to the crematorium in fairness.

I imagine if we get a field hospital it’ll be Newcastle. Or possibly Leeds.

I'd heard all kinds of odd sites mentioned, the arena in Newcastle is probably favourite, but there is apparently a site just off the A19 south of sunderland, that I couldn't quite work out where?

Have to remember that many will be discharged in a number of days too
nephew was taken in on Friday and sent home yesterday, weak as fuck, unable to walk but no longer in danger thankfully. Bloke who treat him was interviewed on C4 news last night
I'd heard all kinds of odd sites mentioned, the arena in Newcastle is probably favourite, but there is apparently a site just off the A19 south of sunderland, that I couldn't quite work out where?
I'd heard the arena as well

I live in that area. Only place we can think of would be the new industrial estate behind Dalton Park.

I don't know how far building work progressed before the some/all of the venture was put on hold following Brexit

I think @AB22 Easy Tiger knows someone involved with the estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back