NHS provokes fury with indefinite surgery ban for smokers and obese

Status
Not open for further replies.

The NHS is just becoming a safety net for too many people to excuse themselves for living like slobs and take no responsibility for their own well-being in fairness.

Lots of people take a huge slice of self-entitlement from it too. I've got an elderly relative who is always at the quacks for any little sniffle, her excuse is that she's paid into it all her life so she's entitled to turn up for any little ailment. Never sees the bigger picture of creating a legacy that'll be handed down to future generations (including her own offspring).
There'd be a different attitude if at the end of your visit, they said "here's your bill"
People would be keen to make sure they never have to visit A&E unless it's absolutely essential.
You'd never get the fuckers calling out an ambulance 20 times a night, if they knew they'd have to pay for it

There'd be a different attitude if at the end of your visit, they said "here's your bill"
People would be keen to make sure they never have to visit A&E unless it's absolutely essential.
You'd never get the fuckers calling out an ambulance 20 times a night, if they knew they'd have to pay for it
Maybe we could follow the lead of some EU countries who print the price of the drug on the label so people know how much they cost.

Might get peeved at how cheap antibiotics are but maybe not complain when they find out what £8.60 gets you for other drugs

Maybe we could follow the lead of some EU countries who print the price of the drug on the label so people know how much they cost.

Might get peeved at how cheap antibiotics are but maybe not complain when they find out what £8.60 gets you for other drugs
We already pay for prescriptions anyway.

Of course not, but I doubt it's changed that much.

Do you have any data to back that up, or is it just a gut feeling?

A quick Google reveals 16.5% of the retail price plus £4.16 on a packet of 20 then 20% vat

So if that works out at 82% then a tab will return 40 odd pence to the treasury on premium brands.

The NHS is a bloody mess under the tories. Just getting to see a consultant is a feat in itself. I had an incident getting out of my car in May this year. I was half in, half out when an Audi 4x4 pulled into the next space, I had to pull my door to my chest otherwise it would have been removed, the driver hadn’t slowed and was wat too close. I was sore but ok at the time deteriorated over the next couple of days, I couldn’t even crawl by then. Ended up in hospital where I had an xray. They said no broken bones, just soft tissue damage. I went home with a crutch and painkillers. Started exercise after a couple of weeks and found a lump in a sensitive place that only men have. Scan showed a cyst, nowt to worry about. Routine blood test revesled my blood alkalines were high indicating a broken bone. More xrays and deep bone scan showed a broken pelvis that hasn’t set right. No treatment till I see a consultant, latest appointment, after cancellations 29th December, this year I hope. That will be seven months with a fractured pelvis and no treatment, three month delay due to being missed on first xray. What state will the break be by then? Not overweight and gym four days a week, still doing the exercise but with extreme caution and bare minimum.

Last edited:
So does that mean ne more abortions for buers who love to buck bareback and ne more treatments for riddled gits who also love to buck bareback

A quick Google reveals 16.5% of the retail price plus £4.16 on a packet of 20 then 20% vat

So if that works out at 82% then a tab will return 40 odd pence to the treasury on premium brands.
I meant the "every cigarette smoked will earn the tax payer a shit load more than it costs them." part

If I want to. Not because you told me to, Mr sarky

Do you want graphs, and pie charts? :lol:
Hey Steve, if he cannot be bothered to click a link and read an article then graphs and pie charts won't help.

Can you feel an ignore coming on?

You clearly didnt read. The cost of the prescription is £8.60. That doesnt mean that is the cost of the drug to buy. and people may not waste as much if they knew the true cost to the NHS for drugs

I'm on a pre-pay certificate costing me £10.40 a month.

The regular tablets I take cost just over £100 a month. Cracking value for money.

Part of your tax contribution is your health insurance isn't it?

So you pay increased tax on your cigarettes,
Tax on your excess food,
Tax on your income,

Then refused the medical help you might need that you've paid most of your life for??

If I was overweight or a smoker I wouldn't be too happy.

How long till we see an opt in/out nhs system under the Tories I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back