NHS budgeting idea

Boils down to education really.

Yeah we were taught about health in school but it was never really pushed like say, f***ing Pythagorus Theorem.

School should be about teaching a basic l
evel of Maths, English and Science and then a very good level of life knowledge: how taxes work, how government and democracy works. Healthly eating and how smoking/drinking/drugs affect you.

No saying this and this is bad just plain facts.

Then make it compulsory to attend 6th form college and you have the choice to brush up on whatever subject you like.

Problem Is 'we' don't really want people living healthily and longer, costs more to support them doesn't it.

Another massive saving would be from less people claiming DLA. My brother (alcoholic) and my sister (obese) have had this benefit for years. In addition my brother gets a free home help.

This is all about personal responsibility.

Here is my proposal.

Every working adult will have a set amount, say £40 per month taken from their wage at source. Every year on the 1st of December everyone’s medical records will be examined and any treatment that has been administered for self-inflicted illness will be costed against said contributions.

Any ailments resulting from over eating, alcoholism, smoking and other destructive drugs will be charged from your account. If, however, none of your treatments are related to the aforementioned categories, a full rebate plus associated interest will be forthcoming...£500 would make a decent Xmas I think.

It would also be useful to install a worldometer type database to show daily deaths, amputations from obesity etc.

Carrot and stick can work well together.
Somebody take his drugs off him.

Boils down to education really.

Yeah we were taught about health in school but it was never really pushed like say, f***ing Pythagorus Theorem.

School should be about teaching a basic l
evel of Maths, English and Science and then a very good level of life knowledge: how taxes work, how government and democracy works. Healthly eating and how smoking/drinking/drugs affect you.

No saying this and this is bad just plain facts.

Then make it compulsory to attend 6th form college and you have the choice to brush up on whatever subject you like.

Problem Is 'we' don't really want people living healthily and longer, costs more to support them doesn't it.
I agree...taught from young. Too late once they are addcted.
I think the seed fell on stony ground
One forum s not the worlds backyard.
That's a first😁
That's almost a compliment 👍
Somebody take his drugs off him.
My drug is life itself mate.
I've never heard of anyone pre planning getting ill from smoking.
So nobody knows the dangers? It's there in gruesome detail on every packet.

There is not a picture of an RTA on the side of a bus.

Last edited:
Hasn’t this fucker been arguing on the Covid board against passports as too much government intrusion?
Don't mind the OP as he seems an intelligent chap, save this disaster of a thread. He has attracted one of the major cranks from the covid forum up here though.

the world is a safer place when they're confined down in that place firing insults at each other all day
I would personally do away with the NHS myself, loads of money is drained out if it. If it's that great, why has nobody else in the world copied the concept.
watch out, here he is. everyone stay quiet and he might just wander off

Last edited:

Here is my proposal.

Every working adult will have a set amount, say £40 per month taken from their wage at source. Every year on the 1st of December everyone’s medical records will be examined and any treatment that has been administered for self-inflicted illness will be costed against said contributions.

Any ailments resulting from over eating, alcoholism, smoking and other destructive drugs will be charged from your account. If, however, none of your treatments are related to the aforementioned categories, a full rebate plus associated interest will be forthcoming...£500 would make a decent Xmas I think.

It would also be useful to install a worldometer type database to show daily deaths, amputations from obesity etc.

I don’t want to pay for motorcyclists if they are at fault , or paragliders, tombstoners

all take risks that cost us

So nobody knows the dangers? It's there in gruesome detail on every packet.

There is not a picture of an RTA on the side of a bus.

If people don't know that cars crash they shouldn't be allowed out of the house without a carer. I'd also suggest that those who can't understand that cars crash certainly won't be able to comprehend the idea of smoking doing long term hidden damage.

As @fyl2u has alluded to, you can't just target the three things that you are against. It has to be everything that costs the NHS and public services.

How does this work if someone smoked for 10 years but quit 20 years ago? Or 5 years ago? An alcoholic who hasn't had a drink for 3 years? A 30-year-old who started smoking cannabis 6 months ago?

How will you even know what people have been up to?

It really is a very silly idea indeed. Stop it now.

Don't mind the OP as he seems an intelligent chap, save this disaster of a thread. He has attracted one of the major cranks from the covid forum up here though.

the world is a safer place when they're confined down in that place firing insults at each other all day

watch out, here he is. everyone stay quiet and he might just wander off
What!???

Here is my proposal.

Have you finished your website yet?

Here is my proposal.

Adolf likes this 👍🏻

Here is my proposal.

How about putting a giant hamster wheel in any fattie’s house attached to an electric turbine.

The electricity they generate as they lose weight can be fed back into the grid and be used to pay for their treatment.

If all goes well they’ll end up a healthy weight so treatment won’t be needed 👌🏻

Back