NHS budgeting idea

It's not free, it's universal.

fair enough, but it won’t be universal or free if / when they push it down the privatisation / private insurance route like America have.

Until then you can’t do what the op suggested, that isn’t what the NHS is about, and i’m fairly sure a majority working in it wouldn't accept it

fair enough, but it won’t be universal or free if / when they push it down the privatisation / private insurance route like America have.

Until then you can’t do what the op suggested, that isn’t what the NHS is about, and i’m fairly sure a majority working in it wouldn't accept it

Sadly the OP and what seems more and more like him believe in a 21st century version of serfdom. They'd also bring back the Poor Laws and workhouses in the mistaken belief that things were so much better in Victorian times when we last had them.

There isn't a Nirvana solution to any ills, but that shouldn't mean we just sit back and do nothing about what we can fix.
People have always done stuff to excess and when you offer stuff “for free” people use it that way too.
slightly off topic, I went to a house a few years ago when on an ambulance. It was dark in the house so I asked if we could put the light on. The bulbs were gone and the response was “ the council haven’t been out to replace them”
Patients ask for paracetamol when they are buttons for a good hand full. People not keeping their own streets litter free.
it’s not just the NHS

I understand you view but we are talking about the future, a new generation, different thinking. Covid has shuffled the pack big time, and although we may not like it, life will have to change.
People have always done stuff to excess and when you offer stuff “for free” people use it that way too.
slightly off topic, I went to a house a few years ago when on an ambulance. It was dark in the house so I asked if we could put the light on. The bulbs were gone and the response was “ the council haven’t been out to replace them”
Patients ask for paracetamol when they are buttons for a good hand full. People not keeping their own streets litter free.
it’s not just the NHS
I agree, and just because I only mention the NHS, it is but a fractal part of what must change for real quality of life. Take away responsability from the weak and they will become weaker. Setting an example empowers others. I don't have answers for the whole of humanity, but the ones I found for my once sorry arse self and my severely meantally ill partner have worked.

Last edited:
The OP is a bit of an old hippy and there's a strain of old hippy who seem to embrace conservatism without even realising it. They think they're still a bit radical but its sort of peace, love and bring back the death penalty.

Scrap individual Trusts - with all of its duplication of function working against each other. Have one NHS, one HR dept, one legal Dept, one finance dept etc.

Build and own their own buildings paid for by taxation rather than funding through PFI which is far more expensive in the long run.

Have an NHS nurse bank on standby to go where they are needed and paid a nurses salary so no need to use expensive bank nurses and pay an agency a fortune to use them.

Open up more places for medical students to train up doctors of the future to meet the demand.

Sadly the OP and what seems more and more like him believe in a 21st century version of serfdom. They'd also bring back the Poor Laws and workhouses in the mistaken belief that things were so much better in Victorian times when we last had them.
That is your version of me. I am my version of me.

You cannot just deconstruct a complex human being by just saying so on a forum, surely everyone knows that...with the excepton of Gaz that is.

Scrap individual Trusts - with all of its duplication of function working against each other. Have one NHS, one HR dept, one legal Dept, one finance dept etc.

Build and own their own buildings paid for by taxation rather than funding through PFI which is far more expensive in the long run.

Have an NHS nurse bank on standby to go where they are needed and paid a nurses salary so no need to use expensive bank nurses and pay an agency a fortune to use them.

Open up more places for medical students to train up doctors of the future to meet the demand.
You're on the team mate đź‘Ť

This would work well for me. I've managed to get to age 37 without ever needing hospital treatment despite abusing my body for the last two decades.

An alternative would be for the government to stop stealing our money and giving it to their mates.

The OP is a bit of an old hippy and there's a strain of old hippy who seem to embrace conservatism without even realising it. They think they're still a bit radical but its sort of peace, love and bring back the death penalty.
Tell me more about me, I'm genuinely interested.
This would work well for me. I've managed to get to age 37 without ever needing hospital treatment despite abusing my body for the last two decades.

An alternative would be for the government to stop stealing our money and giving it to their mates.
I've already had words about this...it didn't end well :D

Last edited:
That is your version of me. I am my version of me.

You cannot just deconstruct a complex human being by just saying so on a forum, surely everyone knows that...with the excepton of Gaz that is.

And yet you malign thousands, if not millions of people, because, in your opinion, they eat and drink the wrongs things?

Your version of you stinks m8. You need to find a better you. You can do it. We're all hoping that you can let the pure light within you guide your way on. :cool:

I honestly dont mind, just when it's a staff member I feel it should be pointed out lad.
Much appreciated, and as I said a better world is about setting examples.

I like it here, it's free and has been a great buffer for my PTSD...so no, I'm never going to knock it.

Back