NHS budgeting idea

Gelan

Winger
This is all about personal responsibility.

Here is my proposal.

Every working adult will have a set amount, say £40 per month taken from their wage at source. Every year on the 1st of December everyone’s medical records will be examined and any treatment that has been administered for self-inflicted illness will be costed against said contributions.

Any ailments resulting from over eating, alcoholism, smoking and other destructive drugs will be charged from your account. If, however, none of your treatments are related to the aforementioned categories, a full rebate plus associated interest will be forthcoming...£500 would make a decent Xmas I think.

It would also be useful to install a worldometer type database to show daily deaths, amputations from obesity etc.

Carrot and stick can work well together.

Here is my proposal.

Every working adult will have a set amount, say £40 per month taken from their wage at source. Every year on the 1st of December everyone’s medical records will be examined and any treatment that has been administered for self-inflicted illness will be costed against said contributions.

Any ailments resulting from over eating, alcoholism, smoking and other destructive drugs will be charged from your account. If, however, none of your treatments are related to the aforementioned categories, a full rebate plus associated interest will be forthcoming...£500 would make a decent Xmas I think.

It would also be useful to install a worldometer type database to show daily deaths, amputations from obesity etc.

Is this on top of NI contributions?

Here is my proposal.

How do you know the illness caused by over eating isn't a result of a side effect of treatment of other non self inflicted injury.

For example many antidepressants have weight gain as a common side effect.

How do you know the cancer was caused by smoking and not some other factor?

That's before the cost of the annual review of health data wipes out the income generated

Far too simplistic to have any merit (oh and the proposal isn't well thought out either)

Last edited:

Here is my proposal.

Of course we could give the contract to run this scheme to a pal or family member of the cabinet. What could go wrong?
that'll go down well for people on minimum wage, £40 a month to some is not a small amount. What about those who can't work due to disability, are they excluded from using the NHS.
He's lifted this from one of the old Viz magazines I imagine.

Last edited:
I would personally do away with the NHS myself, loads of money is drained out if it. If it's that great, why has nobody else in the world copied the concept.

Here is my proposal.

Hasn’t this fucker been arguing on the Covid board against passports as too much government intrusion?

Here is my proposal.

Shite bait marra.

Back