NFL hats at the match

I have an Eagles one, bought back as a present from an American colleague (he got a Sunderland scarf to take home from me!). They are great quality, and warm as anything. Wore it to a non-league game at somewhere like Ryhope, and two minutes in this bloke came up and started talking to be about the Eagles and I couldn't get a word in to explain it was "Just a hat I'd been bought". He seemed so happy to have another Eagles "fan" to talk to, that he completely stopped watching the match.

I actually don't mind the NFL, American Football is a decent game when you get passed all the statistics, that you don't need. But when you know what you are watching and looking for it can be entertaining. But literally the only thing I knew about the Eagles is that they are from Philadelphia.
Hotel California was a good album mate

Anyone else noticed that on a cold and busy day you can see loads of people in NFL team hats in the south stand? I counted 17 different teams at the Bradford game

Something to do when Aiden Mcgeady puts his corners straight into the defender on the edge of the penalty area .
Green Bay Packers hat for me!! GO PACK GO!!!

This year's are canny shite. Not keen on the big letters around the main body. My local shop was selling a few of last years off at £15 a time. Got a Chargers and Seahawks one.

This year's are canny shite. Not keen on the big letters around the main body. My local shop was selling a few of last years off at £15 a time. Got a Chargers and Seahawks one.
Few of my mates are Raiders fans and got the new hats for christmas,I agree,I am not a big fan either of the new style hats this season

Green Bay Packers hat for me!! GO PACK GO!!!
New Era bobble one or a Cheesehead hat?
I have an Eagles one, bought back as a present from an American colleague (he got a Sunderland scarf to take home from me!). They are great quality, and warm as anything. Wore it to a non-league game at somewhere like Ryhope, and two minutes in this bloke came up and started talking to be about the Eagles and I couldn't get a word in to explain it was "Just a hat I'd been bought". He seemed so happy to have another Eagles "fan" to talk to, that he completely stopped watching the match.

I actually don't mind the NFL, American Football is a decent game when you get passed all the statistics, that you don't need. But when you know what you are watching and looking for it can be entertaining. But literally the only thing I knew about the Eagles is that they are from Philadelphia.
My Texans hat keeps my bonce nice and warm, Missed going to London for the games this year, hope its back to normal in 2021.

Last edited:
New Era bobble one or a Cheesehead hat?

My Texans hat keeps my bonce nice and warm, Missed going to London for the games this year, hope its back to normal in 2021.
My English parents (My Mum from Sunderland & Grandad used to live on Fulwell Road & yes I have a brick next to my Grandad at SOL in memory) immigrated to Madison Wisconsin thus a big Green Bay Packers fan been a Family season ticket holder since tickets from County Stadium Milwaukee in the 80’s one preseason home games 2 & 6..also my wife is a Vikings season ticket holder I get the Green Bay at Minnesota tickets every year....

Ha’way The Lads & Go Pack Go!!

My English parents (My Mum from Sunderland & Grandad used to live on Fulwell Road & yes I have a brick next to my Grandad at SOL in memory) immigrated to Madison Wisconsin thus a big Green Bay Packers fan been a Family season ticket holder since tickets from County Stadium Milwaukee in the 80’s one preseason home games 2 & 6..also my wife is a Vikings season ticket holder I get the Green Bay at Minnesota tickets every year....

My mother is from Raglan Row in Philadelphia.

Go Eagles go.

I lived and worked in Houston for a couple of years in the early 80's and caught the bug, was given tickets on a regular basis to Oilers games and always enjoyed the occasion. Go to London Games at Wembley and get same seats every year. My wife likes Green Bay Packers and is hoping they will come to Wembley to play (believe they are only team not to come to UK), I saw Texans in 2019 at Wembley. Am a SAFC season card holder as well.

Sometimes the patriots play in red/white

I wear Sunderland top to all nfl games, it's an ice breaker, surprising how many Sunderland fans you meet in america. The most attention was when Roy Keane was in charge everybody seemed to mention him. Most commented on shirt was "africa" one

Here's my claim drop.

Was at Coachella when Muse headlined but no other euro acts could make it.

Lots of comments about Darren Bent at the time.

“Somewhere like Ryhope” WTF? You mean there’s others?
That’s me done with up there for good. 3+ seasons in Div3, Shit weather, Grigg, Voting Leave, No stripes on the shirt backs, MadRox and now there’s places like Ryhope other than Ryhope up there. You lot deserve everything you get.

Sometimes I wonder when I see NFL hats in the UK whether the wearer has ever attended a game of the team whose logo they are sporting (or even been to the city!).

Nope and nope, but plan to (Pittsburgh).

Have watched 100s of their games on TV though.

It's obviously not the same as Sunderland, nobody is saying it is - that's the day job. But it's a nice distraction, not least because they are good and the hats are as good as you'd expect from a game regularly played at -15 degrees.

Why the Steelers? Somebody bought be a t-shirt back from America when I was a bairn and I just stuck with them. Like their style of American football too - aggressive, defence minded, uber-physical.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder when I see NFL hats in the UK whether the wearer has ever attended a game of the team whose logo they are sporting (or even been to the city!).

Well I have a Chicago Bears hat “my NFL” team ever since I watched Walter Payton and William “The Fridge” Perry, when the games were first shown years ago on Channel 4. As for attending games, I have experienced - it is really more than just watching the on-pitch play spread over hours - 3 games here, in The UK, Wembley and Twickenham. The hat itself is a brilliant thermal roll down hat, excellent in cold weather and was brought to me by my cousin, who just happens to live in Chicago - hence the link - when the family (3rd generation) “returned home” their family roots, to stay with us and take in The Durham “Big Meeting“, which they had ingrained in them by my Great Aunt and Uncle who left East Durham for a new life in The USA in the late 1920s.

Back