NFL fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the least excited I've been for a Super Bowl for years. Can't see anything but a one sided pounding.

Oh well, at least I can enjoy Sharks Bar again for it! :cool::lol:

Watching the Super Bowl preview show on BBC2 now I can say it is official now - the NFL is huge here in the UK. What is the appeal and is it worth a newbie getting into?

Looking at brief highlights of games on TVV I have always been attracted to the Miami Dolphins because I love Florida and I love turquoise. Though I would not say I am a fan.

The appeal?

The mixing of fans. Beer at the seat inside the ground. The atmosphere. The overseas games here.

I was a relative newbie when I went to my first game in October, luckily for me the 49ers won. Now I'm hooked. Didn't realise how tactical the game was. Understanding some of the rules helps too.

Watching the Super Bowl preview show on BBC2 now I can say it is official now - the NFL is huge here in the UK. What is the appeal and is it worth a newbie getting into?

Looking at brief highlights of games on TVV I have always been attracted to the Miami Dolphins because I love Florida and I love turquoise. Though I would not say I am a fan.

Hi mate I got into it a couple of years ago, it's a fantastic game once you learn the rules and begin to understand what's going on and stuff.
Miami Dolphins are a lot of English people's puck due to going to Florida etc, I am unfortunately a Atlanta Falcons fan for no other reason than got talking to some Americans on holiday in Aruba who are Falcons.
Went to see them at Wembley last year and been over to Atlanta this season, both a great experience

Which seems quite complex. I began reading the Wikipedia article at these 'downs' and teams having to get at least 10 yards and stopped reading!!

Its easier to understand when you watch it. Remember if all of america can understand it its not really that hard! :lol:

Probably the least excited I've been for a Super Bowl for years. Can't see anything but a one sided pounding.

Oh well, at least I can enjoy Sharks Bar again for it! :cool::lol:

Think im off to there too! I hate both teams in the final so I don't really know what to do

Its easier to understand when you watch it. Remember if all of america can understand it its not really that hard! :lol:

Think im off to there too! I hate both teams in the final so I don't really know what to do

Have you booked tickets? If not I wouldn't just rock up without checking there's any left mate. Was standing room only earlier this week.

I read on Wikipedia that a team has 4 plays or downs to advance 10 yards. Looking at the pitch 10 yards does not seem far and seems easy to get a first down where they see 4 attempts to get to the end zone reset. I mean from the 40 yard line to the 30 yard line or from the 30 yard line to to the 20 yard line I would imagine it easy for a team to get 10 yards.

Am I right that the difference between a 3 point field goal kick and a 1 point field goal kick is that the 1 pointer happens after a touchdown? Can the 3 pointer happen once a team DURING PLAY gets to the 15 yard line that the ball needs to be kicked from after a touchdown for the 1 point?

It says on Wikipedia in the section about the try:

"The offensive team may attempt to advance the ball via run or pass into the end zone, much like a touchdown on the extra-point attempt, except that it receives two points. This is called a two-point conversion."

This 2 points for a team can also happen after an initial touchdown?

Am I right when I read that a safety goal is also worth 2 points to to opposition automatically if a player drops the ball in his own end zone or is tackled or if the ball goes out of bounds in the end zone?

And what is this fair catch kick for 3 points?

There seems so many ways to score!!

I read on Wikipedia that a team has 4 plays or downs to advance 10 yards. Looking at the pitch 10 yards does not seem far and seems easy to get a first down where they see 4 attempts to get to the end zone reset. I mean from the 40 yard line to the 30 yard line or from the 30 yard line to to the 20 yard line I would imagine it easy for a team to get 10 yards.

Am I right that the difference between a 3 point field goal kick and a 1 point field goal kick is that the 1 pointer happens after a touchdown? Can the 3 pointer happen once a team gets to the 15 yard line that the ball needs to be kicked from after a touchdown, during play?

"The offensive team may attempt to advance the ball via run or pass into the end zone, much like a touchdown on the extra-point attempt, except that it receives two points. This is called a ."

Am I right when I read that a safety goal is also worth 2 points to to opposition automatically if a player drops the ball in his own end zone or is tackled or if the ball goes out of bounds in the end zone?

BBC will explain it all in the pre show tonight like they do each year. Give it a watch.

Am I right that the difference between a 3 point field goal kick and a 1 point field goal kick is that the 1 pointer happens after a touchdown? Can the 3 pointer happen once a team DURING PLAY gets to the 15 yard line that the ball needs to be kicked from after a touchdown for the 1 point?

"The offensive team may attempt to advance the ball via run or pass into the end zone, much like a touchdown on the extra-point attempt, except that it receives two points. This is called a two-point conversion."

Join a fantasy league next year.

@Stepover joined ours this year to help him learn and now he's bloody obsessed with it!

Thought about shark bar but got appointments at work tomorrow. Will deff go next year

It's brilliant mate. Need to book well in advance but atmosphere was unreal last year. Waitress service too. From models. That bring you chicken wings.

Just watch a game and pick it up as you go along like everyone else does.

Can't see tonight's game being a classic, I think the Broncos defence might keep Carolina in check but Denver's spluttering offence means I think this will be a low scoring matchup. Carolina to win it though in my opinion. I'm not really fussed who wins as I like Cam Newton but it'd be nice to see Manning end his career on the biggest high possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back