NFL 2022

I'm a Bears fan, so pointless exercise staying up tonight with no first rounder.

Looking very much like a season of tanking for the Bears this year, very surprised if we win more than about 4 games.

Anyone staying up for the Draft tonight?

The Jets annual “Super-Bowl” ahead of getting into the boring business of (losing) games……
Nope - I don't follow college football so have no idea who any of the players are, and I'll just watch the highlight reels tomorrow.

The Jets annual “Super-Bowl” ahead of getting into the boring business of (losing) games……
Sad but one of my favourite weekends of the year is draft weekend. I wish they’d take it back to being over 2 days rather than 3 though.
Nope - I don't follow college football so have no idea who any of the players are, and I'll just watch the highlight reels tomorrow.
First rounders in particular are going to be much more widely known going forward with the changes in college licensing rights.

Wish there was better gambling markets for the draft on Skybet. Love draft night.

Out tonight until 1, so might stick it on when I get back to the hotel. What times it starting UK time?

Being over here its not really a challenge. I'll be watching though, after all those awful Gettelman drafts I am really hoping that the Giants do it right tonight. Take 7th, trade for more draft equity with our second top ten pick and see where we end up.

Wish there was better gambling markets for the draft on Skybet. Love draft night.

Out tonight until 1, so might stick it on when I get back to the hotel. What times it starting UK time?

Out of curiosity, what is it you’re looking? Feel like Skybet/Paddy’s/Unibet/Redzone offer an awful lot of stuff between them

I'm a Bears fan, so pointless exercise staying up tonight with no first rounder.

Looking very much like a season of tanking for the Bears this year, very surprised if we win more than about 4 games.
I think it's going to unfortunately be between the Bears, Giants and Lions for worst team this year

Feel quite a bit for Justin Fields. Hopefully his confidence isn't shot after what's inevitably going to be a rough season for him

I think it's going to unfortunately be between the Bears, Giants and Lions for worst team this year

Feel quite a bit for Justin Fields. Hopefully his confidence isn't shot after what's inevitably going to be a rough season for him
Yeah, if that O-Line is anything like last year this season could absolutely break him.

I wouldn’t be so pessimistic if I was a bears fan. Sure, they need a lot of pieces….. but Fields, Herbert, Mooney. They have some electric playmakers on offense. The RB committee could be 3 headed even, all with talent. They need an O-line to keep Fields from having to run for his life, but so did my Bengals and they turned it around. I have my eye on the Bears in the next few years.

I wouldn’t be so pessimistic if I was a bears fan. Sure, they need a lot of pieces….. but Fields, Herbert, Mooney. They have some electric playmakers on offense. The RB committee could be 3 headed even, all with talent. They need an O-line to keep Fields from having to run for his life, but so did my Bengals and they turned it around. I have my eye on the Bears in the next few years.

This ^^^

The Bears won't be very good next year but they are going to be in a very healthy position in 2023 in terms of draft picks and cap space. This year is all about Fields development which should be good to watch now that he will not have to run an offense designed by Matt Nagy.

This ^^^

The Bears won't be very good next year but they are going to be in a very healthy position in 2023 in terms of draft picks and cap space. This year is all about Fields development which should be good to watch now that he will not have to run an offense designed by Matt Nagy.
I'm hoping we see Fields allowed to play his natural game, let his flair shine through. The O-line will let him down at times because it's our weakest area, but hopefully without Nagy's shit tactics he'll have a better season.

I'm hoping we see Fields allowed to play his natural game, let his flair shine through. The O-line will let him down at times because it's our weakest area, but hopefully without Nagy's shit tactics he'll have a better season.

Yeah I agree. As much as the O line was/is shite, it wasn't helped by Nagy consistently calling plays keeping a mobile QB like Fields in the pocket.

Our new GM is an ex O lineman who appreciates the position and I reckon the Bears will address the O line and WR this weekend and get Fields the help he needs.

That plus if just two or three players from the stack we have signed on one year 'prove it' deals prove to be good or better, we will be in a great position next year....hopefully!!!

Back