NFL 2022

Know it was close but best team won on night, feel for guy who gave that penalty away at end. Burrows didn't have a great night tonight and credit to mahomes for playing basically with one foot

I think the best team won tonight, Chiefs defensive front exposed the Bengals offensive line, and Mahomes is basically a super hero. BUT, some of the refereeing was terrible, giving the Chiefs 5 downs, then a defensive holding call when the Bengals get the sack, not calling the Clark late hit on Burrow, the reach for the 1st down which the Chiefs challenged should have been called short and on the intentional grounding the Bengals running back was a few feet from where the ball landed. Think I'd be fuming if I was a Bengals fan.

Hopefully the Chiefs can recover and be healthy to give the Eagles a good game.

Last edited:
That felt like a trip back about 10-15 years or so, and not in a good way. A game basically decided by a hit out of bounds after a quality replay/ref-show fuckup, lots of chip-shot field goals instead of fun play-calling, and commentators dick-riding coaches and making it seem like NFL strategy is equivalently complex as nuclear physics.

That felt like a trip back about 10-15 years or so, and not in a good way. A game basically decided by a hit out of bounds after a quality replay/ref-show fuckup, lots of chip-shot field goals instead of fun play-calling, and commentators dick-riding coaches and making it seem like NFL strategy is equivalently complex as nuclear physics.
Yeah it was a big let down all in all

I can't bare listening to Romo these days, he's gone from properly analysing plays to being like the other commentators and just gushing over the stars of the NFL. The wildcard games were good and there's not been a good game since, hopefully the superbowl is better.

Felt that the bengals were on the wrong side of a few calls last night personally

Though that final flag will haunt 58 forever.

He was distraught at the r we bd

I hope the 49ers draft some more of those fat guys I see other teams use to stop QBs getting pasted :lol:

They had the 9th best O line in the league by grade, I don't think their QBs took even average levels of punishment.

The problem is that Jimmy G hasn't played a full season since 2019 and Trey Lance only played one college season for a Div 1 school where his school dominated and Ds couldn't get anywhere near him, so he might also be made of glass.

They had the 9th best O line in the league by grade, I don't think their QBs took even average levels of punishment.

The problem is that Jimmy G hasn't played a full season since 2019 and Trey Lance only played one college season for a Div 1 school where his school dominated and Ds couldn't get anywhere near him, so he might also be made of glass.
When it is bad it is BAD and it only takes one hit or unlucky bend. They miss Mack as Brendel is far inferior and he, Brunskill and McGlinchey are in free agency too so it will be interesting.

It's a bit of both of those things. If you have Trent Williams at LT and your QBs are still getting hurt, it's likely a combination of the rest of your line being garbage and your QBs being injury-prone. Same point about Williams and the overall grade being 9th.

It's a bit of both of those things. If you have Trent Williams at LT and your QBs are still getting hurt, it's likely a combination of the rest of your line being garbage and your QBs being injury-prone. Same point about Williams and the overall grade being 9th.

They were something like 5th for QB hits and sacks allowed, so you can't really say they were in any more danger than most other QB. A lot less in fact, and substantially less than people like Russell Wilson or whoever was playing for the Colts on any given week. Combination of bad luck and injury prone players.
When it is bad it is BAD and it only takes one hit or unlucky bend. They miss Mack as Brendel is far inferior and he, Brunskill and McGlinchey are in free agency too so it will be interesting.

It's a brutal sport, but the line held up for the most part. The one that took out Purdy looked like nothing.

Last edited:

Back