NFL 2022

They were something like 5th for QB hits and sacks allowed, so you can't really say they were in any more danger than most other QB. A lot less in fact, and substantially less than people like Russell Wilson or whoever was playing for the Colts on any given week. Combination of bad luck and injury prone players.

It's a brutal sport, but the line held up for the most part. The one that took out Purdy looked like nothing.
Well not like Wilson. That would take some effort as prior to this season he was the most hit QB in the NFL since he entered it. I can't imagine that stat improved this season but I only watched him against the 49ers. Luck was similarly battered I believe.

The right side of the line have let through some absolute howlers this season and last whether or not the QB got touched. The one on Purdy was a TE block which he has looked fine with generally, but was swatted aside with ease by a monster.

Just seen a list of the only QB's under contract in the NFC South for next year

Falcons - Desmon Ridder / Marcus Mariota
Bucs - Kyle Trask
Panthers - Matt Coral / Jacob Eason
Saints - Jameis Winston / Jake Luton

:lol:

Just seen a list of the only QB's under contract in the NFC South for next year

Falcons - Desmon Ridder / Marcus Mariota
Bucs - Kyle Trask
Panthers - Matt Coral / Jacob Eason
Saints - Jameis Winston / Jake Luton

:lol:
Wasn't that long ago it looked a tough division because of the good Qbs in it!

They were something like 5th for QB hits and sacks allowed, so you can't really say they were in any more danger than most other QB. A lot less in fact, and substantially less than people like Russell Wilson or whoever was playing for the Colts on any given week. Combination of bad luck and injury prone players.

It's a brutal sport, but the line held up for the most part. The one that took out Purdy looked like nothing.

Too much noise in the data with QB mobility and existing injury status to make much of it on here, though. That goes whether you’re talking 5th from top or bottom. For example, my QB in high school never got hit, and I mean almost literally zero times. MF either tucked it and ran or chucked the ball long as soon as the first defender even came clean of his blocker. Then it became my problem to fix his lack of balls. Extreme example, but QB hit stats aren’t a one way street with the line.

And Purdy’s injury is mostly a usage injury, not a contact one. I’ve had that specific injury. It’s more usual for baseball pitchers (me) than QBs. But there’s a point in a throwing motion at which contact and a fraying ligament is a recipe for disaster.

I feel awful for the dude. The rehab from the surgery he’ll almost inevitably need is miserable, and the scar is ugly as hell (as in, I stopped wearing short sleeves in first dates for years lest that thing dominate conversation).

For the love of God, just go and make gigabucks at fox.

His new lass has just come out as bi...... You would never see me again.
Too much noise in the data with QB mobility and existing injury status to make much of it on here, though. That goes whether you’re talking 5th from top or bottom. For example, my QB in high school never got hit, and I mean almost literally zero times. MF either tucked it and ran or chucked the ball long as soon as the first defender even came clean of his blocker. Then it became my problem to fix his lack of balls. Extreme example, but QB hit stats aren’t a one way street with the line.

And Purdy’s injury is mostly a usage injury, not a contact one. I’ve had that specific injury. It’s more usual for baseball pitchers (me) than QBs. But there’s a point in a throwing motion at which contact and a fraying ligament is a recipe for disaster.

I feel awful for the dude. The rehab from the surgery he’ll almost inevitably need is miserable, and the scar is ugly as hell (as in, I stopped wearing short sleeves in first dates for years lest that thing dominate conversation).

Oh yeah, it's all purely conjecture. I just think that relying on one of those 2 to stay fit all next season is a bit much given their injury records.

I thought Purdy got injured on the fumble play where the edge rusher hit his arm.

Last edited:
For example, my QB in high school never got hit, and I mean almost literally zero times. MF either tucked it and ran or chucked the ball long as soon as the first defender even came clean of his blocker. Then it became my problem to fix his lack of balls.
That would definitely be me playing QB! :lol: It must take a lot of balls to constantly have your eyes fixed on the receivers while knowing there's some huge men wanting to run you over especially the throws where they know they're going to take a hit, goes against human instinct. The top QBs just seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to awareness in the pocket, Brady's longevity was down to this, quick accurate throws and when taking a sack don't try and get out of it.

Isn't that what got Wentz bad? Had an okay-ish start to his career but started getting hit more and could only see ghosts on the field so production just fell off a cliff?

Nice question for you since you've worked with QBs etc ... Are QB wins a stat? ;) :lol:

Love seeing meltdowns on twitter to that

Back