NFL 2020

I think it's pretty poor form that they've come to public attention to be honest. They're historical and someone has leaked them now in the heightened emotional environment to paint him in a bad light.

I've probably said loads of things over texts with mates that if they were taken out of context could look horrible but would in no way represent how I actually feel.
That's true, it was a girl who I assume is an ex of his. Mind his apology hasn't helped him he just clarified that he doesn't see himself as an elite white person.
Aye really poor. Dunno what he meant, didn’t understand the lingo, could be an in joke between him and his pal or something but it does look really poor. I don’t understand Americans to be honest mate they completely baffle me a lot of the time. He’s a 20 year old kid from Deep South but I wouldn’t like to assume character because I don’t know anything about him but we also know how ingrained some cultures are in those parts of the country.

I’ve seen the Bills addressing it publicly and Lesley Fraiser speaking about it just before. I don’t think they should instantly just exile him and cut him to make him this symbol of hate but should be a team decision on his future where they speak to the staff and players. By the sounds of it they had a meeting today so no idea what was said there.
It is a proper mental country like should be no surprise it's a complete mess at the moment.

Has Colin Kaepernick got a case here he was shunned by the nfl for making his stand

He has a case, he could have easily landed a back up job somewhere for a cheap fee like how Flacco has but at same time I remember him being average and going like 1-10 in his final season at the 49ers. I remember the Bills blowing him out and he was shite so an immediate starting job was out the picture

Last edited by a moderator:
He has a case, he could have easily landed a back up job somewhere for a cheap fee like how Flacco has but at same time I remember him being average and going like 1-10 in his final season at the 49ers. I remember the Bills blowing him out and he was shite so an immediate starting job was out the picture

Aye he’s wasn’t a great QB to start with imo but surely would have landed a back up like you said

Has Colin Kaepernick got a case here he was shunned by the nfl for making his stand
He settled his case with the NFL last year.
He settled his case with the NFL last year.

For all Kaepernick would have been a negative distraction as a backup QB a year or 2 ago, it seems the mood has shifted and now would be loved. I think somebody should look to sign him, he'd be better than about 80% of backups.

I'm not a big American football fan. I watch the the superbowl once a year.

The main thing I want to know is their any team capable of stopping the ravens or chiefs in the afc? Every form expert in America is saying its a straight toss up between them in the afc. Is it that clear cut, and are mahomes and Jackson as good as they say?

The main thing I want to know is their any team capable of stopping the ravens or chiefs in the afc? Every form expert in America is saying its a straight toss up between them in the afc. Is it that clear cut, and are mahomes and Jackson as good as they say?

Thinks can change very quickly to be fair, but barring Mahomes getting injured I can't see a way the Chiefs aren't challenging again. Personally not convinced Lamar Jackson will have the longevity, NFL defences usually catch up fairly quickly and he's not the greatest passer. Plus he's been pretty badly beaten in the playoffs so far.

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the Steelers, Chargers, Colts or Titans in the AFC Championship game.

Mahomes is the best aye. Interesting you mention Jackson but I know a lot of folk that have Josh Allen at #2. Interesting debate to be had

Thinks can change very quickly to be fair, but barring Mahomes getting injured I can't see a way the Chiefs aren't challenging again. Personally not convinced Lamar Jackson will have the longevity, NFL defences usually catch up fairly quickly and he's not the greatest passer. Plus he's been pretty badly beaten in the playoffs so far.

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the Steelers, Chargers, Colts or Titans in the AFC Championship game.
Are you writing off the Bills and Patriots and out of the other teams you mentioned (apart from chiefs who is the strongest) in the afc

Are you writing off the Bills and Patriots and out of the other teams you mentioned (apart from chiefs who is the strongest) in the afc

Nah the Bills should be in there tbf, Josh Allen seems a bit boom or bust to me, great athlete and massive arm but inaccurate. They have Stefon Diggs now so should give him a genuine #1 receiver. @Johnsafc is the Bills man.

Patriots will still have a great defence, the rest is a mystery to me.

As it stands on paper aye but the NFL can be hard to predict so I wouldn't bank on it, Ravens have twice in a row bottled a play off game so they have that to prove. Mahomes is the best QB in the league but all it takes is an injury to him and that's it for the Chiefs.

Sooner or later I think Jackson is going to get his bell well and truly rung the way he runs and doesn’t slide - will be interesting to see what that would do to his game.

Also it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw a slight regression in Mahomes this year... defences have had another year to work him out and there was talk of freeing him up more with trick plays and stuff, if he goes too far that way it will blow back.

Most interesting QBs to watch for me this year are Stidham, Allen and Tua (if he starts)

Back