NFL 2020

Class, tin hat on here boys but I no longer follow the Dolphins, always liked American football since being a kid but apart from liking the dolphins as I used to get the odd cap when I went on holiday to Florida with me Mam and dad, I never really had a team that I was fanatical about.

I’ve been off work over the last week and just binged watched Friday night lights, watching hard knocks at the minute and watched a shit load of films to do with the sport it has really got me excited for new season.

So for past few days I’ve been looking into what team I want to support and really wanted them to be red and white and be able to call them My team, so I was down to 3:

Cardinals
49ers
KCC

Didnt want to pick KCC as I don’t want to be jumping on super bowl champions band wagon

Chose 49ers:
home top red and white
Away top white and red
3rd top black and red

So this will be my first year as a proper supporter and where I learn everything I can about American football, also going to watch a lot more games this year and college football also.
Dolphins are about to become better than they were!

Also if you dont want to jump on the super bowl champions then runners up shouldnt be an option!

Class, tin hat on here boys but I no longer follow the Dolphins, always liked American football since being a kid but apart from liking the dolphins as I used to get the odd cap when I went on holiday to Florida with me Mam and dad, I never really had a team that I was fanatical about.

I’ve been off work over the last week and just binged watched Friday night lights, watching hard knocks at the minute and watched a shit load of films to do with the sport it has really got me excited for new season.

So for past few days I’ve been looking into what team I want to support and really wanted them to be red and white and be able to call them My team, so I was down to 3:

Cardinals
49ers
KCC

Didnt want to pick KCC as I don’t want to be jumping on super bowl champions band wagon

Chose 49ers:
home top red and white
Away top white and red
3rd top black and red

So this will be my first year as a proper supporter and where I learn everything I can about American football, also going to watch a lot more games this year and college football also.
Stick with the Dolphins, 30 years of shit and they might just about come good finally

Cardinals
49ers
KCC

Chose 49ers:
home top red and white
Away top white and red
3rd top black and red

The good thing about the NFL is anything can happen. Even the jags had one good year recently and were tipped to make superbowl. Stick with the 'Fins mate, its all part of the journey and it will be a closer division going forward i'd imagine

Cardinals
49ers
KCC

Chose 49ers:
home top red and white
Away top white and red
3rd top black and red

Whoah there..no swapping teams..I’ve stuck with the Bengals for years..the good times are just around the corner..:rolleyes:

Cardinals
49ers
KCC

Chose 49ers:
home top red and white
Away top white and red
3rd top black and red

I was looking for a team to follow for what seemed like ages! Then in about week 2 or 3 last year I watched a full 49ers game. Great team, love them now, the SB run probably helped!
Reckon they'll do a Liverpool this year, just miss out last year then smash the whole league this!

Cardinals
49ers
KCC

Chose 49ers:
home top red and white
Away top white and red
3rd top black and red

Stick with the Dolphins. My Bucs team have been terrible for a long time and this year they're one of the favourites for a play off run. This isn't the Premier League as the terrible teams can get good and the good teams can get bad.

Are they?!

I don't see why they can't get into the playoffs with Brady complimenting a quality offense. Jameis Winston cost us in a lot of tight games last year. I am not saying Brady will be the Tom Brady of old but he is an upgrade on Winston. We are looking like a strong outfit. We aren't guaranteed a playoff spot but I am hopeful enough to be excited this year.

As last season proved, the Steelers can be down to their 4th string Qb and still finished above the Raiders.

Watching last year was stirring stuff. Gutted the wheels fell off for a second year running although last year they had no excuses.

Hopefully diet Ben has a few more years left in him. Feeling pretty good about the coming season and I think it’s going to be the toughest AFCN for years.

I don't see why they can't get into the playoffs with Brady complimenting a quality offense. Jameis Winston cost us in a lot of tight games last year. I am not saying Brady will be the Tom Brady of old but he is an upgrade on Winston. We are looking like a strong outfit. We aren't guaranteed a playoff spot but I am hopeful enough to be excited this year.

I thought Brady showed huge signs of decline last season, I’m not sure the Bucks D will protect him anymore than the Patriots did.

Dolphins are about to become better than they were!

Also if you dont want to jump on the super bowl champions then runners up shouldnt be an option!
Statistically though don't the team that finish runners up normally do poorly for a few years after?

Stick with the Dolphins. My Bucs team have been terrible for a long time and this year they're one of the favourites for a play off run. This isn't the Premier League as the terrible teams can get good and the good teams can get bad.

Thing is with the Dolphins is they’re an AFC team so no chance of a Super Bowl with the Ravens and Chiefs..NFC’s a bit more open.

I thought Brady showed huge signs of decline last season, I’m not sure the Bucks D will protect him anymore than the Patriots did.

I think the Patriots defense carried them last season and I also think Brady has declined but I think it is hard to see how much as that Patriots offense last season wasn't great and Brady didn't have the best options. It will be a defining season for Brady and I think he will be better with the Bucs offensive talent and I still think he will be a lot better than Winston. I guess we will find out.

I’m not ditching the dolphins due to them being shit as I agree I think they will be canny good this season, especially since they drafted Tua but I never really went out of my way to watch them, Tbf I never really had passion for NFL like you lads have up until recently so wanted to start a complete fresh with a team that i pick knowing a bit about AF now.

When I liked the dolphins it was purely just because I used to get a cap as a kid when I went on holiday with my parents.

If I were old enough to understand then I probably woulda went for a red and white team.

I’m classing this year as being the 1st year of me really following AF there for starting with a team I want to class as the team I support, arch all there games, feel passionate about.

On another note, ganna start watching college football aswell, anyone watch and enjoy it? Does watching it help with knowledge of nfl and players etc

I think the Patriots defense carried them last season and I also think Brady has declined but I think it is hard to see how much as that Patriots offense last season wasn't great and Brady didn't have the best options. It will be a defining season for Brady and I think he will be better with the Bucs offensive talent and I still think he will be a lot better than Winston. I guess we will find out.

All eyes will be on him and Gronk that’s for sure.

I’m not ditching the dolphins due to them being shit as I agree I think they will be canny good this season, especially since they drafted Tua but I never really went out of my way to watch them, Tbf I never really had passion for NFL like you lads have up until recently so wanted to start a complete fresh with a team that i pick knowing a bit about AF now.

When I liked the dolphins it was purely just because I used to get a cap as a kid when I went on holiday with my parents.

If I were old enough to understand then I probably woulda went for a red and white team.

I’m classing this year as being the 1st year of me really following AF there for starting with a team I want to class as the team I support, arch all there games, feel passionate about.

On another note, ganna start watching college football aswell, anyone watch and enjoy it? Does watching it help with knowledge of nfl and players etc
It will certainly help you come to grips with the game rules etc. if you're watching more games. It will also help you when it comes to the draft to some extent but there are so many teams and players it will be hard to track all of them. College football is really enjoyable but I suppose it just depends on how much free time you have as there are a lot of NFL games to watch.

16-0. Josh Allen 5,000 passing yards and 40 TDs with 10 rushing TDs. Diggs over 2,000 yards receiving and Tre White allows no receptions all year.

The AFC East is dead. Long live the Bills :cool:

(will come to regret this one)

Same here. Think Gronk is massive in the blocking game for Brady more than anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
16-0. Josh Allen 5,000 passing yards and 40 TDs with 10 rushing TDs. Diggs over 2,000 yards receiving and Tre White allows no receptions all year.

The AFC East is dead. Long live the Bills :cool:

(will come to regret this one)

Same here. Think Gronk is massive in the blocking game for Brady more than anything.

I’m expecting the Bills to have a good run this season.
They’re starting to become my second team tbh.
I compare them to SAFC as they never win when we get to the big stage :lol:

I’m expecting the Bills to have a good run this season.
They’re starting to become my second team tbh.
I compare them to SAFC as they never win when we get to the big stage :lol:

I think the AFC East have hard match ups this year. Paired with the NFC west and also got the likes of KC on the schedule so it’ll be interesting to see what the division winner finishes on. Some good away trips for the bills though, San Fran, Tennessee, Las Vegas and Arizona so reckon if fans can travel there’ll be a lot of bills fans there.

Welcome onboard :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back