NFL 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowing us, a run stuffing defensive lineman, to go with the four we've drafted first round in the last 7 years.

Hopefully this is finally the year we draft someone at a meaningful position instead of f***ing dline, safety or ILB. Joke franchise

We'll need a replacement for Jamal....

Read today that the Chargers would be open-minded on any discussions involving their franchise moving to London. The London Chargers has a canny ring to it. I would go to some games and give them some support. What are people's thoughts on this idea?

Read today that the Chargers would be open-minded on any discussions involving their franchise moving to London. The London Chargers has a canny ring to it. I would go to some games and give them some support. What are people's thoughts on this idea?

Well they shouldn't be in LA, they have no fanbase. Personally I think it's unworkable to have a London team, imagine having a playoff game 8 time zones away. Then there's things like tax, salary cap workings.

Well they shouldn't be in LA, they have no fanbase. Personally I think it's unworkable to have a London team, imagine having a playoff game 8 time zones away. Then there's things like tax, salary cap workings.
Agree with the fanbase part definitely it doesn't look great to see their fans outnumbered at home games.

Although being a Rugby League fan also the Toronto Wolfpack have made inroads into Rugby league despite the timezones and it will be interesting to see how they do in the Super League and if they can keep it up and play it to a good standard. If they can manage the timezone at a high level there is no reason an American football team can't so the NFL could keep an eye on that as a comparison.

Financially however I haven't got a clue as I am still a learner driver with the NFL and haven't got much knowledge of how the salary cap etc works. It might be impossible but I hope the NFL can find a way to make it possible and fair as it would be class for the game in this country.

Last edited:
I think it's a poor idea to have a team in London, players wont want to play for them for tax reasons also most wont have ever travelled abroad so I doubt they'd want to move to a new country, scheduling would be a nightmare I think the only way it would work is London play 8 at home and then 8 away all in a row and if they do get good then play offs would be shite for either them or the team on the road to them, also would the attendance still be good watching the Chargers most likely getting thrashed for the 8 games? I think most British people interested in the NFL already have their teams and probably wont change I know I wont.

Last edited:
The Chargers owner has come out with an expletive filled rant that the Chargers aren't moving to London and WILL be staying in LA.

I think it's a poor idea to have a team in London, players wont want to play for them for tax reasons also most wont have ever travelled abroad so I doubt they'd want to move to a new country, scheduling would be a nightmare I think the only way it would work is London play 8 at home and then 8 away all in a row and if they do get good then play offs would be shite for either them or the team on the road to them, also would the attendance still be good watching the Chargers most likely getting thrashed for the 8 games? I think most British people interested in the NFL already have their teams and probably wont change I know I wont.

Completely agree with the taxes when you say it like that a lot of players wouldn't like it.

I think the scheduling would be fine as Toronto have managed it so far in Rugby League and they play more games.

I think a London team would generate enough interest to get bums on Seats as those who like the NFL in this country tend to get really invested in the game and will pay good money to get to games and we have seen how well 4 games have done this year even with fans going to watch teams they don't support. I can see myself getting attached to a London team but not at the expense of my own team. I think short term it would be a success attendance wise but it's longevity would be much harder to achieve as like you say they would get thrashed at first so it depends how quickly they would be able build a team that could win.
The Chargers owner has come out with an expletive filled rant that the Chargers aren't moving to London and WILL be staying in LA.
Well he timed that perfectly for my post 🤣. I do still like the idea of a London team though but how realistic it is will always be a question that will be debated amongst fans of the game.

Last edited:
Falcons fantastic tonight. Handed saints there arses in there own super duper dome.
Brees sacked 6 times
I did not see that coming at all! I hope the Bucs can do the same to them next week at the Raymond James but more likely to be on the end of a backlash.

I did not see that coming at all! I hope the Bucs can do the same to them next week at the Raymond James but more likely to be on the end of a backlash.
For the first time this season Falcons D was right on it and didn’t give Brees or Kamara anything.
Thomas was still class.
Mcaffrey is one of the best RB if not the best in the NFL.
Panthers are better without Cam

Last edited:
For the first time this season Falcons D was right on it and didn’t give Brees or Kamara anything.
Thomas was still class.
Mcaffrey is one of the best RB if not the best in the NFL.
Panthers are better without Cam

I think Cam could have been one of the best in the league if it wasn't for his injuries but unfortunately I think he is finished. I hope he can prove me wrong but I think the panthers need to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back