NFL 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I missed this one so not sure it's been mentioned

Todd Haley to the Browns

@ChrisAshley good news?

Good news that he's fucked off that's for sure! And tbf probably not a bad move for the Browns better than Hue Jackson anyway. As an OC he wasn't terrible for us he was brought in to stop Ben taking so many hits and be more of a pocket passer so he was successful at that, he was great at play schemes but called them at the wrong times (pitch plays on 3rd/4th and 1, screens on 3rd and long, not running QB sneak with a 6ft 5 QB are some of the obvious examples) also his other big problem is he seems to be a massive knobhead coaches have left because of him Munchak our great OLine coach would have left if Haley stayed, Ben probably would have retired if he stayed too I'm sure him saying he's thinking of retiring last year was because of Haley.

He had a top 5 QB, best WR in the game with Juju and Bryant backing him up, best all round RB, top 3 O line yet it took till week 11 before we got more than 30 points, his stats are decent for us overall but can't help thinking this offence has underachieved over the last couple of years.

Good news that he's fucked off that's for sure! And tbf probably not a bad move for the Browns better than Hue Jackson anyway. As an OC he wasn't terrible for us he was brought in to stop Ben taking so many hits and be more of a pocket passer so he was successful at that, he was great at play schemes but called them at the wrong times (pitch plays on 3rd/4th and 1, screens on 3rd and long, not running QB sneak with a 6ft 5 QB are some of the obvious examples) also his other big problem is he seems to be a massive knobhead coaches have left because of him Munchak our great OLine coach would have left if Haley stayed, Ben probably would have retired if he stayed too I'm sure him saying he's thinking of retiring last year was because of Haley.

He had a top 5 QB, best WR in the game with Juju and Bryant backing him up, best all round RB, top 3 O line yet it took till week 11 before we got more than 30 points, his stats are decent for us overall but can't help thinking this offence has underachieved over the last couple of years.
Excellent review

The pats do enough to win and the hatred they receive is ridiculous imo.

I'm a pats fan, been so, since they were demolished by my other team the bears in 1985
Same time I became a fan - first Super Bowl I saw in the UK and picked them. Moved over here in 2000 and everyone assumes I'm just a bandwagoner, even though I watched them for years as a terrible team. The grief they get for being good is astonishing, but I guess it happens in most sports when you're successful

Same time I became a fan - first Super Bowl I saw in the UK and picked them. Moved over here in 2000 and everyone assumes I'm just a bandwagoner, even though I watched them for years as a terrible team. The grief they get for being good is astonishing, but I guess it happens in most sports when you're successful

Lip Reading Gate
Deflate gate
Brady’s concussion rules
Brady’s salary (or lack of)

Took a pay cut to help with salary cap, I think. Terrible :lol:
Oh right. Was reading an interesting article the other day (think it was linked on here) about the thing he's set up with the Dr. TB12 sounds a bit dodgy to me! (Obviously don't know how much of the article is true).

All this cheating and so on

Do people not watch games and all the good play?

Is it only the patriots who get things in their favour?

All other teams are totally squeaky clean and have never done anything and are all badly done to, in favour of the patriots?

It's the usual way, that long time winners are not liked, it happens in all sports and when they are long finished, people look back and start to appreciate the excellence which has happened, right in front of their face for 17 years.

Compensated with shares in the Pats when he eventually retires.....allegedly

Sadly there is a lot of bullshit alleged against the Pats. When people mention Brady's salary, they often happily ignore the fact other players have taken a pay cut to stay with the organisation as well. Danny Amendola is a good example as his salary has reduced for the last two seasons.

I got the bug in 1985 too and picked the Packers as my team and have stuck with them. Now im over here in the south where its Dallas Cowboys country I do get a few remarks and questions as to why im a cheesehead from friends and colleagues etc

All this cheating and so on

Do people not watch games and all the good play?

Is it only the patriots who get things in their favour?

All other teams are totally squeaky clean and have never done anything and are all badly done to, in favour of the patriots?

It's the usual way, that long time winners are not liked, it happens in all sports and when they are long finished, people look back and start to appreciate the excellence which has happened, right in front of their face for 17 years.

It happens in all sports that they decisions go the way of the big teams when anything is judged by a referee. For years ive been convinced that with the huge influx in money in sport and the gambling stakes that it is corrupt on a huge scale with referees. Just look at some of the decisions in recent years that have went the way of the top teams

Christ didn't man united go almost 10 years without a Penalty being conceded at Old Trafford or something. You cant tell me that is just some co incidence. Refereees are being bought off and bribed left right and centre imo. Its the same with the sports over here that go to a series in the final (NBA,MLB,NHL). You hardly ever get a 4-0 sweep or a 4-1 the amount of times it goes to game 7 is very very suspicious and its all for extra TV revenue,Stadium revenue etc etc. Greed and money runs sports now not competition

Last edited:
Forgetting what they're like as people you've got to have respect for what they've done in the NFL, in a time when the NFL have made it as hard as possible for their to be a dominant team they just keep being in the superbowl or the AFCCG at the very least every year. Bill and Brady are pretty much the only constant too Bill just keeps building superbowl winning teams, it's comparable with Sir Alex Fergusons job he did for Man United only Bill doesn't get the advantage of having more money to spend than most of the league.

Having said all that it's boring as fuck now watching the Patriots win the Superbowl, give some of the other smaller franchises a go who never get to even go to the superbowl like the Steelers ffs.

Forgetting what they're like as people you've got to have respect for what they've done in the NFL, in a time when the NFL have made it as hard as possible for their to be a dominant team they just keep being in the superbowl or the AFCCG at the very least every year. Bill and Brady are pretty much the only constant too Bill just keeps building superbowl winning teams, it's comparable with Sir Alex Fergusons job he did for Man United only Bill doesn't get the advantage of having more money to spend than most of the league.

Having said all that it's boring as fuck now watching the Patriots win the Superbowl, give some of the other smaller franchises a go who never get to even go to the superbowl like the Steelers ffs.

Their 6 times winners record is in danger of being equaled. With the Patriots its now just as boring as Alabama in the college game. it will now be a shock if they don't get to the AFCCG. Christ how many years is it since a different team won their division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back