NFL 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots' achievements recently are definitely to be respected but the AFC is far inferior to the NFC in terms of quality imo.

The Patriots' achievements recently are definitely to be respected but the AFC is far inferior to the NFC in terms of quality imo.

No offence to fans of the Dolphins, Bills and Jets but the Pats division is utter shit meaning they are certs for the playoffs

Compare that to the NFC South where you have the Saints, Falcons and Panthers. Tampa aren't the worst team either.
It was only back in 2014 the Panthers won that division with a 7-8-1 record, if the Patriots were in the NFC I don't think things would be too different.

I remember thinking that about Green Bay and Brett Favre. Surely his backup can’t be that good........

Aaron Rodgers learned a lot from Brett Favre and we have been very fortunate that we have ended up with a better QB than Brett was. The patriots have just traded the guy who worked under Brady trained with him learned from him and as you can see right away the 49ERS reaped the reward

Telling you trading him will be a huge error on their behalf

All this Patriots hate is purely driven from bitterness and jealousy. It really is pathetic and people need to educate themselves and enjoy the brilliance we are lucky enough to be witnessing in our lifetimes.

Referring Decisions: The Patriots have as many bad calls go against them but they are never highlighted because the Patriots usually still manage to win the game. Classic example is in the latest game against Pittsburgh were all the focus was on the Steelers TE not surviving the ground in the end zone. Earlier in the game, on the TD catch by Eli Rogers their was several Steeler offensive lineman downfield and the play should have been called back and penalty on Pittsburgh. However this is never mentioned. Why?, because it doesn't fit the agenda of course. https://theundefeated.com/features/steelers-patriots-game-shouldnt-have-been-that-close/

Spygate: Most people bang on about this simply because its the en vogue go-to cheater allegation. Most people go on about and they don't even know what it was the Patriots did wrong. Most people think that the Patriots got done for videoing the other team and getting an advantage. If that was the case, fair enough. At the time, all NFL teams were permitted to, and did, video the other team during games using cameras high in the stand from side and from behind the goal posts. Every time did this and it's how they scout each other. The crime the Patriots commited was that they had an additional hand held camera at ground level on their sideline. So they were getting nothing that anyone else had, just a different angle. Several Head Coaches at the time have said that many teams were doing this and it wasn't an advantage so they stopped. http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate

Deflatgate: Again, an absolute non-story, dragged on and on by Goodell and the NFL (who remember love the Patriots and ensure they win games), Brady got a 4 game ban, Belichick was cleared of any involvement (but that's conveniently ignored) and the best the NFL could come up with was that Tom Brady "probably aware" the balls being below the legal limit. What people don't know is that the balls weren't all below the limit, they were tested using different gauges (before the game and at halftime when the refs were made aware of the claim) and the two gauges were later proved to show different readings for the same ball indicating that they weren't calibrated properly. https://www.drmorgentaler.com/commentaries/deflategate-scandal

As for the other claims above like Brady salary, I don't even know what the claim is. The fact he is prepared to take the 17th highest salary of NFL QBs just shows he is more interested in winning than being the best paid player in the league. He is still paid amazing well and knows his success with NE makes him more viable to become as rich as he wants through marketing and endorsements. He is happy, he's a team guy. When you see the like Lev Bell insisting on being the highest paid RB in the league and if the gets franchised he retires then you see the source of the problems the Steelers have. You simply cant pay people top dollar and expect to compete year in, year out. That's why Bill ships out star players when he feels they are starting to tail off or are making huge salary demands like Drew Bledsoe, Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Dion Branch, Adam Vinateri, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, Lawrence Maroney, Logan Mankins, Wes Welker, Shane Vereen, Aqib Talib, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, etc, etc. Basically, if Bill thinks he can get a hungry young player at 50% of the cost, that he can coach up then he will take that player over the star every time.

When your grandkids ask what it was like being lucky enough to be alive during this incredible era, you don't want to reflect and say "not sure kid, I spend the whole 20 years whinging like a baby".

To get some in depth information on how the organisation operates and to fully understand the level of professionalism and preparation I would suggest reading the books "Patriots Reign" and "War Room" by Michael Holley. Both go inside the organisation and give a great insight into how Bill Belichick created the dynasty. Do a bit of google research into name "Ernie Adams", a key cog in the operation who nobody has really heard of. When he worked with Belichick at Cleveland, Art Modell famously was quoted to say "I'll give anyone here $20,000 if they can tell me what Ernie Adams does". There are many elements of the Patriots that set them apart from the rest of the NFL and other teams in world sport, but cheating isn’t one of them. This dynasty will likely not last much longer (maybe it will) so take the chance to embrace, acknowledge and appreciate what is being done. You’ll probably never see the likes of it again.

All this Patriots hate is purely driven from bitterness and jealousy. It really is pathetic and people need to educate themselves and enjoy the brilliance we are lucky enough to be witnessing in our lifetimes.

Referring Decisions: The Patriots have as many bad calls go against them but they are never highlighted because the Patriots usually still manage to win the game. Classic example is in the latest game against Pittsburgh. On the TD catch by Eli Rogers their was several Steeler offensive lineman downfield and the play should have been called back and penalty on Pittsburgh. However this is never mentioned. Why?, because it doesn't fit the agenda of course. https://theundefeated.com/features/steelers-patriots-game-shouldnt-have-been-that-close/

Spygate: Most people bang on about this simply because its the en vogue go-to cheater allegation. Most people go on about and they don't even know what it was the Patriots did wrong. Most people think that the Patriots got done for videoing the other team and getting an advantage. If that was the case, fair enough. At the time, all NFL teams were permitted to, and did, video the other team during games using cameras high in the stand from side and from behind the goal posts. Every time did this and it's how they scout each other. The crime the Patriots commited was that they had an additional hand held camera at ground level on their sideline. So they were getting nothing that anyone else had, just a different angle. Several Head Coaches at the time have said that many teams were doing this and it wasn't an advantage so they stopped. http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate

Deflatgate: Again, an absolute non-story, dragged on and on by Goodell and the NFL (who remember love the Patriots and ensure they win games), Brady got a 4 game ban, Belichick was cleared of any involvement (but that's conveniently ignored) and the best the NFL could come up with was that Tom Brady "probably aware" the balls being below the legal limit. What people don't know is that the balls weren't all below the limit, they were tested using different gauges (before the game and at halftime when the refs were made aware of the claim) and the two gauges were later proved to show different readings for the same ball indicating that they weren't calibrated properly. https://www.drmorgentaler.com/commentaries/deflategate-scandal

As for the other claims above like Brady salary, I don't even know what the claim is. The fact he is prepared to take the 17th highest salary of NFL QBs just shows he is more interested in winning than being the best paid player in the league. He is still paid amazing well and knows his success with NE makes him more viable to become as rich as he wants through marketing and endorsements. He is happy, he's a team guy. When you see the like Lev Bell insisting on being the highest paid RB in the league and if the gets franchised he retires then you see the source of the problems the Steelers have. You simply cant pay people top dollar and expect to compete year in, year out. That's why Bill ships out star players when he feels they are starting to tail off or are making huge salary demands like Drew Bledsoe, Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Dion Branch, Adam Vinateri, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, Lawrence Maroney, Logan Mankins, Wes Welker, Shane Vereen, Aqib Talib, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, etc, etc. Basically, if Bill thinks he can get a hungry young player at 50% of the cost, that he can coach up then he will take that player over the star every time.

When your grandkids ask what it was like being lucky enough to be alive during this incredible era, you don't want to reflect and say "not sure kid, I spend the whole 20 years whinging like a baby".

To get some in depth information on how the organisation operates and to fully understand the level of professionalism and preparation I would suggest reading the books "Patriots Reign" and "War Room" by Michael Holley. Both go inside the organisation and give a great insight into how Bill Belichick created the dynasty. Do a bit of google research into name "Ernie Adams", a key cog in the operation who nobody has really heard of. When he worked with Belichick at Cleveland, Art Modell famously was quoted to say "I'll give anyone here $20,000 if they can tell me what Ernie Adams does". There are many elements of the Patriots that set them apart from the rest of the NFL and other teams in world sport, but cheating isn’t one of them. This dynasty will likely not last much longer (maybe it will) so take the chance to embrace, acknowledge and appreciate what is being done. You’ll probably never see the likes of it again.

Did not read, Patriots are wankers.

Did not read, Patriots are wankers.

My point entirely.

No offence to fans of the Dolphins, Bills and Jets but the Pats division is utter shit meaning they are certs for the playoffs

Its been 17 years. Almost every other team in the NFL has won its division or competed in the playoffs for a period during that time (Brown excepted of course). Success in the league is cyclical and its set up for parity through Free Agency and the structure of the Draft. That's what makes this so special. Its not that the Bills, Jets or Dolphins are "utter shit", its just that the Patriots have been so dominant. It should be impossible for an NFL team to to be so dominant, not only in its division but in the league as a whole. It's true sporting greatness.

Last edited:
As a dolphin i take ex.....

Nope you're right.
Infairness generally a second team from the AFC east makes the play offs but I think the biggest competition they've had in the last 17 year is the Jets with Mark Sanchez as QB. Saying that I'm sure I read a stat that says the Pats have a better record v the rest of the NFL than they do against AFC East teams.

Infairness generally a second team from the AFC east makes the play offs but I think the biggest competition they've had in the last 17 year is the Jets with Mark Sanchez as QB. Saying that I'm sure I read a stat that says the Pats have a better record v the rest of the NFL than they do against AFC East teams.

I honestly think if tannehill had been fit we may have run them close this year. Not saying the division title but I reckon we were/Are heading in the right direction and have a good coach in gase. Next year, always next year

Last edited:
Its been 17 years. Almost every other team in the NFL has won its division or competed in the playoffs for a period during that time (Brown excepted of course). Success in the league is cyclical and its set up for parity through Free Agency and the structure of the Draft. That's what makes this so special. Its not that the Bills, Jets or Dolphins are "utter shit", its just that the Patriots have been so dominant. It should be impossible for an NFL team to to be so dominant, not only in its division but in the league as a whole. It's true sporting greatness.

Agreed. To say the AFC East is terrible ignores a couple of points - the teams know each other inside out in your own division. The Pats always get tough games against those teams because they are grudge games, the opposition want to get one over or them, and they are so familiar with each other's games. The Dolphins may be "utter shit" but at home they have a winning record against the Brady/Belichick era Patriots. Not many teams can claim that. The Bills made it to the playoffs and weren't exactly humbled away at the team that almost beat the Patriots in the AFCCG. To dominate like they have isn't as easy to disregard as some do.

Aaron Rodgers learned a lot from Brett Favre and we have been very fortunate that we have ended up with a better QB than Brett was. The patriots have just traded the guy who worked under Brady trained with him learned from him and as you can see right away the 49ERS reaped the reward

Telling you trading him will be a huge error on their behalf

They had no real choice but to trade him, he is out of contract.

They had no real choice but to trade him, he is out of contract.

Yes I know im just saying failure to give him guarantees to be the number 1 QB will come back to haunt them. Brady will only have 1 more year in him imo as you could even see this year hes slowing down and seems to have taken a lot more hits this year

He cant go on forever and I know Garropolo wanted to be number 1 somewhere but the decisions to not renew will be costly. Who are thye going to get or draft as his successor it has to be huge, only 1 that comes to mind is Sam Darnold at USC but he will be gone by time Pats get their pick

Yes I know im just saying failure to give him guarantees to be the number 1 QB will come back to haunt them. Brady will only have 1 more year in him imo as you could even see this year hes slowing down and seems to have taken a lot more hits this year

He cant go on forever and I know Garropolo wanted to be number 1 somewhere but the decisions to not renew will be costly. Who are thye going to get or draft as his successor it has to be huge, only 1 that comes to mind is Sam Darnold at USC but he will be gone by time Pats get their pick

Totally agree that he was perfect to be next in line and do a Favre - Rodgers, Montana - Young thing. In the long term it may have been better for the Pats if Brady had looked finished this season, the way Manning did in his last season with the Broncos. Oh well, I guess they'll have to settle for another Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back