NFL 2017

Well. I’m in no rush to drink again in a hurry :neutral::lol:

Firstly, fair play to the Jags. Along with the Bills, I expect they will be back next season and challenging at the top of the AFC. Had we lost last night, I probably would have cheered ‘London’s team’ against the Eagles.

Although the Eagles will be tough, Brady and Co will be delighted that the Vikings missed out.

We do all however have to brace ourselves for NFLUK going into overdrive about Jay. :lol: It might be mentioned one or twice he was born in the uk

Some bad footage on Twitter of Eagles fans chucking beer cans and bottles at Vikings fans like.

Not a shock really. Remember this is the fan base which gave Wentz a rough time when he joined.

Last edited:

I started supporting them in 1983. Hope that's okay. Get in you beauty, WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL (AGAIN), BABY!!!

How did the Rams do last night?
Well aye, that's a good 17 years before they became what they are, no-one could have accused you of being a glory supporter for that period

Well aye, that's a good 17 years before they became what they are, no-one could have accused you of being a glory supporter for that period

Aye, I played Wide Receiver for Gateshead and Washington back in the day. I bought this NFL Films video on receivers called "Gift of Grab" and Raymond Berry (Patriots coach at the time) was one of my idols as an amazing receiver on that video. My heroes for the Patriots at that time were Stanley Morgan and Andre Tippett. Great times.

Well. I’m in no rush to drink again in a hurry :neutral::lol:

Firstly, fair play to the Jags. Along with the Bills, I expect they will be back next season and challenging at the top of the AFC. Had we lost last night, I probably would have cheered ‘London’s team’ against the Eagles.

Although the Eagles will be tough, Brady and Co will be delighted that the Vikings missed out.

We do all however have to brace ourselves for NFLUK going into overdrive about Jay. :lol: It might be mentioned one or twice he was born in the uk

Not a shock really. Remember this is the fan base which gave Wentz a rough time when he joined.
Jags bottled it tbh. Took a knee with 55 seconds left in the first half, straight up declined the chance for points against a team with a far stronger and reliable offence than their own. Didn't attempt to convert a 4th down until they were behind. They were 4th and 1 at one point and punted. If ever there's time to take risks it's in a tight play off game as the underdogs surely.

Really questionable decision making. Coaching team didn't back their guys when it mattered.

Aye, I played Wide Receiver for Gateshead and Washington back in the day. I bought this NFL Films video on receivers called "Gift of Grab" and Raymond Berry (Patriots coach at the time) was one of my idols as an amazing receiver on that video. My heroes for the Patriots at that time were Stanley Morgan and Andre Tippett. Great times.

Colts Legend

The pats do enough to win and the hatred they receive is ridiculous imo.

I'm a pats fan, been so, since they were demolished by my other team the bears in 1985

Now back to yesterday, the jags were superb early, as they did v the Steelers, but as in that game, they are susceptible to big plays, which the Steelers showed and the pats took advantage of.

I actually feel the eagles have possibly the best chance of dethroning the pats with their three man running back combo, two outstanding wide receivers and Zach ertz.

Will be difficult for the pats to close them all down and I think we will see a Superbowl, where who has the ball last wins.

Obviously I expect the pats to win but it would be no surprise at all, if the eagles do it.

I'm a pats fan, been so, since they were demolished by my other team the bears in 1985

Now back to yesterday, the jags were superb early, as they did v the Steelers, but as in that game, they are susceptible to big plays, which the Steelers showed and the pats took advantage of.

I actually feel the eagles have possibly the best chance of dethroning the pats with their three man running back combo, two outstanding wide receivers and Zach ertz.

Will be difficult for the pats to close them all down and I think we will see a Superbowl, where who has the ball last wins.

Obviously I expect the pats to win but it would be no surprise at all, if the eagles do it.

So you're a Bears fan?

So you're a Bears fan?
Chose to go with a team from both conferences

Bears NFC
Pats AFC

Been that since 1984. Though when I eventually get to Canada I'm hoping to get to a pats game, as my son lives just over the border from them.

I have taken a bit of abuse on Facebook recently because I’m a Pats fan. Apparently I am “glory hunter” etc etc :lol:. I now just ignore it.

I must admit mind, I’m on a couple of FB Pats groups and it’s not hard to see why we take so much stick. Some of the comments are very similar to what you would see on a Man Utd fans page.

Re: the superbowl.....

If I had the choice of the Eagles or Vikings, I’d pick the Eagles every time. They are a good team - and I’m expecting a physically tough game - but we should be able to see them off. I really didn’t fancy playing the Vikings D

It will however be a very tight game.

Anyone ever been too a game in America, I’m 40 in September, thinking about an America holiday and go to a game, probably a New York one, can you actually get tickets ?

I have taken a bit of abuse on Facebook recently because I’m a Pats fan. Apparently I am “glory hunter” etc etc :lol:. I now just ignore it.

I must admit mind, I’m on a couple of FB Pats groups and it’s not hard to see why we take so much stick. Some of the comments are very similar to what you would see on a Man Utd fans page.

If I had the choice of the Eagles or Vikings, I’d pick the Eagles every time. They are a good team - and I’m expecting a physically tough game - but we should be able to see them off. I really didn’t fancy playing the Vikings D

One day I'll be on here and hopefully called a glory hunter when the dolphins win the superbowl for the 5th time in a row.

Granted I'll be too old to remember it

Agreed. Will be interesting to see if gronk is available??

What gets me, everytime the pats get to this stage, how players who have been quiet for weeks, are targeted and contribute to the win. Amendola has hardly been seen scoring TDs for weeks and there he is, getting two big ones

Then the lad in defence, pulls out a truly stunning block to finish the game.

As for Brady, how people fail to appreciate what they are seeing with him, amazes me. The man is a genius at what he does

Anyone ever been too a game in America, I’m 40 in September, thinking about an America holiday and go to a game, probably a New York one, can you actually get tickets ?
I think @scott934 gets to Lambeau Field a bit

Agreed. Will be interesting to see if gronk is available??

What gets me, everytime the pats get to this stage, how players who have been quiet for weeks, are targeted and contribute to the win. Amendola has hardly been seen scoring TDs for weeks and there he is, getting two big ones

Then the lad in defence, pulls out a truly stunning block to finish the game.

As for Brady, how people fail to appreciate what they are seeing with him, amazes me. The man is a genius at what he does

I think @scott934 gets to Lambeau Field a bit

Cheers, you can actually book package holidays that include game tickets

Cheers, you can actually book package holidays that include game tickets
Some lads on here have been to America or are in America and attend. Just keep an eye on the thread or read back a bit as I'm sure there has been a chat on here about going to games over there

Yes, you can get tickets. Easiest way for a single game is usually StubHub, as the league's television contract forces teams to go to all sorts of lengths to pretend their games are sold out. In reality, it's pretty easy to get tickets for most teams (although the tickets are laughably expensive), and the worse the team is, generally the easier the ticket. Be forewarned with New York that neither team plays in New York - both play in a stadium that's well out in New Jersey, but it's not too hard to get there.

Yes, you can get tickets. Easiest way for a single game is usually StubHub, as the league's television contract forces teams to go to all sorts of lengths to pretend their games are sold out. In reality, it's pretty easy to get tickets for most teams (although the tickets are laughably expensive), and the worse the team is, generally the easier the ticket. Be forewarned with New York that neither team plays in New York - both play in a stadium that's well out in New Jersey, but it's not too hard to get there.

Cheers mate

Went to New York in November and saw the Jets play. Ridiculously easy to get to Metlife stadium, couple of trains or even just a short bus trek. It's over the river and in New Jersey but it really isn't much of a trek.

Depends on what game you go to in terms if prices, but tickets are easy to get. If it's New York you to go, the Jets will be a much cheaper ticket than Giants as they're the smaller franchise, although the opposition will make a difference to price. I got a ticket for a game against the Panthers for about $33 in November. Reckon if it was a Giants week you were there it'd be $100 upwards.

It'a definitely class mate and well worth doing, I loved it and hope that at some point in next few years I'll get back out to see one (maybes one of the Florida teams)

Back