NFL 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somehow managed to fluke my way to winning my league last year. Didn't know the SMB did NFL as well as PL FF.

been watching a bit of CFL on bt.

can't get my head around all the movement prior to the snap

just looks like illegal formation/motion and offside every down

by am i missing my redzone fix

is this a free to enter fantasy league?

might have a go if it is

Fantasy leagues open boys, we redoing leagues again this year?

Count me in for the leagues (already in RB & Masters). I especially would like to beat @Steak Pie in the SMB NFL Masters leagues this year :cool:

On another note while this thread has popped up, decided to say bugger it and take a trip across the pond for my first visit to see the Ravens at home. Seeing us vs the Dolphins for Thursday Night Football in October at M&T :)

is this a free to enter fantasy league?

might have a go if it is

It certainly is buddy, still plenty time to gauge numbers of whose entering/dropped out etc to sort it though. If any do for the leagues i'm in i'll mention you as possibitlity

Count me in for the leagues (already in RB & Masters). I especially would like to beat @Steak Pie in the SMB NFL Masters leagues this year :cool:

On another note while this thread has popped up, decided to say bugger it and take a trip across the pond for my first visit to see the Ravens at home. Seeing us vs the Dolphins for Thursday Night Football in October at M&T :)

It certainly is buddy, still plenty time to gauge numbers of whose entering/dropped out etc to sort it though. If any do for the leagues i'm in i'll mention you as possibitlity

Fantastic. I went to Packers @ Ravens in 2013. Great tailgating at the nearby Ravens Walk, I'm sure it starts under a massive bridge, with a Wembley Way style walk to the stadium.

Also it was maybe the best crowd (alongside Lambeau) I'd witnessed at an NFL game, very loud. Can only imagine that will get even better with a prime time game.

There's some decent sports bars IIRC between the MLB and NFL stadiums which is a very short walk, definitely worth a look.

As we were walking to the stadium I noticed a crowd of Packer fans building outside a Marriott hotel. We stayed for 5 minutes and the whole team (including coaches and GM) start coming out and getting on the coach for what must have been a 2 minute journey.

Logon or register to see this image

Randall Cobb and Aaron Rodgers.

Fantastic. I went to Packers @ Ravens in 2013. Great tailgating at the nearby Ravens Walk, I'm sure it starts under a massive bridge, with a Wembley Way style walk to the stadium.

Also it was maybe the best crowd (alongside Lambeau) I'd witnessed at an NFL game, very loud. Can only imagine that will get even better with a prime time game.

There's some decent sports bars IIRC between the MLB and NFL stadiums which is a very short walk, definitely worth a look.

As we were walking to the stadium I noticed a crowd of Packer fans building outside a Marriott hotel. We stayed for 5 minutes and the whole team (including coaches and GM) start coming out and getting on the coach for what must have been a 2 minute journey.

Randall Cobb and Aaron Rodgers.

To say i'm a bit excited is an understatement tbh :lol: ... Will be the first time i've been to a game across there and with it being my team, at home, in a primetime slot, its hopefully going to be a bit special!

Appreciate the tips though and i'll definietly be making the most of the sports bars to soak up as much as i can leading up to it. Did you stay there for the game btw? Not sorted a hotel out yet, just flight + match tickets, so any recommendations if you did would be grand.

If there's a good number of people interested, rather than have multiple leagues within this thread would it be worth having one main league of up to 20 people? Or would the current league owners (used to setting up leagues) think up to 20 in one league is a bit too many? Reason i mention this is that its the maximum NFL.com allow

Many have tried, all have failed. :)

If there's a good number of people interested, rather than have multiple leagues within this thread would it be worth having one main league of up to 20 people? Or would the current league owners (used to setting up leagues) think up to 20 in one league is a bit too many? Reason i mention this is that its the maximum NFL.com allow

Problem with 20 team leagues is that you get a lot of dead wood and most weeks you get someone who can't field a QB, 12 is the maximum playable IMO.

Presumably the SMB Masters, WHED Memorial, RB By Commitee and Super Blep 47 leagues will be up again next season, @SedgefieldMackem is the LM of at least two of them.

Last edited:
Many have tried, all have failed. :)

Problem with 20 team leagues is that you get a lot of dead wood and most weeks you get someone who can't field a QB, 12 is the maximum playable IMO.

Presumably the SMB Masters, WHED Memorial, RB By Commitee and Super Blep 47 leagues will be up again next season, @SedgefieldMackem is the LM of at least two of them.

That makes absolute sense buddy. I mean personally, i'm happy with the two i'm in as mentioned earlier, however when i seen a lot of people interested i was just curious to see thoughts if a 20 team would work. The QB situation alone wouldn't make it worthwhile as you've said.

That makes absolute sense buddy. I mean personally, i'm happy with the two i'm in as mentioned earlier, however when i seen a lot of people interested i was just curious to see thoughts if a 20 team would work. The QB situation alone wouldn't make it worthwhile as you've said.

Once the players who didn't login last season are culled there'll be spaces, plus we can always set up another couple. Won't be sorted until a couple of weeks before the season starts.

To say i'm a bit excited is an understatement tbh :lol: ... Will be the first time i've been to a game across there and with it being my team, at home, in a primetime slot, its hopefully going to be a bit special!

Appreciate the tips though and i'll definietly be making the most of the sports bars to soak up as much as i can leading up to it. Did you stay there for the game btw? Not sorted a hotel out yet, just flight + match tickets, so any recommendations if you did would be grand.

You're gonna love it mate, just make sure you do the whole tailgate thing.

We stayed in Washington DC and just got the Amtrak train to Baltimore in the morning and went back on the laat train, so sorry I have no idea about hotels. The Packers stayed at the Marriot so that must be decent!

The Harbour seemed to have loads going on, shops, bars, restaurant, lots of tourists. We did see some young lads steal an iPad there from an Asian family using it as a camera like, but it never felt unsafe.

Class that mate, I follow the patriots (I honestly didn't mean to be a glory hunter, they had England in their name :lol: )

But going to see jaguars vs the rams in Jacksonville in November, can't wait for that :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back