Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why that's relevant. Do you mean we couldn't try to play football because of the opposition?

It's worse than I thought if Wycombe are dictating how we play.
I think Wycombe do dictate how people play. They are horrible but hard to play against. Not saying we played.well enough but appointing so late was dire and set us up to fail. We’d have been better off appointing today.

You can’t judge he’s going to be a failure here without taking into account everything else that influenced his previous management stints, the context in which he was operating.

Based on your argument Howard Wilkinson should have been the best appointment of my lifetime.With the likes of Bob Stokoe the worst... yet it’s Stokoe with a statue.

Your being irrational mate, at least wait a few games before you kick start your agenda.

Weird you should bring up Wilko. We all knew that was a disaster deep down but we fed ourselves the crap about how he might do OK in order to cope with it.

We know how that turned out and I'm convinced this will be the same scenario. There is a reason so many were massively disappointed to even hear him linked to the job and why no one was doing cartwheels.
I think Wycombe do dictate how people play. They are horrible but hard to play against. Not saying we played.well enough but appointing so late was dire and set us up to fail. We’d have been better off appointing today.

I don't think it's going to be any different in other games though. That's Parkinson. It's what he does and he will admit as much.

We have looked our best in this league when we try to get the creative players on the ball and pass around teams. Our problem is we had them shackled too often trying to win 1-0. Why we have pointed a manger who will make us less attacking and creative is beyond me.

Last edited:
But it doesn’t matter. None of this matters. He’s here, he won’t be sacked until at least end of the season.

so all you can do is support the team. If we play poorly, be critical. If we win, be happy.

IF, he turns out to be as bad as you think, then well done, we shall all bow down to your superior foresight.

until then, give the bloke a f***ing chance!

I don’t condone any abuse or threats whatsoever and that plum who made a comment to Flanagan shows we have some right arseholes. . It’s right that we ask him questions though when we’re getting free transfer players not good enough to play. We have a poor squad of first team players and an academy not fit for purpose and we’re a football club. I think they’re making a hash of it football wise and I can only see progress on saleability. So it’s right they have some scrutiny. I hope they turn it around for the benefit of stability but I’m questioning their intentions.

your in the conspiracy theorist group for me.
there are 3 groups.
The Mafia... media, mags and other agenda holders determined to stop this club at all costs and keep us where we are.
The Conspiracy Theorists .... can’t believe anything anybody at the club does is genuine.
Normal Fans... challenge thought process, tactics, strategy, comment on what they can see and know. Are grateful for the owner being open and transparent as it means we know more. Generally are supportive but keep things in perspective taking account of context.

Yes he has and if choosing that starting 11 not creating 1 shot on target till 87 mins and playing worse than we ever did in Jack Ross he has confirmed my fears that yes he will be a f***ing shite manager
Do you not think the coaches were gearing the team up from Monday onwards with how the team will shape up, tactics etc or do you think that only happens on a Friday?

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.
What I found galling was the quote in the club press release announcing his appointment " Phil Parkinson , has had a 16yr career in management "LITTERED WITH ACCOLADES " ???????

there are 3 groups.
The Mafia... media, mags and other agenda holders determined to stop this club at all costs and keep us where we are.
The Conspiracy Theorists .... can’t believe anything anybody at the club does is genuine.
Normal Fans... challenge thought process, tactics, strategy, comment on what they can see and know. Are grateful for the owner being open and transparent as it means we know more. Generally are supportive but keep things in perspective taking account of context.

You missed the group who will put up with absolutely anything. Or rather, you didn't miss them, they're a decent sized chunk of what you rather kindly call "normal fans".

I've been supportive of the owners since they arrived, tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, until the day they appointed this knacker. I can't be accused of always thinking the worst. I've assessed their performance and decided it's not good enough.

Not everyone who criticizes the club or it's current incumbent has an agenda.

Weird you should bring up Wilko. We all knew that was a disaster deep down but we fed ourselves the crap about how he might do OK in order to cope with it.

We know how that turned out and I'm convinced this will be the same scenario. There is a reason so many were massively disappointed to even hear him linked to the job and why no one was doing cartwheels.

I don't think it's going to be any different in other games though. That's Parkinson. It's what he does and he will admit as much.

We have looked our best in this league when we try to get the creative players on the ball and pass around teams. Our problem is we had them shackled too often trying to win 1-0. Why we have pointed a manger who will make us less attacking and creative is beyond me.

based on history ie the clubs history, in all probability you will be right. Most of us as supporters would prefer just to give the lad a chance, because to turn on him is an absolute guarrentee of failure.
Support your club man ... it’s to easy to be a doom merchant just to easy.

What I found galling was the quote in the club press release announcing his appointment " Phil Parkinson , has had a 16yr career in management "LITTERED WITH ACCOLADES " ???????

Perhaps they meant "Phil Parkinson's career is rubbish."

there are 3 groups.
Bollocks. So because I don’t just agree with you and say Donald’s a hero I’m a conspiracy theorist? Utter crap. What I see is this ... little investment in players, recruitment, scouting = football. Dire commitment to the under performing academy. Talk about how the books are in good condition and we are debt free = sales talk = personal gain. What I’d like to see are signs of a positive investment in football at all levels of the club including a football man making football decisions. It will cost but it will cost us not to. We’re a mid table division one side with a bigger than usual infrastructure. We have to get promoted. Until we see that we have a business manager only in charge of a football club and we need to address that balance.

I’d rather find out why Hill & Coton are still there and why they helped with the search for a new manager. Both are clearly only there because of their personal relationships with Stewy and Charlie
Spot on. They should be replaced, but Donald won't replace his dependable yes men.

We missed out on promotion by one match last year. Let's not pretend we were miles off it happening.

This year we've not looked the part and so the owners sacked the manager, like the vast majority wanted him to do.

The "plan" that you say you can't see any signs of is clear as day to me. They're trying to bring in very wealthy investors so that they can give the fans what they want! HANG THEM NOW!

The "coherent direction" that you say you see no evidence of seems obvious to me: steady the ship, stop the freefall we were in, get the club self-sufficient instead of hemorrhaging money the way it was so that investors will find us more appealing, bring in investors, move onward and upwards.

The decisions that will benefit us long term that you say we don't have are exactly those that I just described.

You're allowing yourself to be blinded by your rage at our results. You're failing to see the all the many good things the owners are doing just because the footballing aspect hasn't gone completely to plan yet.

Patience will be rewarded in most aspects of life. Impatience will hound out not only these owners but any potential owners in the future. The same with managers and players. Who the hell would want to own, manage or play for a club where there are so many fans standing with their pitchforks out during the press conference announcing the owner/manager/player's arrival?
That’s pure koolaid stuff marra. There are no signs whatsoever of progress on the pitch. That’s what matters. Your answer to every sign of poor performances is to say that they’re trying to find billionaires to bail them out of the shite? That’s extremely weak. What happens when they mismanage things like they have so far on the pitch? What happens when they continue with bad, directionless recruitment like will Grigg and the rest? I’m not blinded by anything. I’ve got a better grasp on what is going right and wrong at the club than most tbh. That much is fairly evident from the fan discourse on here over the past 15 months. I’d love for them to turn their success on the financial side into success where it matters but they simply don’t a e the ability. That much is clear from all that they’ve said - and more importantly all that they’ve done - to date

You missed the group who will put up with absolutely anything. Or rather, you didn't miss them, they're a decent sized chunk of what you rather kindly call "normal fans".

I've been supportive of the owners since they arrived, tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, until the day they appointed this knacker. I can't be accused of always thinking the worst. I've assessed their performance and decided it's not good enough.

Not everyone who criticizes the club or it's current incumbent has an agenda.

i will give you a like. You are probably right, but that’s not a weakness. There is nothing rational about supporting a football team, a team that you only follow because your dad did and your granddad did before that , turning out in all weathers, hanging on every bit of news in the paper as you did in the old days, spending countless unproductive hours on here ... yes blind faith is part of being a fan to an extent and if the love of it is enough for many good for them. They have other pressing responsibilities such as families, jobs, health and following their team is the only escape they have.
So yes there is a fourth category and there is nothing wrong with them

Phillips at least "might" be good. Parkinson is 100% bonafide mediocrity.

Ainsworth has little old Wycombe giving us a lesson and sitting in second.

Stendel won promotion just last season, ahead of us.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to give Parky the gig other than he's desperate and won't cost much or cause a fuss.
Didn't the Don state " he was "the outstanding Candidate"??????

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.

I've passed Donald and Methven (never together) on a number of occasions whilst on my way out down to the main entrance after the match, what should I ask them if / when we next pass one another?

Bollocks. So because I don’t just agree with you and say Donald’s a hero I’m a conspiracy theorist? Utter crap. What I see is this ... little investment in players, recruitment, scouting = football. Dire commitment to the under performing academy. Talk about how the books are in good condition and we are debt free = sales talk = personal gain. What I’d like to see are signs of a positive investment in football at all levels of the club including a football man making football decisions. It will cost but it will cost us not to. We’re a mid table division one side with a bigger than usual infrastructure. We have to get promoted. Until we see that we have a business manager only in charge of a football club and we need to address that balance.

you might be surprised to hear I agree with most of that, the only difference is I know you can’t effectively do all this in 18 months. I know you have to cut everything back to the bone and then start building again.The other option was to be put into administration and effectively go through the same process of living within your cash flow and football regulations

i will give you a like. You are probably right, but that’s not a weakness. There is nothing rational about supporting a football team, a team that you only follow because your dad did and your granddad did before that , turning out in all weathers, hanging on every bit of news in the paper as you did in the old days, spending countless unproductive hours on here ... yes blind faith is part of being a fan to an extent and if the love of it is enough for many good for them. They have other pressing responsibilities such as families, jobs, health and following their team is the only escape they have.
So yes there is a fourth category and there is nothing wrong with them

If that's the case then I could make the same argument for those who won't just swallow any old rubbish. They're supporters who care about their team and it's success on the pitch matters to them so they won't accept excuses if the people charged with delivering it aren't up to scratch or aren't being honest and up front.
Some think blind faith will make the difference, others think intense scrutiny and voicing their opinion will.

The only thing we can be sure of it that all SAFC fans have been and continue to be, for the most part, short changed by owners over the last half century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back