Newcastle ufc (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're bottom half, we're over £100m in debt, we have a good manager, we're not happy because the owner hasn't provided the funds that he promised to Benitez, funds that wouldn't jeopardise our future at all as they're profits from transfers and some of the prize money for staying in the top flight and the money for being on tv more than most teams in the Premier League.

Apart from all of those inaccuracies your post was spot on. :lol:
at least you are open about your support for your team...not like the other bucknut posting on here

be proud of your support....dont be ashamed

We're bottom half, we're over £100m in debt, we have a good manager, we're not happy because the owner hasn't provided the funds that he promised to Benitez, funds that wouldn't jeopardise our future at all as they're profits from transfers and some of the prize money for staying in the top flight and the money for being on tv more than most teams in the Premier League.

Apart from all of those inaccuracies your post was spot on. :lol:
Most of the debt stems from the halcyon days of Freddie Shepherd throwing money around. You're lucky, you could have quite easily of ended up in League 1 with us

Most of the debt stems from the halcyon days of Freddie Shepherd throwing money around. You're lucky, you could have quite easily of ended up in League 1 with us

Except it doesn't. Keep trying. We're lucky we had Short, without him we wouldn't have had 10 consecutive years in the premiership and could be in the conference.

Last edited:

I've no problem with Ashley balancing the books are steering away from the stupid amounts of money we were throwing about before the bumper tv deals. However, right now, Newcastle United are one of the 20 or so richest clubs on the planet, we've a good manager, why not allow Benitez to spend what he brings in without trying to restrict him to under 26yr olds with sell on value again? Why get involved at all? Just let him get on with it.

I'd like my club run like an ambitious progressive football club;

Spend within your means to improve the squad year on year. Stagnation is as bad as decline so finishing 5th one year, mustn't be followed by a failure to address weaknesses in the squad.
Put money into the academy and the training facilities. Produce kids for the first team squad, or to be sold to finance future generations/first team purchases/facility upkeep.
Permit the depth of squad that will permit a go at the cups.

Literally everything you have just said, is genuinely happening. You're too busy wanking over the idea of having another go at Ashley to realise.

No it literally isn't.
He hasn't allowed Benitez to improve the squad year on year, he's shackled the manager.
He hasn't allowed strength in depth because he's not allowed Benitez to spend at a commensurate rate to similar clubs in the top flight.
Ashley has promised to improve the facilities and the youth system for nigh on a decade and yet, nothing's been done.

Would make my season if its announced on Sunday after we win that he has parted company with them the mags, would have a proper melt down

Would love it if we win Sunday and after final whistle it's announced rafa and Newcastle have parted ways would be incredible end to season imagine the meltdown we win promotion and they lose rafa

Would love it if we win Sunday and after final whistle it's announced rafa and Newcastle have parted ways would be incredible end to season imagine the meltdown we win promotion and they lose rafa
I could guarantee you that overnight he would become utter Shite and they wanted rid anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back