Newcastle ufc (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has he "clearly been backed by Ashley"? He hasn't had a lot of control over transfers, hasn't had a comparable budget to work with, and has a smaller wage bill than most.

He is will paid though.

How else would you like your club run?
Ashley has got the manager you want.
He backed him to the hilt after the relegation.
He doesn't have the wealth of the man City owners or abramovic, so the options you have are, run up debt like we did or live within your means, like he is doing.
You can't compete with the top 6, you are an average Premier league team. To even get close to the top 6 would cost a stupid sum.
Both benitez and Ashley are doing a good job for Newcastle in my eyes, one gets worshiped, the other painted as the devil, I'm not taking the piss, just curious how you think you should be run when the are so many examples of clubs who lived above their means, us, Leeds, Portsmouth etc.

He doesn't have the wealth of the man City owners or abramovic, so the options you have are, run up debt like we did or live within your means, like he is doing.
You can't compete with the top 6, you are an average Premier league team. To even get close to the top 6 would cost a stupid sum.
Both benitez and Ashley are doing a good job for Newcastle in my eyes, one gets worshiped, the other painted as the devil, I'm not taking the piss, just curious how you think you should be run when the are so many examples of clubs who lived above their means, us, Leeds, Portsmouth etc.

He want's every penny generated and no more lies.... probably forgets about other costs involved with running a club though.

The tit!

I'd like my club run like an ambitious progressive football club;

Spend within your means to improve the squad year on year. Stagnation is as bad as decline so finishing 5th one year, mustn't be followed by a failure to address weaknesses in the squad.
Put money into the academy and the training facilities. Produce kids for the first team squad, or to be sold to finance future generations/first team purchases/facility upkeep.
Permit the depth of squad that will permit a go at the cups.

Not a single Newcastle fan I know thinks that top 6 is attainable without either a phenomenal amount of money, or a phenomenal amount of luck. So talking about competing with Man City is totally pointless.

We're apparently one of the richest clubs on the planet (Deloitte list has us about 21st, I think), yet we're consistently spending comparatively fuck all. So there's a huge area between Man City's largesse and Ashley's parsimony.

You're wasting your time mate, they're thick as fuck. They still think it's 1996

You're wasting your time mate, they're thick as fuck. They still think it's 1996
Just curious, have any of the Newcastle fans who post on here said they're wanting top 6 finishes and all that? Are you stating that this is the consensus amongst the fanbase?

Orrrrrr is that the cartoon some of you lot magic up about Newcastle fans? Much the same as that section of Spurs fans who state all Chelsea fans are glory-hunting racists?

Just curious, have any of the Newcastle fans who post on here said they're wanting top 6 finishes and all that? Are you stating that this is the consensus amongst the fanbase?

Orrrrrr is that the cartoon some of you lot magic up about Newcastle fans? Much the same as that section of Spurs fans who state all Chelsea fans are glory-hunting racists?
You're mid table, in the black and have a big name manager yet you still throw your toys out of the pram cos the owner isn't prepared to jeopardize the future of the club by throwing silly money about. Your precious net spend is only so good because Ashley has done very well at getting top dollar for some of your players

You're mid table, in the black and have a big name manager yet you still throw your toys out of the pram cos the owner isn't prepared to jeopardize the future of the club by throwing silly money about. Your precious net spend is only so good because Ashley has done very well at getting top dollar for some of your players

In the black apart from the £100m+ of debt, that is. Another weirdo presenting lies as fact to support an incorrect argument

We're bottom half, we're over £100m in debt, we have a good manager, we're not happy because the owner hasn't provided the funds that he promised to Benitez, funds that wouldn't jeopardise our future at all as they're profits from transfers and some of the prize money for staying in the top flight and the money for being on tv more than most teams in the Premier League.

Apart from all of those inaccuracies your post was spot on. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back