Newcastle-The Land Of Milk & Honey.

I spend more time in Newcastle than sunderland due to the pots I piss in .

Gosforth is a beautiful place and would love there no problem.

The likes of Arthur’s Hill, Elswick are the pits. There’s nowhere in sunderland as rough as these places.
Find Gosforth overated tbh. Most kips seem to be terraced victorian. Whulst a good size, poor layout and no gardens. Parking is an absolute mare.

Find Gosforth overated tbh. Most kips seem to be terraced victorian. Whulst a good size, poor layout and no gardens. Parking is an absolute mare.
Aye this is a good point. You can say the same about Ashbrooke. Loads of nice houses and money to spare but there’s quite a few converted student gaffs and rented kips where the tenants don’t give a shit. Same with Jesmond and Heaton. The two cities are exactly the same but as I’ve said I don’t think there’s any places in Sunderland as bad as Byker and Cruddas Park. It’s crap and it needs sorting out. Some decent people in those places that take care of the area.

Aye I’ve seen inside them and I’ve seen the state of damp and the communal heating system. It’s permanently bodged up to keep it going. I think Karbon run that and the stand alone houses. Some decent people live in those as it’s all on offer to them and they’re on a never ending waiting list to get out of there.
.. Do they still get heating from the baths, think that's where ours came from though I wasn't paying the bills so didn't take much notice of those type of things .. Or is it that thing they built to burn rubbish or something? ..

.. Do they still get heating from the baths, think that's where ours came from though I wasn't paying the bills so didn't take much notice of those type of things .. Or is it that thing they built to burn rubbish or something? ..
I left NCC 2 years ago to go to the NHS which is possibly even worse :lol:

Karbon I think own the communal heating that runs the wall

Last edited:
Aye this is a good point. You can say the same about Ashbrooke. Loads of nice houses and money to spare but there’s quite a few converted student gaffs and rented kips where the tenants don’t give a shit. Same with Jesmond and Heaton. The two cities are exactly the same but as I’ve said I don’t think there’s any places in Sunderland as bad as Byker and Cruddas Park. It’s crap and it needs sorting out. Some decent people in those places that take care of the area.
Fuck them mate. Cowgate is the worst ive grafted in mind. Benwell needs a bomb on it. For every shithole in Sunderland, i could name 2 in Newcastle.

Maybes it's because I'm from Sunderland so I have that familiarity to comfort me, but I've walked around most of Sunderland at one point or another at all hours and never felt concerned.

I remember walking through Byker at 2 in the morning and I had my keys in my fist.

Like others have said though, any big city that has an affluent, bustling centre always has proper dodgy urban areas.
There isn't anywhere in North East I would be worried about walking around.

Exactly aye. It is very, very rare that a random bloke would be attacked for no reason.

It’s the nearest one. All aldis are the same man once you’re inside.
Eventually they are but the new one next door to MandS is a lot cleaner and the staff don’t shout at other over the tills

Back