Newcastle FC (Aug 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every year without fail they manage to go above and beyond their "achievements" of the previous year. Although it might be a while before they better the horse puncher.

C
According to Mag mates, one of whom had been going for over 40 years and worked there, the stadium needs something like £50 million spending on it. At the moment it's a never ending 'maintenance' schedule that can't go on forever.

A new owner can't ignore it and, because they don't own the land, they can't do a Man City or West Ham.

They're well and truly stuck there so have to pretend they don't actually want a modern stadium.
Concrete corrosion mate......fighting a losing battle

Remember that 'Two Tribes' program when Bobby Robson said he guarantees the derby result at SJP wouldn't be the same as the previous season. And it was. :lol:

Yes. Niall Quinn met him and found out he wasn’t getting to any games so invited him to Sunderland. He was a regular at the SOL thereafter, but could never face going back to St James’ I’m led to believe.
Seen Quinn helping him into the main entrance at the stadium of light not long before his passing, He looked very frail, It was sad to see.

C
Concrete corrosion mate......fighting a losing battle

So I believe.

I've even been told that, to carry out the work, they'd have to take the roof off the main stand :eek:

No wonder they keep putting it off. Apparently, as I was told by a layman, the problem is that the stadium isn't a bowl, ironic as the Mags use that as a boast. The wind, ripping under the roof, puts a huge strain on such a vertiginous structure and the concrete is ageing. Eventually the tiny cracks, around the fittings, will give way and become serious cracks. If that happens they'll be backed into a corner.

If Ashley is proved to have kept information away from buyers prospective or actual. Just like the HMRC investigation this is a massive time bomb waiting to explode.

So I believe.

I've even been told that, to carry out the work, they'd have to take the roof off the main stand :eek:

No wonder they keep putting it off. Apparently, as I was told by a layman, the problem is that the stadium isn't a bowl, ironic as the Mags use that as a boast. The wind, ripping under the roof, puts a huge strain on such a vertiginous structure and the concrete is ageing. Eventually the tiny cracks, around the fittings, will give way and become serious cracks. If that happens they'll be backed into a corner.

If Ashley is proved to have kept information away from buyers prospective or actual. Just like the HMRC investigation this is a massive time bomb waiting to explode.
I saw how bad it was in the first instance back in 2009. The corrosion of the steel reinforcement (exfoliation of the steel) was really bad then I suspect to high moisture content which a you say is due to weather. You are correct, it will eventually cause failure of the compression capacity/strength of the concrete surrounding the form work. That is visible now if you wander around anywhere in the ground. .. If nothing is done and it is major structural repair we are speaking off, In time the capacity of the ground will have to be reduced for safety reasons. As the council now own the ground (I believe) it will cost multi millions to repair, if it can be ,which I cannot see the council tax payer wishing to contribute too.

I saw how bad it was in the first instance back in 2009. The corrosion of the steel reinforcement (exfoliation of the steel) was really bad then I suspect to high moisture content which a you say is due to weather. You are correct, it will eventually cause failure of the compression capacity/strength of the concrete surrounding the form work. That is visible now if you wander around anywhere in the ground. .. If nothing is done and it is major structural repair we are speaking off, In time the capacity of the ground will have to be reduced for safety reasons. As the council now own the ground (I believe) it will cost multi millions to repair, if it can be ,which I cannot see the council tax payer wishing to contribute too.
As much as my initial reaction would be to laugh I don’t wish that on them. Who knows if there are any of these ticking time mobs in the SOL.

Oh I guarantee the council will foot the bill.

I remember they spent over 100k on protests about the sports direct arena name change.

I was livid. Cut 92% of the parks budget but would happily fund that shit tips refurb.

Nick Forbes the council leader is an even bigger bell end than the MP Chi.

As much as my initial reaction would be to laugh I don’t wish that on them. Who knows if there are any of these ticking time mobs in the SOL.
The scum are Just waiting for the Awab's marra..
Oh I guarantee the council will foot the bill.

I remember they spent over 100k on protests about the sports direct arena name change.

I was livid. Cut 92% of the parks budget but would happily fund that shit tips refurb.

Nick Forbes the council leader is an even bigger bell end than the MP Chi.
That was a minuscule amount compared to having to knock the landfill down mate.. City centre projects like what will be needed for sid james will cost ,at best guess going off what Spurs and Arsenal cost, will be in the hundred Million range....I think not. Divent worry ,the Awab man will fork out ,For sure. (a Brucie favourite saying)

Last edited:
Won't even need a roof if the current climate change continues anyway.

Top marks to Mike for future-proofing the club by ignoring regular maintenance on the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back