Newcastle Arena Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah was hoping Bowie would play some hits but it was mainly just self indulgent obscure stuff.

It was awful....highlighted the God awful sound of the place

We were sitting near 2 women who wildly applauded every song which highlighted the status of the bloke...he was shite that night

It also needs a much higher capacity than the current Arena as that is simply too small to be economically viable - or so I've read that Bands are saying, which is why they don't use it.

I know it was too small for even Comic Con a couple of years ago.

Its only a bit smaller than leeds and about the same as glasgow. Most of the times ive been there it hasnt sold out anyway. The north east has a smaller catchment area which is the real reason they dont come. Leeds or manchester will always get picked for the dates in the north. Even bands that only play the o2 academies will quite often miss out the north east which blows your size argument. Hopefully it will attract a few more if its a purpose built venue

12500 capacity seems a bit small if the venue wants to compete with Leeds arena

Leeds is a bigger city with larger catchment area. Leeds would always be picked ahead regardless of size for most acts. As they wouldnt want to play a venue that didnt look full

Last edited:
That'll save at least 2 minutes.
Saves 6 minutes according to Google Maps plus the travelling time from Gateshead to central if I'd stayed on!

It was awful....highlighted the God awful sound of the place

We were sitting near 2 women who wildly applauded every song which highlighted the status of the bloke...he was shite that night
Ha not sure which Bowie gig was worse Roker Park in 87 or Newcastle Arena in 95!

Last edited:
Saves 6 minutes according to Google Maps plus the travelling time from Gateshead to central if I'd stayed on!

Ha not sure which Bowie gig was worse Roker Park in 87 or Newcastle Arena in 95!

The Arena gig would have been way better if he'd come on stage and said "good evening Sunderland"

Bands rarely pick the arena these days, was shocked the killers announced a date.

Just seen arcade fire are touring but only doing London Manchester Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back