Newcastle Arena Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

When was the last time a big/decent act was on at The Arena?

Dinnit think I've read on here of many lately.
To be fair, Queen are on in December

But it was very noticable when a lot of bands doing big European arena tours have stopped bothering to include Newcastle.

Metallica playing european arenas pretty much non-stop from this September until next May and still not playing Newcastle springs to mind.

When was the last time a big/decent act was on at The Arena?

Dinnit think I've read on here of many lately.

Iron Maiden were on in May. The place has probably became so infested with lice after that gig they've had to decide it's easier to shut it and build a new one instead of cleaning it.

2 biggies in 8 months doesn’t sound a lot mind.

That's off the top of my head mate i.e. the ones I know about because me or someone in the family wanted tickets. I'm sure there's a few more if you look. I think Little Mix have played quite a few gigs there lately.

Agree it's not the draw it once was mind, but it does still get it's share of decent acts as far as I'm aware.

It'll definitely be an improvement if it's purpose built for music.

Still think due to location and transport links to other cities and catchment area, a lot of arena size tours will chose Leeds over Newcastle/Gateshead.

Given the choice then probably agree but it will also encourage bands to do both, meaning we'll get more gigs up here

Great news much easier to get to from Seaham! Hopefully have a much better sound as that ruined many a gig at the Arena.

It also needs a much higher capacity than the current Arena as that is simply too small to be economically viable - or so I've read that Bands are saying, which is why they don't use it.

I know it was too small for even Comic Con a couple of years ago.

Good news for the region.

Wonder what they'll do with the current arena site? Decent place for some flats/apartments I'd have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back