New York for New Year

As the title says.
New York bound for New Year.
We are away for the best part of a week. Any advice on how much spending money?

Thanks

Lots and spare travelers cheque's as well. Oh and don't forget the credit card for any incidentals partner might want.... loads of bargains over there.

As the title says.
New York bound for New Year.
We are away for the best part of a week. Any advice on how much spending money?

Thanks
lots.... If your there for the New years eve, Times Square is fantastic but you will be standing there for hours before new year chimes in.. I think you can still buy tickets for Times Square but be prepared to wait. New York needs planning before you go. decide where to go and what to do in order... Pre book the tickets for the Empire state.

lots.... If your there for the New years eve, Times Square is fantastic but you will be standing there for hours before new year chimes in.. I think you can still buy tickets for Times Square but be prepared to wait. New York needs planning before you go. decide where to go and what to do in order... Pre book the tickets for the Empire state.
Times Square is shite man. Penned in like cattle with no bogs and gobby New Yorkers arguing with police. Hopped the barrier and fucked off for a wander round the city then watched the ball drop on the tv were I could actually see the fucker.

We go the 27th.

I was thinking in the region of £1,500 but looks like I could be a bit out
Once you get into Macelys or Bloomingdales:lol:

Times Square is shite man. Penned in like cattle with no bogs and gobby New Yorkers arguing with police. Hopped the barrier and fucked off for a wander round the city then watched the ball drop on the tv were I could actually see the fucker.
We stood outside the theaters and had a cracking time... I know people who bought quick access tickets direct into TS and had a great time last year....You try Grand Central Station for your Breakfasts?

Last edited:
We had about three grand for five days and came back with money in our pockets. There's a lot to do in NY that's cheap tbh, the whole place is basically a giant movie set to wander round.

Back