New York for New Year

Both... and at the same time. But I was referring to NYC, NY and the US in general.
I couldn't stand the place after a few years. The differences in thier priorities compared to ours are a lot bigger than most people think.
Been to a lot of us cities and states and New York is by far the worst I don’t get the obsession with it as a travel destination. Dirty, busy and people with even less patience than Londoners.

Been to a lot of us cities and states and New York is by far the worst I don’t get the obsession with it as a travel destination. Dirty, busy and people with even less patience than Londoners.
The people there are all fake. Smile to your face, stab you in the back when you're not looking. Had a few jobs there and it was all about f***ing other people over to club the corporate ladder.
So happy to be back in the NE.. real f***ing people here.

The people there are all fake. Smile to your face, stab you in the back when you're not looking. Had a few jobs there and it was all about f***ing other people over to club the corporate ladder.
So happy to be back in the NE.. real f***ing people here.
All the places I’ve been in the us San Francisco is the one like. Love that city. Never been anywhere in the south but have a relative who just moved from California to Texas so that’s on the to visit list now.

The sister in law went for new year and booked onto the circle line midnight boat trip, saw in the new year sat just under the Statue of Liberty watching various sets of fireworks being set off along the river.

I’m not usually impressed by Facebook/instagram show offs but it looked like something pretty special.

Was reasonably priced by all accounts and wasn’t even booked in advance. Might be worth a look.

When i went to New York we spent about £1500 a day, each. Then about another £1000 each per evening. That was ten years ago now mind so i'd imagine it's a bit expensive now. We stuck to that tight budget and still had a great time mind.
How the fuck did you spend a 2500 quid a day in New York :eek:

I didn’t spend that in 5 days :lol:

As the title says.
New York bound for New Year.
We are away for the best part of a week. Any advice on how much spending money?

Thanks

went there for new years once. cost us about £5000 and was absolutely shite, just really hated it.

hope you have a good time like but i know you won't. shame really.

How the fuck did you spend a 2500 quid a day in New York :eek:

I didn’t spend that in 5 days :lol:

Well the wallet inspector tax is £500 a day and you KNOW there's no avoidin that. Then I read someone that you had to tip the bell boy £10 per bag and someone's after shopping we'd come back with about ten bags and eight of those would have brand new bags within them, then there's the taxi driver tips and the waitress tips and the policeman bribes......it soon adds up mate.

I can imagine it being a bit of a hell hole in the summer like. We went at Christmas and the people couldn't have been nicer. Polite and respectful. London the only difference at christmas is you get trampled by people wearing santa hats.

I can imagine it being a bit of a hell hole in the summer like. We went at Christmas and the people couldn't have been nicer. Polite and respectful. London the only difference at christmas is you get trampled by people wearing santa hats.
Been in summer and winter didn’t like it either time :lol:

Everyone seems cranky as hell in the summer. Probably to do with the heat.

That and the fact that all New Yorkers appear to be grade A arseholes.....

Had the best 12 days of my life there last year. Airbnb in williamsburg with some radgies, getting off it, dive bars, subways rides all owa, made a million new mates, bands, hip hop, art galleries, partys, got a tattoo, michelin star restaurants, drinks at the plaza, rollerblading round central park, getting pissed during the day in tiny old pubs, pizza, amazing views everywhere, just get away from the touristy bits and start walking and talking

Back