New three tier system announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no restaurants are open then that's my Xmas fucked. Was hoping for a Xmas day curry at the local Indian. Looks like its a chicken dinner for the three of us and no interaction with outside world :-(

So they are going to open up all the shops etc for Christmas but basically keep the pubs shut. So i can go around touching whatever the hell i like while Christmas shopping but I cant got for a pint down the pub. The rules are a complete joke.

The north east went in to the lockdown in tier 2, so when we come out of the lockdown we will be in tier 3 🤷‍♂️
Exactly. The reason for the lockdown was to get things under control again and sort test and trace out. Why would we have stricter restrictions than before? Also they're going to do mass testing in any area that goes into 3 like they did in Liverpool. I'd like to think we're in tier 2 still.

Most probably wouldn't bother if it was only for 5 days. I don't know the trade, but I imagine it would be difficult to know what stocks to order for just 5 days. I wouldn't want to order stuff that I could be just chucking.

Yeah that’s a very good point didn’t think of that

I guess they’d have to do bottles or someit

What if you’re in tier 3, you’re allowed out of it for 5 days because it’s Christmas, what a mess
I reckon nobody will be in tier 3 come Christmas. They're supposed to be going to do mass testing in tier 3 areas like they did in Liverpool. It's no coincidence that the major of Liverpool city areas is very vocal about how much of a success it's been. Three weeks of smashing through thousands of tests in those areas so they can say we're opening you back up for Christmas.

Pubs closed in tier 3
Pubs only allowed to open in tier 2 if they serve food.

According to tomorrow's newspapers.

Merry Christmas 🤣

Safe to safe us lot will be plunged into Tier 3.
I reckon nobody will be in tier 3 come Christmas. They're supposed to be going to do mass testing in tier 3 areas like they did in Liverpool. It's no coincidence that the major of Liverpool city areas is very vocal about how much of a success it's been. Three weeks of smashing through thousands of tests in those areas so they can say we're opening you back up for Christmas.

Hope you're right, I think most will be in Tier 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back