New tablet advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a new ipad (not pro but maybe the air?) versus a three to four year old nexus 7 (android).

Try both yourself you should notice a difference

well you did ask.;)

You just gave one thing though, which isn't even a thing as it's possible. Ha'way give me more! :lol:

SD card is the one people use now, it used to be it can't play flash videos (until they realised it could and most people now moving away from flash anyway haha)

Try both yourself you should notice a difference

You just gave one thing though, which isn't even a thing as it's possible. Ha'way give me more! :lol:

SD card is the one people use now, it used to be it can't play flash videos (until they realised it could and most people now moving away from flash anyway haha)
  • Open source
  • Wider choice of tablets

tbf the ipad is ok, the bairn has one, just not my cup of tea. have played around with both and love the ease of android on tablets/phones. you prefer apple, the majority of the world prefer android.

My experience: iPad1 ground to a halt, so slow it was almost in reverse. Nexus 7 worked like a dream for years until I smashed the charge port travelling. There's some debate as to whether Apple intentionally slow their older devices which, from what happened to me, I can believe. Plus they're sinister as fuck.

I browse on my android tablet whilst someone else uses an apple, we have never noticed a difference in what happens whilst we browse, can you point out what I might be missing out on?
Fluidity, peachbum, it's all about fluidity. :lol:

• Open source
  • Wider choice of tablets
tbf the ipad is ok, the bairn has one, just not my cup of tea. have played around with both and love the ease of android on tablets/phones. you prefer apple, the majority of the world prefer android.

Both of which make Android tablets worse than iPad's - too much choice = massively fragmented OS (like windows!)

Pretty sure Apple have the majority market share for tablets too mind ;)

My experience: iPad1 ground to a halt, so slow it was almost in reverse. Nexus 7 worked like a dream for years until I smashed the charge port travelling. There's some debate as to whether Apple intentionally slow their older devices which, from what happened to me, I can believe. Plus they're sinister as fuck.

How long did you have yer iPad before it ground to a halt?

You prefer laggy shit to fluidity?? Give over ;)

Also @PTR suggests browsing on his Android is garbage and he knas what he is talking about!

How long did you have yer iPad before it ground to a halt?

You prefer laggy shit to fluidity?? Give over ;)

Also @PTR suggests browsing on his Android is garbage and he knas what he is talking about!
Mate, sorry and all that, but Apple have you brainwashed. I couldn't take any advice you give on threads like these seriously as your bias is so heavy.

There is absolutely no difference in browsing between the two. Show me some visual evidence and I might reconsider but I personally haven't seen a blind bit of difference between the two.

I had my Nexus 7 for at least twice as long as the iPad which, incidentally, wouldn't even turn on when I tried to start it last time. My personal experience is absolutely the opposite of what you proclaim every time these threads crop up, strangely.

Both of which make Android tablets worse than iPad's - too much choice = massively fragmented OS (like windows!)

Pretty sure Apple have the majority market share for tablets too mind ;)
im surprised at that mind, il not bother checking, could go on all night.

to the op, go for what suits you. we all prefer different things.

Mate, sorry and all that, but Apple have you brainwashed. I couldn't take any advice you give on threads like these seriously as your bias is so heavy.

There is absolutely no difference in browsing between the two. Show me some visual evidence and I might reconsider but I personally haven't seen a blind bit of difference between the two.

I had my Nexus 7 for at least twice as long as the iPad which, incidentally, wouldn't even turn on when I tried to start it last time. My personal experience is absolutely the opposite of what you proclaim every time these threads crop up, strangely.
the daughters first ipad ground to a halt too, she got the next gen and that is heading the same way. suppose it could happen with most.

If it was bias though, surely I would only buy Apple?!

If iPads were crap how would they have the market share of tablets worldwide? That's more than just me!

im surprised at that mind, il not bother checking, could go on all night.

to the op, go for what suits you. we all prefer different things.

Just have a quick google and you'll see mate, won't take long

53-54% market share - which if you think about it speaks volumes because, like you say, theres much more choice with Android...

If it was bias though, surely I would only buy Apple?!

If iPads were crap how would they have the market share of tablets worldwide? That's more than just me!

Just have a quick google and you'll see mate, won't take long

53-54% market share - which if you think about it speaks volumes because, like you say, theres much more choice with Android...
Pretty sure Samsung have market majority on phones? What do you think to that? Surely the godlike iPhone should hold that title? You can make stats say whatever you like. Also, I didn't say iPads were crap, I was just relating my truthful, actual experience. You can't even admit the very evident problems of the device. There's also an obvious disingenuous theme to your posts regarding Apple which I find really odd.

Pretty sure Samsung have market majority on phones? What do you think to that? Surely the godlike iPhone should hold that title? You can make stats say whatever you like. Also, I didn't say iPads were crap, I was just relating my truthful, actual experience. You can't even admit the very evident problems of the device. There's also an obvious disingenuous theme to your posts regarding Apple which I find really odd.

Logon or register to see this image

To be fair the original iPad is what 7 years old now ? Like all tech the market moves and it becomes out dated.

To be fair the original iPad is what 7 years old now ? Like all tech the market moves and it becomes out dated.
I had it when it released (won it) and the problems were occurring within or just after a year of having it. The Nexus I had for nigh on 4 years and it was night and day between them performance- and longevity-wise. It's why I always get so confused when people extoll the iPad as some stellar, solid device. Maybe I just got unlucky... Who knows.

I had it when it released (won it) and the problems were occurring within or just after a year of having it. The Nexus I had for nigh on 4 years and it was night and day between them performance- and longevity-wise. It's why I always get so confused when people extoll the iPad as some stellar, solid device. Maybe I just got unlucky... Who knows.

If it was grinding to a halt within a year though surely you took it back to Apple?

I really think you did get unlucky.

If it was grinding to a halt within a year though surely you took it back to Apple?

I really think you did get unlucky.
Well, according to what you keep banging on about, I must have got REALLY lucky with my Android device performing so well for so long. :lol: I must be the only Android user ever to have a device that browses to the same level as an Apple tablet.

Well, according to what you keep banging on about, I must have got REALLY lucky with my Android device performing so well for so long. :lol: I must be the only Android user ever to have a device that browses to the same level as an Apple tablet.

You are comparing (it seems) an android device with a broken apple device. Ha'way man ffs! :lol:

Looking for a new tablet, with black friday coming up i may as well nab one then, but which one ?

Been using a Kindle Fire hd for a while but its old and slow so looking to upgrade.

I'm torn between https://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/apple-ipad-9.7-2017-32gb-wifi-white-silver.html

or the equivalent Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Which is best for dodgy football links ?

Budget of around 300

Any helpful advice appreciated .

Dunno if any help but very.co.uk currently have 20% off Apple products. You need a credit account with them as you have to buy it on 12 months buy now pay later (0% interest) and they refund the 20% in a few weeks. Very are a bit of a scratter shop but these offers usually go through no probs for me and their Apple prices are the same as the Apple store generally.

New iPad for £320 and then an iptv app ?

People slate Apple but it does have the build quality

That website is dodgy as owt as well.

I have used eglobal central before and didn’t have a problem. I think they’re grey imports but come from Hong Kong so have uk plugs. Serial number worked ok for uk warranty purposes too.

You are comparing (it seems) an android device with a broken apple device. Ha'way man ffs! :lol:
Am I fuck. I'm comparing a tablet to another tablet. One that functioned pathetically and one that functioned really well. See, someone offers a different view point and you automatically claim the iPad is broken. Give over, others have confirmed the same happened to their iPads well. We must have all got them from the same faulty batch? But you're not biased, are you.

Am I fuck. I'm comparing a tablet to another tablet. One that functioned pathetically and one that functioned really well. See, someone offers a different view point and you automatically claim the iPad is broken. Give over, others have confirmed the same happened to their iPads well. We must have all got them from the same faulty batch? But you're not biased, are you.

You said it was unusable within a year - thats broke!

All tablets (including iPads) slow down after a number of years, not within a year though, that's bust!

Still baffled why you didn't take it to get fixed if it was unusable within the warranty period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back