New tablet advice.

Looking for a new tablet, with black friday coming up i may as well nab one then, but which one ?

Been using a Kindle Fire hd for a while but its old and slow so looking to upgrade.

I'm torn between https://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/apple-ipad-9.7-2017-32gb-wifi-white-silver.html

or the equivalent Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Which is best for dodgy football links ?

Budget of around 300

Any helpful advice appreciated .

iPad mate. Android tablets are rubbish. Neither is "best" for dodgy footy links, both will play them fine. Just the iPad is a better all around tablet.

I'm leaning towards apple, just nabbed an iphone 6 and am impressed, better than Rodwell (my old windows phone)

Hope apple drop the prices for Friday, don't wanna pay more than 300.

Cheers for the top tips.

iPad mate. Android tablets are rubbish. Neither is "best" for dodgy footy links, both will play them fine. Just the iPad is a better all around tablet.
Oh dear Sleepy ffs man!

To the op, as ever, if you want to spend more for poorer technical specs go Apple.

If you want better bang for your buck, select any other device on the market.

Oh dear Sleepy ffs man!

To the op, as ever, if you want to spend more for poorer technical specs go Apple.

If you want better bang for your buck, select any other device on the market.

If you mean better bang for your buck as in it being cheap shite which runs like a dog, then you are spot on!

Do the right thing OP.

if you want to be tied in to apples bullshit buy an ipad.

if you want something more open buy an android, samsung tabs are spot on.

Tied into apples bullshit? :lol:

Do people still preach this? Ha'way man :lol:

Let's play the game again, tell me what you can't do on an iPad which you can on an Android tablet.

And for £200 or under?

Our nexus 7 is on its last legs, but since tablets are a load of shit in general and barely ever get used in our house, I don't want to spend a lot for the odd time we want to use one.

And for £200 or under?

Our nexus 7 is on its last legs, but since tablets are a load of shit in general and barely ever get used in our house, I don't want to spend a lot for the odd time we want to use one.

Do you really hate iPads mate? Serious question, not taking piss...

Cos if you check HUKD link above you can get the iPad 2017 edition for 250 - maybe cheaper if you hunt around... for the price it'll blow the socks off most/all android tablets and the vast catalogue of tablet apps is still way superior too.

You may change your view if you get a proper tablet ;)

Do you really hate iPads mate? Serious question, not taking piss...
Cos if you check HUKD link above you can get the iPad 2017 edition for 250 - maybe cheaper if you hunt around... for the price it'll blow the socks off most/all android tablets and the vast catalogue of tablet apps is still way superior too.
You may change your view if you get a proper tablet ;)
I just don't see the point in the format. Mobile browsing is just appalling for anything other than the most basic of stuff (like posting on here). The missus has no end of bother with websites' active content etc. Its just for her really, for the odd time she wants to do something on line but I'm on the laptop or whatever.

I've very little against Apple, I just have no interest in ever using it again - it would be the same web browser being installed on it, so the exact same problems. The only difference would be whether there are apps for illegal streaming services on apple, which I assumed there wouldn't be - which is one of the other times I use the tablet.

How are apple knocking out current generation tablets for £250? Are they momumentally underpowered or something? The best samsung ones looked to be about £500 when I checked last night.

I just don't see the point in the format. Mobile browsing is just appalling for anything other than the most basic of stuff (like posting on here). The missus has no end of bother with websites' active content etc. Its just for her really, for the odd time she wants to do something on line but I'm on the laptop or whatever.

I've very little against Apple, I just have no interest in ever using it again - it would be the same web browser being installed on it, so the exact same problems. The only difference would be whether there are apps for illegal streaming services on apple, which I assumed there wouldn't be - which is one of the other times I use the tablet.

How are apple knocking out current generation tablets for £250? Are they momumentally underpowered or something? The best samsung ones looked to be about £500 when I checked last night.

Try browsing on an iPad compared to android tablet mate, it is night and day. I get pelters on here for pointing it out, but browsing on android is crap!

Which apps for streaming? You can install Kodi, MovieBox (iOS version of SHowBox) etc.

These are apples "entry level" ones, but still very fast capable tablets. They will run better than the most expensive android tablets.

Back